Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CBP officer

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • There is some exception to the 37 age limit. I had been in contact with MHC awhile back because I was concerned about the slow down and the fact that I would be 37 within the next year. Here is the exact response I received from the them regarding my application and yes I am a veteran:

    Effective July 6th, 2008, the maximum entry age for CBPO positions is 37. However, as you have already been selected and remain in process you will be exempt from the age limitation. Any declination or failure to respond to requests for forms or testing would result in file closure, and a new selection or application under a new announcement would require compliance with the new age limitation.

    That being said, if they don't start hiring soon, we will see. I am still under 37 for a while, but I don't want to be 40 going through FLETC. I ran 15 miles this morning and over 40 miles total this week. I just re-enlisted in the ANG. I have confidence that I could do it, just don't know if I would want to. Luckily for me, this quest is about a desire and not need. I am gainfully employed as an auditor and if this does not happen for me, I will still have a good life.
    Last edited by USMC0844; 05-22-2010, 11:14 AM.
    CBPO East Texas
    TO: 3/3/09
    Pre-Emp Forms: 3/26/09
    Fitness: 4/6/09 -Passed
    Medical: 4/6/09 -Passed
    VBT: 4/7/09 -Passed
    Quals: (GS-7) 4/10/09 -Verified
    Drug Test: 4/17/09 -Passed
    BI: 8/27/09 -Cleared
    TSU: 8/27/09
    FCRA: 05/19/10
    BI Update: 6/16/10

    Comment


    • Originally posted by USMC0844 View Post
      There is some exception to the 37 age limit. I had been in contact with MHC awhile back because I was concerned about the slow down and the fact that I would be 37 within the next year. Here is the exact response I received from the them regarding my application and yes I am a veteran:

      Effective July 6th, 2008, the maximum entry age for CBPO positions is 37. However, as you have already been selected and remain in process you will be exempt from the age limitation. Any declination or failure to respond to requests for forms or testing would result in file closure, and a new selection or application under a new announcement would require compliance with the new age limitation.

      That being said, if they don't start hiring soon, we will see. I am still under 37 for a while, but I don't want to be 40 going through FLETC. I ran 15 miles this morning and over 40 miles total this week. I just re-enlisted in the ANG. I have confidence that I could do it, just don't know if I would want to. Luckily for me, this quest is about a desire and not need. I am gainfully employed as an auditor and if this does not happen for me, I will still have a good life.
      The way it has been explained to me is that you have to have been given your TO. Once you are given your TO you are OK in regards to the age limit.

      FB

      Comment


      • "Does anyone know if current feds with active security clearance need to go through the magic box also?"

        Hello all earning some easy money today !
        Yes you have to go through a security clearance regardless of how many you have .
        At one point I had three background/security checks going on .
        When I accepted my new position I was still getting emails and phone calls .
        And no two back grounds in the Fed are really the same ,go fiqure ? I mean what one wanted explained another could care less about.
        NOW I am sure the choir will chirp in here .
        There are exceptions to every statement . When IEA first started hiring they took CBPOS without a physical or background check.
        The Fed can do whatever it wants when it wants too.
        Last edited by dajob; 05-22-2010, 02:53 PM.

        Comment


        • Well, I actually heard some good news today. My mother in law works at the Port Huron bridge at a toll booth. I told her I have been getting several NOR's by e-mail. She talked to a senior CBP Officer today and asked him what the deal was. He said that the reason these are being sent out is that they will be doing another round of hiring around October, that is why if anyone has had there scores extended, they wont have to have another round of testing. Just wanted to pass this on....good luck

          Comment


          • Originally posted by BillyHoyle View Post
            Hang tight Dave. You're not alone. I've got the same thing going on with my app. Who knows what they're planning for us, but at least it's nor unique to any of us waiting.

            Maybe they want us poly'd, maybe they don't have us high priority since no calls are coming. I stoped tryin to guess what's going on.
            Didn't think CBP does a poly.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by UD4LIFE View Post
              Didn't think CBP does a poly.
              Allegedly it's a new screening measure. However, much of the new policy still seems unclear. But I guess it is to counteract the level of corruption that they have been seeing in CBP as of late.
              Last edited by Lamp Lighter; 05-23-2010, 11:03 PM.
              "He made the night a little brighter where ever he would go. The old lamplighter of long, long ago."

              Comment


              • Originally posted by UD4LIFE View Post
                Didn't think CBP does a poly.
                They sure did poly me! 6 hours!

                Comment


                • Originally posted by POPO6 View Post
                  Well, I actually heard some good news today. My mother in law works at the Port Huron bridge at a toll booth. I told her I have been getting several NOR's by e-mail. She talked to a senior CBP Officer today and asked him what the deal was. He said that the reason these are being sent out is that they will be doing another round of hiring around October, that is why if anyone has had there scores extended, they wont have to have another round of testing. Just wanted to pass this on....good luck
                  Thanks for the great update POPO6!!!!!!!

                  Comment


                  • Hello to all, have not been posting for a while, although have read a lot to catch up and before I asked my question. After being in a CASS for a year, I received the two or so forms over th mail, signed them and sent them back within the allowed time.

                    CASS went to pending ever since. This was about 1 1/2 months ago. Now I got the other package to redo the Equip, but it says that they need four sets of them. Can anyone who's doing this now tell me if I need to send in four sets of it in? or are they talking about the other forms? Any help would be appreciated. Regards.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by cbpwaitingfl View Post
                      They sure did poly me! 6 hours!
                      Interesting.

                      Are they going to retroactively poly newer Officers? Or only one they suspect of being less than honest?

                      I know BP had some issues with Mexican cartel members joining up.

                      The poly blows, I had 3 in my career (2 Fed and 1 state). Passed 2 and inconclusive on 1 of them...junk science

                      Comment


                      • How many more years do you think people without TO's will have to wait for TO's? 1-2, or more?
                        Current 1811

                        Comment


                        • ^

                          Its all about funding and I am sure since CBP is now "covered" the turnover rate is not as high compared to the past

                          Comment


                          • Here's a question...

                            I was recently pulled out of TSU with a pending background investigation from the credit check forms.

                            Is that all that they'll ask for to re-clear my BI or will another investigator be required to come down and do his interviews and investigations all over again?

                            Thanks in advance!
                            "Veni, vidi, vici."

                            CBPO
                            TEST - 03/02/09
                            NOR - 03/05/09 (95%)
                            TO - 04/06/09
                            FORMS - 04/21/09
                            MED/FIT - 04/29/09
                            DRUG TEST - 05/05/09
                            QUALS - 05/12/09 (GS-5)
                            VBT - 05/21/09 passed 06/12/09
                            BI - Met 06/24/09 cleared 08/14/09
                            TSU - 08/14/09
                            The "Call" - 01/14/11
                            EOD - 02/07/11
                            FLETC - 02/23/11 - 06/28/11


                            BPA
                            TEST - 12/13/10
                            NOR - 12/20/10 (93%)

                            "Find something you would be willing to die for and live for that."

                            Comment


                            • ^ Hey, I can only speak from my experience in this process, I received the forms to sign and send back. After sending them and being pending for almost Two months now, just received another package with the same forms to fill out, plus fingerprint card, as well as having to redo the EQIP again. Hope this helps

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Akito View Post
                                ^ Hey, I can only speak from my experience in this process, I received the forms to sign and send back. After sending them and being pending for almost Two months now, just received another package with the same forms to fill out, plus fingerprint card, as well as having to redo the EQIP again. Hope this helps
                                This is STD procedure if your BI has not cleared up to this point... I have done this 3 times already... copies of the eQip and print cards, they are simply updating your files or just trying to weed out those who don't comply with the requests. Simply do as asked and keep on with your life, eventually something will happen, the problem is that "eventually" means very little right now.

                                Koalica
                                You will not have to meet another investigator, being that you were already in TSU with a cleared BI, all you have is to update your credit check...
                                CBPO
                                Written: 08/29/2007
                                EOD: July 11, 2011

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 9097 users online. 376 members and 8721 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X