300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Yankeefan2009 View Post
    I honestly do not think we will get TO's before the eligibility runs out in December. I think they will just tell us to reapply in 2-3 years when another announcement opens. Waited 15 months since test, what a shame...

I can't speak for other ports, but I know that some guys have been in TSU for over a year for Buffalo. I have friends at the port that said they are still overhired by about 15-20 guys. Do the math, it doesn't look good.
    Honestly there are very few ports that are "overstaffed", the problem is that with the economy and the GS12 pay raise there is little attrition, and those spots that were expected to open have not. You arrived late in the game and never even got your TO to get the ball rolling, there are so many applicants with TO's and in TSU waiting to be hired that it is ridiculous... just take a gander at my timeline!

Keep on applying to other places and forget about this one, really... If you had applied in 07-08 you would've been picked up in no time at all, that is if you didn't run into any snags on your BI of course!

It is what it is guys!...
    CBPO
    Written: 08/29/2007
    EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• I took the poly and I'm a bit stunned to be the ONLY one ...which I'm sure there are others who just aren't members of this DT. I'm not sure if its because I'm down to the bottom of the applicant pile however per my CASS, the only thing that was pending and still is, is my BI.

Again, the investigator told me that they're (CBP) is moving towards 100% poly testing - that could be from a certain date moving forward or they would back date - I don't know. He did continue to say, to consider the test a big leap in my background process. CBP wants to hire me but just need to make sure my data is accurate and with that, I passed.

Wish I could give more info. This was about a month ago.

Comment

• i have been getting a bunch of NORs via email as well

how can i access my cass???

how do i get my application ID ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Paulie312 View Post
          i have been getting a bunch of NORs via email as well

how can i access my cass???

how do i get my application ID ?
          You will receive that information when you receive a Tenative Offer. CASS does not track you if you have not received a TO.

On a side note....Got my FCRA update forms today.
          CBPO East Texas
          TO: 3/3/09
          Pre-Emp Forms: 3/26/09
          Fitness: 4/6/09 -Passed
          Medical: 4/6/09 -Passed
          VBT: 4/7/09 -Passed
          Quals: (GS-7) 4/10/09 -Verified
          Drug Test: 4/17/09 -Passed
          BI: 8/27/09 -Cleared
          TSU: 8/27/09
          FCRA: 05/19/10
          BI Update: 6/16/10

Comment

• Originally posted by imlikeaninja View Post
            Just got sent another NOR!

That makes 8.
            Thats weird.. Wondering why im not getting the Recent NORs.
            Ive gotten many previous ones. What does this one say?
            What does it mean?
            I did give them a call few days ago.. They said my Offer is still good for JFK
            TO Date-01-09
            TSU 5/5/2009
            Thanks
            CBPO
            GEO - NY/JFK
            TO - 01/29/09
            TSU - 05/05/09

Background cleared on 6/10/09
            Expired 6/10/11
            Met with BI for second Bi 10/30/2011

Comment

• Originally posted by Rshen11 View Post
              Thats weird.. Wondering why im not getting the Recent NORs.
              Ive gotten many previous ones. What does this one say?
              What does it mean?
              I did give them a call few days ago.. They said my Offer is still good for JFK
              TO Date-01-09
              TSU 5/5/2009
              Thanks
              You will only receive the NOR if you have a pending application that you have not received a TO on. For example, I applied for Laredo, TX prior to receiving my current TO. I still receive NORs for the Laredo application as I have not received a TO. If JFK is your only application and you are in TSU, there is no need to send you a NOR. If you reapply for another location, you will start to receive them again.

It basically says that they are extending eligibility until Dec 2010 due to the current economic conditions and slow hiring.
              CBPO East Texas
              TO: 3/3/09
              Pre-Emp Forms: 3/26/09
              Fitness: 4/6/09 -Passed
              Medical: 4/6/09 -Passed
              VBT: 4/7/09 -Passed
              Quals: (GS-7) 4/10/09 -Verified
              Drug Test: 4/17/09 -Passed
              BI: 8/27/09 -Cleared
              TSU: 8/27/09
              FCRA: 05/19/10
              BI Update: 6/16/10

Comment

• It's my big day...

ONE YEAR IN TSU!
                "He made the night a little brighter where ever he would go. The old lamplighter of long, long ago."

Comment

• i continue to get NORs for Philly as well..... have not gotten a TO yet

wondering if it will ever come

Comment

• Originally posted by Lamp Lighter View Post
                    It's my big day...

ONE YEAR IN TSU!
                    COGRATS? I'm 8 days away from my 1 year anniversary!!! Gotta keep on keeping on!

Comment

• Originally posted by Paulie312 View Post
                      i continue to get NORs for Philly as well..... have not gotten a TO yet

wondering if it will ever come
                      When did you take the written??

Comment

• Originally posted by ZODIAC76 View Post
                        COGRATS? I'm 8 days away from my 1 year anniversary!!! Gotta keep on keeping on!
                        Congrats! I'm 13 days away from my 1 year anniversary!
                        CBPO
                        GEO - NY/JFK
                        TEST - 03/08 (NOR: 04/08)

TO - 01/09
                        PE Forms - Completed
                        Fitness - Completed
                        VBT - 03/09 - Completed
                        Drug Screen - Completed
                        Qual - 05/09 - Completed
                        B.I. - 05/09 - Completed
                        Medical - 05/09 - Completed
                        TSU

EOD: ???
                        FLETC: ???

Comment

• Im coming up on mine too!!! But here is the kicker. I passed everything. The medical department had a issue with a on-duty car accident I had, and missed one day of work. They wanted a letter from my Chief and resume that I was in good standing and I was able to preform all the same functions that a CBP Officer can do. Well the letter was sent, but the medical department claimed they never received it...so I got booted because of it. EVERYTHING WAS DONE. The more I think of it I want to bang my head, but there is nothing I can do. I just re-applied and all I get is the 2000 NOR's sent to my e-mail. Now take that for a kick in the pants.

Comment

• Originally posted by POPO6 View Post
                            Im coming up on mine too!!! But here is the kicker. I passed everything. The medical department had a issue with a on-duty car accident I had, and missed one day of work. They wanted a letter from my Chief and resume that I was in good standing and I was able to preform all the same functions that a CBP Officer can do. Well the letter was sent, but the medical department claimed they never received it...so I got booted because of it. EVERYTHING WAS DONE. The more I think of it I want to bang my head, but there is nothing I can do. I just re-applied and all I get is the 2000 NOR's sent to my e-mail. Now take that for a kick in the pants.
                            Damn that sucks.. Make sure you double send everything and do a follow-up call or email next time.. This happen to me before.. and i always do this.
                            CBPO
                            GEO - NY/JFK
                            TO - 01/29/09
                            TSU - 05/05/09

Background cleared on 6/10/09
                            Expired 6/10/11
                            Met with BI for second Bi 10/30/2011

Comment

• Originally posted by Rshen11 View Post
                              Damn that sucks.. Make sure you double send everything and do a follow-up call or email next time.. This happen to me before.. and i always do this.
                              I just hope there is a next time and dont have to wait 3 or 4 years.

Comment

• polygraph testing for 100% of applicants

Does anyone know if current feds with active security clearance need to go through the magic box also?
                                Current 1811

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8112 users online. 257 members and 7855 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X