Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• well, i had posted a few times saying that i wasn't sure if i would pass my medical because of my vision, well today i took the medical and visions test and somehow i could see 20/70 uncorrected in both eyes, 20/100 uncorrected in both my right and left eye. Weird because i have never seen this good without contacts, guess the eye exercises worked out lol. My near vision was fine, and my corrected was 20/30 in both eyes, as well as just my right and left. Passed the fitness test and everything. Only thing that could go wrong is the hearing, the doc said everything looked good though.

So now i have a VBT scheduled for next week, from reading other posts i kind of have an idea about what the process is like, i just had a few questions. I know the test isn't necessarily based on LE situations, but what kind of situations is it based on, is it just random work things, I.E. you are at a job and see a co worker steal something? Another thing after you see the scenario unfold (whatever it is) do you have to answer based on what you would do, or do they give you options, like
    A. i would do this
    B. i would do this
    C. Etc.
    D. etc.
    E. etc.

thanks again for the info

Comment

• Originally posted by williamssd View Post
      Tarheel,

Man, I really feel for you right now. I'm at a loss for even a remote suggestion for you (and I sure wish I could provide one).

Something my grandfather recommended to me as I entered LE outta' college, (for those in the future) do not give your notice of separation to your current employer until you have an actual printed/hard copy final offer letter in hand. I requested that letter when I got my offer from BP. It a took a couple of days so I couldn't give my current employer (at the time) a full two week notice. I know it doesn't look good to not give proper notice, but in this game where the gov't doesn't really give a **** about your personal welfare it might be necessary to CYA.

I'd be curious to know if there's someone higher up you could contact (you'd have to find out from those really in the know; madchicken, JB, current
      CBPO's, etc.).

This is an issue at MHC. Unless you know someone with a little juice at HQ your best bet would be to keep in contact with MHC.

Try to shake it off and keep going.

- Steve
      Don't tase me bro!!

Comment

• Originally posted by kc12 View Post
        Over here we don't care if the question has been answered sevral hundred times, we are normally polite and don't get irritable when we answer questions for people who are genuinely curious.
        I will second this.
        ICE IEA Philadelphia FO (Dingmans Ferry, PA)
        Written: 5/15/08
        NOR: 5/20/08
        TO: 10/28/08
        Medical/Drug Test: Cleared from CBP
        Fitness: 2/02/09
        BI: 3/15/09
        OB: 4/24
        EOD: 7/27
        FLETC: 7/29 (Class 928)

CBPO Pennsylvania
        Written: 3/15/08
        NOR: 4/2/08
        TO: 5/22/08
        Pre-Emp Forms: 6/2/08
        Fitness/Medical: 6/18/08
        VBT: 6/30/08
        Drug Test: 7/10/08
        Quals: (GS-7) 7/23/08
        Met w/ BI: 9/24/08
        BI submitted: 10/10/08
        TSU: 4/2/09
        Removed from TSU (med/fit): 6/4
        EOD:

Comment

• Vbt...

Goosell,

Well, I can't get too detailed about the VBT (you do sign a non-disclosure before taking it – #12 on pg. 2 states you're not to discuss any aspects of the test – though a lot are "claiming" they didn't or didn't see it), but I'll try to generalize a few things.

First, you are seated/standing at a small desk watching a TV. Next to the TV is a video camera recording you from the start of the video to the end of the video.

You will given a several scenarios to watch, and then respond as if you are really there (ie. talking directly to the TV to the person or persons you see before you). The last scenario will be you explaining what you would do and why. All are in the context of being a CBPO, but you do not need any LE experience to complete the VBT.

That's about as detailed as I'm willing to get, and I hope that I haven't gone too far in describing the VBT. It's not difficult, just make sure to keep a "customer service" attitude in mind during the test.

- Steve
          "Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize... HALF OF THEM ARE STUPIDER THAN THAT!"

- The Late George Carlin

Comment

• Originally posted by williamssd View Post
            Goosell,

Well, I can't get too detailed about the VBT (you do sign a non-disclosure before taking it – #12 on pg. 2 states you're not to discuss any aspects of the test – though a lot are "claiming" they didn't or didn't see it), but I'll try to generalize a few things.
            Wow, I did not even see that when I signed the paperwork....

I think you are too focused on doing a good job than reading the fine print

Comment

• Got a call from the med unit today saying i was cleared of my last medical condition. Just waiting for the call from the scheduling unit now

Comment

• Whats up everyone

Long time no post or replies! But hey im here At FLETC busy training and learning everything I need to know so I can get back to my port wit a badge and gun! THanks for everyone who gave me advice in the past! Ill be done at the end of july! Woop WOop!

Mmmm chicken its whats for dinner........breakfast,lunch,brunch,snack, dessert! hahah those that are here or have been understand!
                What if quotas did exist?!

Comment

• hypothetical question:

I have a TO, almost all the way done with CASS (everything is checked off, except for BI, met with him last week)

what would happen if i change my GEO preference? I assume i would have to wait for a TO from that new GEO, but then won't all of my medical, physical, VBT, etc. carry immediately over?

It all did for BPA even though i withdrew that application a few months before i applied for CBPO?

Thanks, i'm in a tough spot, i really want this job, but would also like to move closer home (live in FL, move back to VA)

Comment

• Originally posted by dmgritte View Post
                    hypothetical question:

I have a TO, almost all the way done with CASS (everything is checked off, except for BI, met with him last week)

what would happen if i change my GEO preference? I assume i would have to wait for a TO from that new GEO, but then won't all of my medical, physical, VBT, etc. carry immediately over?

It all did for BPA even though i withdrew that application a few months before i applied for CBPO?

Thanks, i'm in a tough spot, i really want this job, but would also like to move closer home (live in FL, move back to VA)
                    Yes...but with the new retirement coming along in July you may not want to.

If you're over 37 or 40 you might force youself out of job contention for good, and if you're under 37 you'll probably force youself into a mandatory 57 retirement age.

Comment

• thank you,

I'm only 24 so i'm not near the limit. If i get in at this age it would be 20 years of service or 50 years old right?

Comment

• Originally posted by dmgritte View Post
                        thank you,

I'm only 24 so i'm not near the limit. If i get in at this age it would be 20 years of service or 50 years old right?
                        It's 50 with 20 years of service or any age with 25 years of service. You'd be eligible @ 49 if you got in today.

With the current TO you'll MIGHT(probably)not be forced into retirement @ 57. Unless you get a new TO by 07/06 you'll most likely be forced at 57 under the new retirement.

Do you wish to be working past 57? It's your call.

Comment

• [QUOTE=ExSDSO;1290099]Long time no post or replies! But hey im here At FLETC busy training and learning everything I need to know so I can get back to my port wit a badge and gun! THanks for everyone who gave me advice in the past! Ill be done at the end of july! Woop WOop!

Outstanding! so how is the PT/DT?

Comment

• Merlin,

So your saying since the new retirement does not start till July, since my TO is older, i could be forced under the old retirement.

I dont know if i'll stay with CBP my entire career, i'd like to move into a special agent position in a few years.

I guess my question is am i totally stepping on my own feet if i change my GEO in the process not as much in the retirement?

Comment

• spanish

Hi, i thought i read that if you didnt kow spanish you have to spend 5 months at FLETC instead of 3to learn it, now im looking on cbp.gov and cant find that info anywhere, i found it for BA but not CPBO. Im pretty sure you need spanish for both correct? If so it is 5 months at FLETC instead of 3 ???

Another thing i live in AZ and half the people dont speak english anyways and its frustrating in day to day life so for awhile ive been thinking of doing Roseata stone or some sort of other language learner, would you recommend something like this so i can spend 2 less months at FLETC

Comment

• Hi,

My wife has a friend who's husband is currently at FLETC. Now, he already completed his 4 month stint, but he had to return for another 6 weeks because he didn't pass the spanish exam. Well, he already completed those 6 weeks, but he's now on his way back to FLETC for a third time for another 8 weeks. Hs wife doesn't seem to understand why he has to go back again for another 8 weeks. Is it normal that you would have to keep going back to FLETC before you have even begun working at your port of duty?
                                Last edited by grullj; 06-18-2008, 09:55 AM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4082 users online. 204 members and 3878 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X