Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It is hard to believe that they are doing a poly on 100% of applicants.

Comment

• They're actually moving to polygraphing all new hires. The agency tried to make it applicable to all current cbpo's during their periodical backgrounds but the union fought it and won. The person that runs the internal affairs section of CBP is an ex-secret service agent who back in 2009 made a speech at a CBP conference saying how polygraph's are the best thing in the world. He went on to say he had already doubled number of polygraphers and he intended on expanding the program even more. He mentioned then how he intended on polygraphing all new hires, any officer taking an overseas assignment, and basically any CBPO whenever they feel like it. Let's just say his little crusade got stepped on pretty quickly. For new hires, well anything goes and he's pretty much got full reign on that arena.

Comment

• Originally posted by PL07 View Post
        It is hard to believe that they are doing a poly on 100% of applicants.
        Will that include applicants in TSU? I really don't know if my patience can handle another application step after sitting in TSU for a year.
        "He made the night a little brighter where ever he would go. The old lamplighter of long, long ago."

Comment

• Can someone PM me a phone number contact for CBPO? I need to ask someone about making arrangements for another academy.
          Current 1811

Comment

• Originally posted by CBPO I View Post
            They're actually moving to polygraphing all new hires. The agency tried to make it applicable to all current cbpo's during their periodical backgrounds but the union fought it and won. The person that runs the internal affairs section of CBP is an ex-secret service agent who back in 2009 made a speech at a CBP conference saying how polygraph's are the best thing in the world. He went on to say he had already doubled number of polygraphers and he intended on expanding the program even more. He mentioned then how he intended on polygraphing all new hires, any officer taking an overseas assignment, and basically any CBPO whenever they feel like it. Let's just say his little crusade got stepped on pretty quickly. For new hires, well anything goes and he's pretty much got full reign on that arena.
            Are they lifestyle polys or CI polys?
            Current 1811

Comment

• crazy how time flies by...

had i been pregnant, I would have given birth to a TSU baby today.

Happy 9 monthiversary to me
              Last edited by koalica; 05-14-2010, 10:22 AM.
              "Veni, vidi, vici."

CBPO
              TEST - 03/02/09
              NOR - 03/05/09 (95%)
              TO - 04/06/09
              FORMS - 04/21/09
              MED/FIT - 04/29/09
              DRUG TEST - 05/05/09
              QUALS - 05/12/09 (GS-5)
              VBT - 05/21/09 passed 06/12/09
              BI - Met 06/24/09 cleared 08/14/09
              TSU - 08/14/09
              The "Call" - 01/14/11
              EOD - 02/07/11
              FLETC - 02/23/11 - 06/28/11

BPA
              TEST - 12/13/10
              NOR - 12/20/10 (93%)

"Find something you would be willing to die for and live for that."

Comment

• It applies to any person who has not EOD'd yet. So people who are in TSU are fair game for polygraphs.

Comment

• That's another way of trying to knock people out of the process..."Poly".

Comment

• And a good way too because most people don't want deal with the results of a polygraph.

Comment

• Nothing wrong with culling out the "rotten" applicants...assuming that is indeed what the poly accomplishes.

James F. Tomsheck, who is in charge of internal affairs for Customs and Border Protection, said that about 60 percent of candidates failed the test and were turned away, including some who officials believed had ties to criminal organizations.
                      http://www.nytimes.com/2010/03/12/us/12border.html

Comment

• Check out S.3243 Anti-Border Corruption Act of 2010
                        Sponsor: Sen Pryor, Mark L. [AR] (introduced 4/21/2010) which will require all new applicants and current Customs and Border Protection EMPLOYEES
                        to undergo one each time the background is done, initial and recurring.

Note to self....buy stock in polygraph company.
                        Life is what happens while you are waiting for something better to come along.

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
                          Nothing wrong with culling out the "rotten" applicants...assuming that is indeed what the poly accomplishes.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/03/12/us/12border.html

Do you think they're gonna poly every new EOD from here on out, or just a few here and there?

Comment

• 1 year anniversary for me in TSU. Seems like it's happening every day now I'll have a cold one tonight to celebrate!

Comment

• Originally posted by ExRebel View Post
                              Do you think they're gonna poly every new EOD from here on out, or just a few here and there?
                              I don't know.

Figuring a 40% success rate and yearly hiring numbers(including CBPOs/BPAs/CBPASs) somewhere between 1500 and 7000, I've got to wonder if they have the resources, time and desire to poly 4000-20000 applicants...each and every year.

Comment

• The only problem with the poly is all it measures is a physical response. The reason for the response can be anything. If you just had your $40k widget stolen, you might hit positive for deception on a stealing question. If you haven't had any lovin' in a while, you might hit positive on a sex question. Neither would be disqualifying, but due to the positive hit you would be disqualified. If you're someone with an overactive guilt complex you might hit positive for taking a pen from work, but on the other hand if you don't have a guilt complex you might not hit positive even though you just stole a $40k widget. A good background INVESTIGATION works much better than relying on the poly to get the job done. With that said, a poly is a good place to start and can be used to find areas to dig harder during the BI. Since they are so unreliable, if no evidence is found to support the negative findings of a poly, then it should be treated no differently than any other unfounded negative information. Then the question becomes, "Are we in sensitive enough positions to really justify the added expense and intrusion?" I don't think we are.
                                But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object, evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new guards for their future security.

For the intelectually challenged: If the government screws the people enough, it is the right and responsibility of the people to revolt and form a new government.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6510 users online. 328 members and 6182 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X