Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I always thought it would make sense to start at the top of the list and offer a job to the person who had the longest time elapse since receiving their TO no matter which port they applied for. A form could be developed for those who don't want to move to fill out and they will only receive calls for the areas they want to work. A person would not be kicked off the list unless they refused a job offer for the areas they requested. I understand that would take more time for the MHC to go down the list, but I still like the idea. It won't ever happen though.
    But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object, evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new guards for their future security.

For the intelectually challenged: If the government screws the people enough, it is the right and responsibility of the people to revolt and form a new government.

Comment

• Originally posted by TX54 View Post
      thanks for the heads up, i knew i should have picked the sw border region, kickin myself for not doing it. I couldnt move at the time and now im wishing i would have picked it off the bat. Just may Be would have increased my chances....

I wish I had known how the process worked. I tested in April 2009 for the Los Angeles/Long Beach region. I should have asked my brother who is Border Patrol of where to apply. Just last week I got that email about the geographic location so I switched it to the San Ysidiro, Otay Mesa and Tecate region. I think its an easier shot there.

Comment

• Just got my new NOR for Pennsylvania. Eligibility was extended through 12/2010 as well
        ATF 1811 SA
        Applied - 10/13/09

CBPO (GEO - Philadelphia)
        Written Test - 5/11/09
        NOR (87) - 6/10/09

ICE IEA (GEO - Philadelphia)
        Written Test - 6/1/09
        NOR (88.9) - 6/22/09

ICE 1811 SA
        Written Test - 7/28/09
        Written - Passed - 8/10/09
        NOR (80.5 ugggh)

Comment

• If I hear anything else, I'll be sure to let you guys/gals know. I know it's hard and believe me, we need officers, at every port. The best thing you can do now is stay in shape, keep up with any updates that they may send you and, how should I put this, just go on with your life. (not to sound rude or anything, that's what I had to do LOL). I know it's easier said than done, but I think it's riduculous to be waiting so long. So many qualified and enthusiastic candidates here who need to be given a chance. I wish you all the best and hope to work alongside some of y'all someday. If you need any info just pm me and I'll do my best to respond.
          *****CBP Officer*****
          Hot South Texas

Comment

• CBP Officers at JFK made the arrest of the Pakistani-American suspect in the attempted Times Square bombing as he was trying to flee the country for Dubai.
            "He made the night a little brighter where ever he would go. The old lamplighter of long, long ago."

Comment

• Originally posted by Lamp Lighter View Post
              CBP Officers at JFK made the arrest of the Pakistani-American suspect in the attempted Times Square bombing as he was trying to flee the country for Dubai.
              Go team! Now gimmie a job.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lamp Lighter View Post
                CBP Officers at JFK made the arrest of the Pakistani-American suspect in the attempted Times Square bombing as he was trying to flee the country for Dubai.
                That's awsome to hear! Catch ALL those F'ers! lol

Comment

• I had talked to someone in HR about my status and they said that my medical and fitness was expired since October and that they wouldn't automatically update it because of the budget issues. A week after, I received an email to re-schedule my fitness/medical so I have an appointment for tomorrow. I don't wanna get my hopes up thinking that I might be close to EOD but what the hell, I've been waiting since 2007.

Comment

• Originally posted by Vulturesal View Post
                    I had talked to someone in HR about my status and they said that my medical and fitness was expired since October and that they wouldn't automatically update it because of the budget issues. A week after, I received an email to re-schedule my fitness/medical so I have an appointment for tomorrow. I don't wanna get my hopes up thinking that I might be close to EOD but what the hell, I've been waiting since 2007.
                    Sounds like something to me, I had heard that no physicals would be rescheduled until 1 months prior to EOD. Either youre EOD is coming up, or they've changed their minds.
                    CBPO
                    GEO - NY/JFK
                    TEST - 03/08 (NOR: 04/08)

TO - 01/09
                    PE Forms - Completed
                    Fitness - Completed
                    VBT - 03/09 - Completed
                    Drug Screen - Completed
                    Qual - 05/09 - Completed
                    B.I. - 05/09 - Completed
                    Medical - 05/09 - Completed
                    TSU

EOD: ???
                    FLETC: ???

Comment

• CUSTOMS AND BORDER PATROL??????

Watched the DOJ news conference on the JFK arrest today... I cannot believe that even our own DHS Secretary does not know what CBP stands for. I understand if the Attorney General makes the mistake, but Napolitano???? Who puts these morons into office????? Oh, stupid question... we all know who. Shame on all those high level LEA directors who cannot learn that CBP stands for Customs and Border PROTECTION....
                      Last edited by matyoka; 05-04-2010, 04:30 PM.
                      sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by matyoka View Post
                        CUSTOMS AND BORDER PATROL??????

Watched the DOJ news conference on the JFK arrest today... I cannot believe that even our own DHS Secretary does not know what CBP stands for. I understand if the Attorney General makes the mistake, but Napolitano???? Who puts these morons into office????? Oh, stupid question... we all know who. Shame on all those high level LEA directors who cannot learn that CBP stands for Customs and Border PROTECTION....
                        Haha

Comment

• Anyone To Help With Some Info!

Hey everyone, need some help here. And ill try not to make is as short as I can. I passed my test for CBP Officer about two years ago. Scores got pulled, background was good. My background investigator said I had no problems. I was involved in a on-duty car crash before this process started, with a minor back injury and missed half a day of work. Well I sent them a resume saying I was in good standing from my Chief and was able to perform all duties of law enforcement without a flaw. Well weeks went by and CBP said they never recieved my letter. It was sent for sure, but im not gonna tell them any different.

I got kicked from the process and resubmitted my scores. They extended my scores until December 2010 due to economic conditions. Good sign?? Anyone know what to expect next. I applied for the Michigan sector. Really bumed and discouraged. Thanks for any help.....

Comment

• Originally posted by matyoka View Post
                            CUSTOMS AND BORDER PATROL??????

Maybe there's something to those 'change' rumors floating around. Maybe, just maybe JN let something slip.

Comment

• Since we're giving due credit to JFK and their interception of the NYC bomber...I think a "shout-out" to all of us doing noteworthy work in the past week is in order.

Here's the weekly blotter...

http://www.cbp.gov/xp/cgov/border_se...eekly_blotter/

Significant OFO seizures, interceptions, and apprehensions throughout the previous week.

OFO Weekly Blotter: April 19-23

(04/28/2010)April 19, 2010

San Diego F/O
                              CBP Officers within the San Diego Port of Entry needed to use deadly force against a port runner who used his vehicle as a weapon.

April 20, 2010

Laredo F/O
                              A Brownsville woman remains in federal custody following her arrest on charges of bribery and alien smuggling.

Houston F/O
                              Two Houston men are behind bars after they tried to hide almost five pounds of cocaine in their shoes.

San Diego F/O
                              CBP officers in the Imperial Valley seized over $1 million worth of narcotics over the weekend.

Laredo F/O
                              CBP officers stationed at the B&M International Bridge seized 12 packages containing 18 pounds of cocaine and 12.6 pounds of heroin concealed within a grey 2008 Volkswagen Crossfox.

April 21, 2010

Tucson F/O
                              CBP officers halted the export of ammunition through the Douglas Port of Entry; officers discovered and seized 25 boxes (1,000 rounds) of 30- caliber ammunition along with 20 magazines designed to hold 9 mm rounds.

April 22, 2010

Laredo F/O
                              CBP officers netted more than 31 pounds of methamphetamine at the Pharr-Reynosa International Bridge.

Baltimore F/O
                              CBP officers stationed within Washington-Dulles International Airport intercept an El Salvadoran citizen posing as a U.S. citizen. The subject obtained a U.S. passport by fraud.

Chicago F/O
                              CBP officers, stationed at the UPS Express Consignment Operation in Louisville, Kentucky, have collectively seized over 117 pounds of marijuana.

Laredo F/O
                              CBP officers arrested a man and a woman who attempted to smuggle almost $490,000 in cocaine at Gateway International Bridge.

San Diego F/O
                              A Fresno man wanted in connection with the March 8 shooting death of Antonio Lopez Jr., 18, of Fresno was arrested by CBP officers at the San Ysidro border crossing.

April 23, 2010

Laredo F/O
                              CBP officers caught two alleged impostors trying to cross into the United States. The two separate instances happened at the Hidalgo/Reynosa International Bridge within the last week.

Los Angeles F/O
                              More than $18.6 million worth of fake designer sunglasses have been seized in the past month by agents at the Los Angeles and Long Beach ports.

Laredo F/O
                              A Mexican man is behind bars in the Rio Grande Valley after he tried to smuggle more than $704,000 dollars worth of cocaine into the United States.

Comment

• Originally posted by TuffStuffCBP View Post
                                Sounds like something to me, I had heard that no physicals would be rescheduled until 1 months prior to EOD. Either youre EOD is coming up, or they've changed their minds.
                                Hopefully it's the first part and not the part where they changed their minds. I was told that it had to get done before May 10th. (crossing fingers)

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 19528 users online. 382 members and 19146 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X