Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CASS still has me pending in background, despite getting through this 1yr ago. I sent that form in for my credit check a month or two ago, watched as they pulled me from TSU temporarily, and am patiently waiting to hop back in line.

tomorrow I'll send them an email asking what's up.

Comment

• Originally posted by SlickWillie View Post
      Ding ding ding- we have a winner! Pitiful but probably true.
      IF that's part of the motivation, I doubt there's anything sinister about it.

No doubt there's plenty of people in TSU at the moment that currently have no interest in taking a job as a CBPO...for whatever reason(s). Culling those people out the process before job offers get tendered only makes sense...and is to the benefit to you guys actually looking to get hired.

You all don't want to sit around awaiting a call because a large percentage of the hiring calls going out are either outright job refusals or calls to people who never bother to respond back to CBP in a timely fashion, do you?

Comment

• Originally posted by SlickWillie View Post
        Ding ding ding- we have a winner! Pitiful but probably true.
        Culling is the process of removing animals from a group based on specific criteria. This is done in order to either reinforce certain desirable characteristics or to remove certain undesirable characteristics from the group. For livestock and wildlife, the process of culling usually implies the killing of animals with undesirable characteristics.

Via Wikipedia (So It's Gotta Be True)
        Le gra'sta De' a Theim.
        Galic: By The Grace Of God Go I.

Comment

• Now...now. Don't go reading things into "culling" that aren't there.

I grew up on a farm.

You can cull potatoes, eggs, apples, whatever. Basically you remove that produce that is either blemished, too large, too small, oddly shaped, etc.
          In this case, I'm referring to those people in the process who, for whatever reason(s), no longer should be considered.

As far as the original point goes, I'm not leaning into the idea that this is a backdoor approach to culling out anyone. From what I see, it is what it is, an attempt to clarify and isolate geographical preferences.

Which is probably good for all involved. Tighter geo. preferences mean less chance of being forced to consider an offer from all the way across the state/locality area. It's not the best scenario for somebody looking for a Philadelphia offer to get a "take it or leave it" call for Erie, PA. On the flip side, if someone is looking for an Erie call, and it gets taken by someone from Philly who figures it's his only shot, the Erie guy isn't going to be all that happy over that turn of events either.

Comment

• Immigration reform

Immigration is a hot topic now and that only means good things for us since we want to work on the border

Democratic Draft of Immigration Bill Emphasizes Border Security

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?p...d=a0cdLIv1smjQ
            CBPO
            TSU 8/7/09 Washington Northern Border
            T.O. 3/31/09
            S7

FAM
            Applied: 2/5/10
            paperwork: 3/27/10
            CO: Waiting

Comment

• Originally posted by Hieroglyph83 View Post

It can emphasize anything it wants, but that doesn't mean management will encourage us to do anything, or make it easy to do anything for that matter. Management's interference with us doing our jobs has been a constant complaint throughout DHS for a long time.
              Last edited by kc12; 04-29-2010, 06:15 AM.
              But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object, evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new guards for their future security.

For the intelectually challenged: If the government screws the people enough, it is the right and responsibility of the people to revolt and form a new government.

Comment

• Although, If you're just looking to get hired and nothing beyond that, a bill like that might be a good thing. I could easily see Schumer, Reid, and a bunch of others pushing for new hires, new equipment, and the like for CBP and then fully expecting us all to collect GS-12 pay while "greeting" nearly everyone into the US.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hieroglyph83 View Post
                  Immigration is a hot topic now and that only means good things for us since we want to work on the border

I like all the political talk. For instance Napolitano said yesterday that "the border in Arizona is more secure today than it has ever been."

My boss ask me if I have finished that project yet and I answer "Well boss, the project is more finished today then it was at any other point since you asked me to do it." My boss is going to say "Get your a** out of here and finish that project!"
                  CBPO East Texas
                  TO: 3/3/09
                  Pre-Emp Forms: 3/26/09
                  Fitness: 4/6/09 -Passed
                  Medical: 4/6/09 -Passed
                  VBT: 4/7/09 -Passed
                  Quals: (GS-7) 4/10/09 -Verified
                  Drug Test: 4/17/09 -Passed
                  BI: 8/27/09 -Cleared
                  TSU: 8/27/09
                  FCRA: 05/19/10
                  BI Update: 6/16/10

Comment

• Originally posted by davidB. View Post
                    CASS still has me pending in background, despite getting through this 1yr ago. I sent that form in for my credit check a month or two ago, watched as they pulled me from TSU temporarily, and am patiently waiting to hop back in line.

tomorrow I'll send them an email asking what's up.
                    Same thing here. I have good credit, so I'm thinking they're not in a big rush to get them done. Hopefully that's all it is.
                    Geo: Illinois
                    Test Score: 94
                    Quals: GS-7
                    T.O.: 8/7/2007
                    Referred to Schedule EOD

"Theirs not to make reply, Theirs not to reason why, Theirs but to do and die"

Comment

• Hey to let you all know, there is hiring going on. Im at FLETC now for UPTP and there are at least 3 classes going on one started today for CBP so yea ther are hiring

Comment

• "The email you are referring to was only sent to those applicants not
                        selected for the position yet."

This is MHC's response to the question that I had posted earlier about the "new location" email.
                        CBPO
                        GEO - NY/JFK
                        TEST - 03/08 (NOR: 04/08)

TO - 01/09
                        PE Forms - Completed
                        Fitness - Completed
                        VBT - 03/09 - Completed
                        Drug Screen - Completed
                        Qual - 05/09 - Completed
                        B.I. - 05/09 - Completed
                        Medical - 05/09 - Completed
                        TSU

EOD: ???
                        FLETC: ???

Comment

• CASS still has me pending in background, despite getting through this 1yr ago. I sent that form in for my credit check a month or two ago, watched as they pulled me from TSU temporarily, and am patiently waiting to hop back in line.
                          Same here brother.... Hopefully we'll have our place back soon

Comment

• For you guys waiting, we just got 8 new recruits in pre-academy here in Laredo. I don't know the specifics (EOD date, TSU date or when they leave to FLETC). What I overheard from some of the training staff was that there are only between 15-25 classes left for the rest of the fiscal year. This was addressed yesterday when the commish visited Laredo. Hope this helps ya'll out a bit.
                            Last edited by genolrd; 04-30-2010, 05:37 PM. Reason: left out info
                            *****CBP Officer*****
                            Hot South Texas

Comment

• I do see the benefit to culling now that you put it that way. I guess I just had a quick flash to me not finding something in a spam folder within the response window they allowed. My luck would be finding it at 515pm on the day it was due at five! No, assuming all the ppl who still want the job reply- it's all good with me.
                              Expect nothing but conjecture, tall tales, partially true war stories, speculation and biased, irrelevant information- but it's all FREE for a limited time!

Comment

• Originally posted by genolrd View Post
                                For you guys waiting, we just got 8 new recruits in pre-academy here in Laredo. I don't know the specifics (EOD date, TSU date or when they leave to FLETC). What I overheard from some of the training staff was that there are only between 15-25 classes left for the rest of the fiscal year. This was addressed yesterday when the commish visited Laredo. Hope this helps ya'll out a bit.
                                thanks for the heads up, i knew i should have picked the sw border region, kickin myself for not doing it. I couldnt move at the time and now im wishing i would have picked it off the bat. Just may Be would have increased my chances....
                                TSU since 07/10/2009

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6465 users online. 252 members and 6213 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X