300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Rshen11 View Post
    I Tested in 08 havent gotten it yet either.. Weird. Im sure they are goign to extend mine too.
    I thought the test is good for 3 years...
    I copied this directly from cbp.gov FAQ section:

"1. If I have already taken the test, do I have to take it again?

It depends. If you passed the test, your score is good for one year after which time you may extend your test score. If you failed the test, you are disqualified from retaking the test for 1 year and the announcement must be open for registration. If a new test is developed, everyone must retest in order to remain on the inventory."

Notice it doesn't tell you how to go about getting your score extended. Hopefully it is an automatic thing.

With that being said, I have not yet been selected for TSU, and my test is now almost 2 years old. I have received no e-mails about my test scores. Take that for what it's worth though. For all I know, I could be living everyone's worst nightmare and my file is collecting dust between a wall and desk somewhere.

Comment

• I sent that Delphi post regarding the proposed changes to CBP to a friend of mine at HQ. I wanted to see if there was any truth to it. He had this to say:

"I really can't speak about the operational stuff. Working in Budget, I do know that the Journeyman promotion (12 Upgrade) is causing (will cause) significant strain on OFO and really the entire agency. Napolitano is still adamant about putting it into effect, and I've heard that the've delayed it until August/September period.

The problem is that OFO gets a lot of $$$ from user fees at the ports, but those dropped so much due to the recession, and now they will have a hard time putting it into effect. The other offices are ****ed off about having to fund OFO's shortfall, which management is considering.

The part about Co-locating OFO and OBP facilities is real..theyve been doing that for a while now. And the part about the 20 60 90 120 day initiatives is real and our office was pulled into that. But that involved stuff like consolidating magazine subscriptions..saving 3 million. But then again, DHS' appropriation is under 3% of the federal budget.

This definitely was posted by someone who knows what hes talking about. Funny, I know that VF solutions provides Uniforms because that contract came my way the other day.....

A lot of people at HQ do not deserve to be in their current position. Most of them are GS 14-15 non-supervisors, which is unheard of in the field. Some even lack a basic command of the English language...."
      "He made the night a little brighter where ever he would go. The old lamplighter of long, long ago."

Comment

• Hey Lamp,
        I know you're with me on this one... I just want the JOB!!!!...and don't really care about all these changes, since things keep changing and it is inevitable!
        I just want a call offering me an EOD!!!...
        CBPO
        Written: 08/29/2007
        EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by yoda View Post
          Hey Lamp,
          I know you're with me on this one... I just want the JOB!!!!...and don't really care about all these changes, since things keep changing and it is inevitable!
          I just want a call offering me an EOD!!!...
          Im suprised youre still here Yoda and not upset hehe.. I think you hold the current record for longest wait. I still cant believe how long they expect us to wait its laughable by any standard.

Comment

• Originally posted by colinm112 View Post
            Im suprised youre still here Yoda and not upset hehe.. I think you hold the current record for longest wait. I still cant believe how long they expect us to wait its laughable by any standard.
            I filed a casework with my congressman about my BI, so far all OPM has done is re-issue my sf-86 to update my information... I received a letter from my congressman telling me that they had received information about my case, and all it was... A letter from OPM stating that they had sent me a request to fill out the forms to update my information and that they would keep him informed of my progress!...

Pretty much what they had done previously a few times... I guess we'll see, but yes my case is beyond ridiculous at this point.
            CBPO

Comment

• Originally posted by yoda View Post
              I filed a casework with my congressman about my BI, so far all OPM has done is re-issue my sf-86 to update my information... I received a letter from my congressman telling me that they had received information about my case, and all it was... A letter from OPM stating that they had sent me a request to fill out the forms to update my information and that they would keep him informed of my progress!...

Pretty much what they had done previously a few times... I guess we'll see, but yes my case is beyond ridiculous at this point.
              IMO many of us are. You especially, however.

Comment

• I got the same email that's been mentioned a few times. Tested early 2009.
                BPA EOD - 09/06/10

Comment

• Originally posted by colinm112 View Post

It is worth repeating that prior to the past 3 to 4 years of mass hiring’s the average wait from test to EOD was one to three years. That was the normal time line. You are seeing the pendulum swing back due to budget issues.

FB

Comment

• I believe I teasted in the Spring of 2008 and never heard anything other except that I passed. I did get the extension email like some on here did and have gotten emails in the past telling me my score. Should I contact someone as to why I haven't done anything else in the process?

Comment

• Originally posted by Cman21 View Post
                      I believe I teasted in the Spring of 2008 and never heard anything other except that I passed. I did get the extension email like some on here did and have gotten emails in the past telling me my score. Should I contact someone as to why I haven't done anything else in the process?
                      Well,
                      Tentative Offers are sent out according to your Score on the test and available slots... if there were very few slots for your geo preference those slots probably went to those that scored higher than you. The same thing happens when new announcements come, people who score higher than you will be picked first, it's just how the ball rolls for TO's... after that it should all go smoothly, but with all the changes in the process as of late you never know.

I know that in the past people tested and waited up to 3 years to get a TO, but once they got it they were processed super quick and went on to EOD in a matter of months. Then by the time I applied they were in the hiring rush, processing people anywhere from 3-6 months from testing to EOD...
                      It's always changing so we'll have to see what happens!
                      CBPO

Comment

• I hear you Yoda. I'm at the point where I have stopped stressing out and just figuree it will happen when it happens. I'm also trying to focus some energy on SSUD. I'm making some real headway with them. I got my vision fixed just so I could continue on in their process.
                        Last edited by Lamp Lighter; 04-13-2010, 08:42 PM.
                        "He made the night a little brighter where ever he would go. The old lamplighter of long, long ago."

Comment

• How belligerent is it for them to treat anyone like this? We're unpaid assets not unlike IRR in the military.
                          Expect nothing but conjecture, tall tales, partially true war stories, speculation and biased, irrelevant information- but it's all FREE for a limited time!

Comment

• From an email I got yesterday regarding my FCRA renewal:

WHAT CAN I EXPECT NEXT?
                            Again, we want to emphasize that this is only a conditional offer of employment and you should not end your current employment based on this letter. This conditional offer is based on a projection of hiring needs, the existence of a vacant funded position, the absence of any hiring restrictions, and any other controlling factors. The status of the entry level hiring for the CBPO has changed due to the current economic climate. We have an extremely low attrition rate for the CBPO position and will only be filling a limited number of vacancies in 2010. We expect this trend to continue through 2011.

Doesn't sound good.
                            CBPO
                            Written 08/08
                            TO 02/09
                            TSU 06/09
                            BI Expired 04/10
                            Polygraph 06/10--Passed
                            Met with 2nd BI--07/10
                            TSU 08/10

CBP BPA
                            Written 08/10
                            TO 09/10
                            TSU 11/10
                            THE CALL: 03/02/2011
                            FLETC: 04/04/2011--06/20/2011

Comment

Last edited by waitingny; 11-21-2011, 10:53 AM. Reason: deleted

Comment

• Okay really, guys. Just a piece of advice on staying on the sane side throughout this process: don't rely too heavily on a job you still don't have. I know the waiting's killing most of you...hell, it's dragging me along as well. But the most we can do at this point is just go about our lives normally and slip the tsu waiting list formulas to the back of our minds for now. We're bound to run deeper down the loopy road if we continue searching for an explanation on what they rely on to make the call.

Think about it this way: there are many more out there waiting for a TO. They would jump at the opportunity of gaining your spot in TSU. You've come this far, why not wait it out?

Sit back, relax and enjoy the ride. It'll be well worth it in the end, as far as it may seem now.

Just my two cents... best of luck to you
                                "Veni, vidi, vici."

CBPO
                                TEST - 03/02/09
                                NOR - 03/05/09 (95%)
                                TO - 04/06/09
                                FORMS - 04/21/09
                                MED/FIT - 04/29/09
                                DRUG TEST - 05/05/09
                                QUALS - 05/12/09 (GS-5)
                                VBT - 05/21/09 passed 06/12/09
                                BI - Met 06/24/09 cleared 08/14/09
                                TSU - 08/14/09
                                The "Call" - 01/14/11
                                EOD - 02/07/11
                                FLETC - 02/23/11 - 06/28/11

BPA
                                TEST - 12/13/10
                                NOR - 12/20/10 (93%)

"Find something you would be willing to die for and live for that."

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 16454 users online. 455 members and 15999 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X