X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bebo, tested november 2007 almost 3 years ago. congratulations

Comment

• Originally posted by SlickWillie View Post
      What are some ideas on why they wouldn't let people change easily from geographic preference to a "first available" or " nationwide put me wherever asap" without repeating the entire process- at the government's expense, of course. I for one, bet I'm not alone, would go ANYWHERE to get this show on the road. Anybody?
      In the days of yore, "anywhere" was one of the geographical options available. I imagine it was taken away because far too many people were going into places like Skid Row or Whitlash, MT and leaving after mere days or weeks after failing to adjust to what can be a hugely different environment than that to which some people are used to.

As a historical note, that's more or less the main reasoning behind pre-academy as well. In the old days, people pretty much left from home, went to the academy and then reported to their port. That meant that people were showing up in places like Alcan, AK and Pittsburgh, NH without having a clue as to what they were getting into. Many people quit soon after graduating. The standard 4-week pre-academy came about more or less to save money by giving people an early taste of port life and handing a chance to the "quitters to quit" before spending tons of money training them.

Comment

• Congrats, Bebo. Keep us informed on your training.
        "He made the night a little brighter where ever he would go. The old lamplighter of long, long ago."

Comment

• That's an interesting theory and makes sense. Still, right this minute, if I was offered an "anywhere that's vacant" option and they'd agree to give me three choices, I'd make one work. I'm actually at the point of realizing that once this job starts, with nationwide policies, etc, it's going to be the same gig regardless of where you go.

Also, I have a friend with another agency who is cashing in on 45-60 day trips to places like iraq and afganistan- does CPB have that as an option?
          Expect nothing but conjecture, tall tales, partially true war stories, speculation and biased, irrelevant information- but it's all FREE for a limited time!

Comment

• Originally posted by SlickWillie View Post
            Also, I have a friend with another agency who is cashing in on 45-60 day trips to places like iraq and afganistan- does CPB have that as an option?
            I am also curious about this. I would kill (no pun intended) for a TDY in Iraq or Afghanistan. Do many guys get to do it?
            Last edited by Lamp Lighter; 04-11-2010, 09:05 PM.
            "He made the night a little brighter where ever he would go. The old lamplighter of long, long ago."

Comment

• TDY to Iraq and Afganistan are available for Journeyman with extensive backgrounds in military assistance operations or training. Don't expect one till you have been in for several years unless you speak an unusual language that is needed for the training mission.
              Life is what happens while you are waiting for something better to come along.

Comment

• Pittsburg, NH

Merlin,
                You brought back some bad memories with a mention of Pittsburg. I was there on a "voluntary" TDY a few years back and it was not fun. The E Coli water, leaving my lunch in the car overnight and having to spend the entire shift thawing it, the snow, the moose, and the French Canadians. The perfect storm of over the top BS. For all the bad, it was still entertaining.

Comment

• Posted from Delphi.....pretty intersting stuff....

First and last time poster here and by the looks of the "one CBP" thread the news may be out allready.

Change? You wanted change right, well here it comes. Look for these changes to come soon, some this year and some next. There will be 30, 60, 90, and 120 day initiative time frames in which to accomplish these changes (taskings). Keep in mind that most of these changes are to justify a 12 upgrade.

1. Expect a change in the CBP name, something like "Customs and Border Patrol" or something similar.

2. Expect a change in everyone’s title. BPA's will be no more and CBPO's will be no more. Expect a unified singular title of "CBPA"/"BPO" or something similar.

3. All SRT's, OFO and BP will be unified under the BP's Tactical unit model.

4. All BP and POE LEO's will have one uniform type and color. Gray and desert tan (AMO) is being looked at, BP is pushing for green. All uniform types will be consolidated in VF Solutions.

5. All POE's will go to the BP Sector model, and yes they will be completely unified Sectors.

6. Unified training (DT, Firearms, and management training) eventually leading to one academy. Artesia is a very real possibility for a unified academy location.

7. Unified musters, BPA's working POE overtime and CBPO's working BP AUO is coming down the pike. This will lead to lateral permanent movement, reassignment and transfers between POE's and BP stations. COPRA OT will only be paid at the POEs and AUO for patrol OT. It will be either “95 or 96” overtime.

8. New POE's built from now on will be unified with BP stations in order to increase utility. Permanent outbounds and BP repatriation at POEs will be facilitated.

9. Look for a new unified seal for both agencies. Something like a modified BP seal with "Customs" added to it in gold lettering and blue background.

10. Look for a unified rank structure with new and unified rank insignia. A BP management position will be consolidated at the 12 or 13 level.

11. Look for PD's and PAIC's to be completely interchangeable and one unified authority at the sector and local level.

12. Look for a redistribution of fleet vehicles between CBP and BP.

13. Cross training will include CBP training BP on checkpoint operations and BP training CBP on patrol operations.

14. Look for the CBPOE position to go away.

15. Look for increased participation by the unified agency on OA taskforces. Investigative type details will be no more, but look for a big increase in "intel" type details.

16. Many BP traditional duties and details will be realigned, consolidated, reorganized, or eliminated in order to increase accountability.

17. No more TOT on POE initiated pursuits.

18. OI and DRO will also go through some change in the near future, how that will affect the new CBP? Unsure as to how right now.

19. CBP/ICE will have a completely consolidated radio communication system. SECTOR model is likely and probable.

20. One union for the new unified CBP.

21. Mandatory reassignment and rotation policy to the southern border similar to what BP has now.

Hold on tight folks the latter part of this year and next year are going to be interesting. All the small battles have been won and lost and the war has been won depending on which side your on.

Comment

• Whoever posted that on Delphi is an unknown entity and has already met with skepticism from the guys in the know.

That being said, bring that all on, sounds good to me.

Comment

• bringing more of a BP attitude to a POE is always a welcome thing for most of the cbpo's i know...

Comment

• I think those changes would definitely be a step in the right direction. I will be interested to see how it all pans out. It will give me some faith that Napolitano isn't as incompetent as I thought.

Comment

• They can change it all they want as long as I get the job!!!....
                          CBPO
                          Written: 08/29/2007
                          EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• That's interesting. I don't think we will see it anytime soon though. Many of those items would have to have changes made in law. The portions that would be a policy change would have to pass the unions review or face lawsuits.
                            But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object, evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new guards for their future security.

For the intelectually challenged: If the government screws the people enough, it is the right and responsibility of the people to revolt and form a new government.

Comment

• Originally posted by kc12 View Post
                              That's interesting. I don't think we will see it anytime soon though. Many of those items would have to have changes made in law. The portions that would be a policy change would have to pass the unions review or face lawsuits.
                              Agreed. Those changes can't be made overnight. Those wouldn't be bad changes, but its gonna take some time to implement. This is a huge agency. That's alot of uniforms to change and alot of people to train. But I will say that this 1 DHS theme makes me think we will see some if not all of these changes down the road. I think it will be a hard sale to get BP out of the green uniforms. That's alot of pride and tradition right there. As far as SRT goes, they have already started implementing Bortac standards, Our deputy comish is BP and the director of Field ops academy is BP. So yeah changes are already being made.
                              Last edited by qixfeet; 04-12-2010, 02:57 PM.
                              Don't tase me bro!!

Comment

• questions

what happens when your written expires?

So, there is no PFT-2 testing in california?

Bummer

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12190 users online. 411 members and 11779 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X