Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• an entire day without a post? i had to bring it back to the top. this has become a bit sad.

merlin. bring us some good news.

Comment

• Just had to torture myself a little more and watch a couple of episodes of Border Wars on DVR.
      CBPO East Texas
      TO: 3/3/09
      Pre-Emp Forms: 3/26/09
      Fitness: 4/6/09 -Passed
      Medical: 4/6/09 -Passed
      VBT: 4/7/09 -Passed
      Quals: (GS-7) 4/10/09 -Verified
      Drug Test: 4/17/09 -Passed
      BI: 8/27/09 -Cleared
      TSU: 8/27/09
      FCRA: 05/19/10
      BI Update: 6/16/10

Comment

• Originally posted by ford123 View Post
        Is a Yuma Man, like a Yeti?

Just sayin..
        HAHA! I found that funny!

Comment

• Just got a credit alert. US Customs pulled my credit report. Only for the third time...
          Geo: Illinois
          Test Score: 94
          Quals: GS-7
          T.O.: 8/7/2007
          Referred to Schedule EOD

"Theirs not to make reply, Theirs not to reason why, Theirs but to do and die"

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyHoyle View Post
            Just got a credit alert. US Customs pulled my credit report. Only for the third time...
            BillyHoyle,

Yeah mine was re-checked March 26th, I hope they got a sense of humor.

T-
            Le gra'sta De' a Theim.
            Galic: By The Grace Of God Go I.

Comment

• Originally posted by ZODIAC76 View Post
              HAHA! I found that funny!
              I try,,,I do what I can.

Comment

• Got a certified letter from MHC stating that I have marks on credit report that are questionable, and I have to write a letter explaining the marks.
                But the thing is the credit card that is in collections is not mine, I am just an authorized user (my father's card). Other than that i have ZERO DEBT.

He lost his job so he obviously could not afford to pay the debt and it defaulted with my name along with it.

Had to dispute the mark with all 3 credit agencies including the FTC (equifax, experian, trans union)

Anyone have a similar situation that could offer any advice/help with my dispute letter to show that I am STILL suitable for the position?
                Any help would be very much appreciated.

Comment

• Originally posted by bhov97 View Post
                  Got a certified letter from MHC stating that I have marks on credit report that are questionable, and I have to write a letter explaining the marks.
                  But the thing is the credit card that is in collections is not mine, I am just an authorized user (my father's card). Other than that i have ZERO DEBT.

He lost his job so he obviously could not afford to pay the debt and it defaulted with my name along with it.

Had to dispute the mark with all 3 credit agencies including the FTC (equifax, experian, trans union)

Anyone have a similar situation that could offer any advice/help with my dispute letter to show that I am STILL suitable for the position?

First thing, have your Dad take you off the card as an authorized user. Provided that you are not a co-signer that should not be hard to do. Explain that it is not your card, and that you have reported it to the credit agencies to dispute the issue. Be ready to show proof that it is not your debt. The longer something goes unresolved the worse it looks in your background, that is one reason you were suitable, but now appear to not be.
                  Life is what happens while you are waiting for something better to come along.

Comment

• Originally posted by bhov97 View Post
                    Got a certified letter from MHC stating that I have marks on credit report that are questionable, and I have to write a letter explaining the marks.

First....Relax. You will be fine.

Get as much paper evidence you can find. Make copies. Write down everything, with explanations to any and every point that they had made. Put it together in a proffesional well typed response.

And that is it. You will be back in the game after that.

Comment

• Buried in this thread at some point there are a few NOPA response templates that I pulled from the BP board on Delphi. They would probably be a good starting block for how/what a decent, appropiate response might look like.

Comment

• Thanks fellas! See this is how the forum should be, not arguing over misinterpretations of the law LOL

Comment

• Hope this helps. Good luck.

http://www.honorfirst.com/NOPA.doc

Comment

• Originally posted by imlikeaninja View Post
                            Hope this helps. Good luck.

http://www.honorfirst.com/NOPA.doc

thanks, just wanted to break 100 posts LOL

Comment

• Whew! We almost made it to Page 2. You're welcome...

One thing that was nice about HTJ/Escape being here was that the thread was easier to find.

Comment

• Don't worry. He'll be back.
                                Don't tase me bro!!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 18367 users online. 472 members and 17895 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X