300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
    The "hate crew" comment was added for the benefit of the peanut gallery "trolls" that show up ever so often and do little but bash(fairly or not) the CBPO position.

I wasn't suggesting it was a bad question, only a complicated one. It's like comparing canines and felines. When you start to think of the differences between a chihuahua and a wolf; between a house-cat and a lion, it's easy to see where you're not going to get an easy, simple answers that fit in all or most comparisons.
    If you do a little searching you'll see the hate crew has been removed from o.com. I had a little talk with the web master and poof, no more escape. We'll see about the other names.

Comment

• Best news since I got the call...

Kudo's Robeans. I award you the "member of the month for March 2010".
      Originally posted by robeans View Post
      If you do a little searching you'll see the hate crew has been removed from o.com. I had a little talk with the web master and poof, no more escape. We'll see about the other names.

Comment

• Ares: A Defense Technology Blog

Mexican Gangs Infiltrating U.S. Border Police?
        Posted by Paul McLeary at 3/25/2010 12:00 PM CDT

It should come as no surprise that the spiraling narcogang-related violence in Mexico is spurring business for companies providing protection from the chaos of the streets. The Homeland Security Newswire reports this morning that for one company, sales for their armored vehicles are up a whopping 300 percent over the past 18 months.

Mark Burton, CEO of International Armoring Corp. told HSW that most customers live in El Paso, Texas, but have business dealings across the border in Juárez, Mexico—which has been dubbed the “murder capital of the world” after having seen 2,600 murders in 2009 with another 227 assassinations related to organized crime in January of this year alone.
        The vehicles, which cost about $72,000 on average to convert—a price that doesn’t include the cost of the vehicle—have their entire passenger compartment lined with armor, and have their glass replaced with two-inch ballistic armored windows to protect against attacks from handguns and weapons like AK-47s and AR-15s.

The border region has become so chaotic that U.S. border officials have been warned that the Mexican gang suspected of killing three people linked to the U.S. consulate in Juárez last week may be planning further strikes against U.S. officers, and the El Paso Intelligence Center has advised law enforcement officials along the border “to wear their protective vests and alert their own family members to the threat.”

What’s more, a few weeks ago, a Mexican Navy helicopter crossed the border while chasing suspects, and was seen hovering over a neighborhood in Brownsville, Tx., according to local reports. Zapata County, Tx. Sheriff Sigifredo Gonzalez told the San Antonio Express News that “It's always been said that the Mexican military does in fact ... that there have been incursions…. But this is not New Mexico or Arizona. Here we've got a river; there's a boundary line. And then of course having Falcon Lake, Falcon Dam, it's a lot wider. It's not just a trickle of a river, it's an actual dam. You know where the boundary's at.”

The incursion happened during vicious fighting between two Mexican drug gangs, the Gulf Cartel and Los Zetas, a conflict that is spilling over the border. To make matters worse, Mexican gangs are reportedly actively trying to infiltrate the U.S. Customs and Border Patrol, and as a result, 576 CBP officers and Border Patrol agents had corruption cases opened against them last year. The Express also reported that “in the past two years, there have been 400 public corruption cases involving federal, state and local law enforcement agents originating from the Southwest border region.”

The story of the national security threat along the southern border of the United States hasn’t received a ton of front-page press until recently, but from the looks of things, this might only be the beginning.
        CBPO East Texas
        TO: 3/3/09
        Pre-Emp Forms: 3/26/09
        Fitness: 4/6/09 -Passed
        Medical: 4/6/09 -Passed
        VBT: 4/7/09 -Passed
        Quals: (GS-7) 4/10/09 -Verified
        Drug Test: 4/17/09 -Passed
        BI: 8/27/09 -Cleared
        TSU: 8/27/09
        FCRA: 05/19/10
        BI Update: 6/16/10

Comment

• Originally posted by robeans View Post
          +1 THANK YOU SIR!!!! Time for some positive talk now!!!

Comment

• Zodiac76,

I thought it was your power of prayer.
            Le gra'sta De' a Theim.
            Galic: By The Grace Of God Go I.

Comment

HTJ was banned after his last tirade & Dajob was banned a while back. Same guy for those of you just tuning in.

Never fear though I'm certain he's still lurking around and its only a matter of time till someone posts somthing that will infuriate him enough to reveal himself.
              Last edited by imlikeaninja; 03-31-2010, 09:05 AM.

Comment

• michigan

has any one from mich rec a call yet? i have a to from 5/08 and still waiting !!!! any guess when they will get around to mich for hiring?
                Last edited by HPPD#48; 03-30-2010, 04:06 PM.

Comment

• Well, the new Comish is in place. I'm interested to see what he brings to the agency.
                  Don't tase me bro!!

Comment

• Originally posted by qixfeet View Post
                    Well, the new Comish is in place. I'm interested to see what he brings to the agency.
                    Mass layoffs and the end of times would be a funny and fitting answer to that.
                    CBPO
                    GEO - NY/JFK
                    TEST - 03/08 (NOR: 04/08)

TO - 01/09
                    PE Forms - Completed
                    Fitness - Completed
                    VBT - 03/09 - Completed
                    Drug Screen - Completed
                    Qual - 05/09 - Completed
                    B.I. - 05/09 - Completed
                    Medical - 05/09 - Completed
                    TSU

EOD: ???
                    FLETC: ???

Comment

Haha and here I was all along thinking the ignore button was really working!!!
                      TO-6/16/08
                      TSU-E.TX 12/01/08

Comment

Really???

That's too bad...in a weird sort of way. I actually enjoyed Escape/Da/Hunt...at least during that 5% of the time the man was playing things fairly. I bet the guy would have had a fair amount to offer, to include the less desirable aspects of the job, if only he had been interested in open and honest discussion.

Comment

• Originally posted by HPPD#48 View Post
                          has any one from mich rec a call yet? i have a to from 5/08 and still waiting !!!! any guess when they will get around to mich for hiring?
                          I don't think anybody has been called from MI, at least that's what I'm hoping. I have a 5/08 TO date as well and I went into TSU in 4/09 and roughly around that time, it was known that they were only filling out a few spots for the Soo. I talked to the guy who allegedly took the last spot and he went into TSU just a few days before me.

There was a hiring boom for the other MI ports at the end of 08. We just missed that boat. You would think that we are pretty darn close, if not at the top of the list if and when they start making calls again. Maybe with having a commish in place, we will start to see a little more action.....

I doubt it though.
                          Written Test: 3/08
                          NOR: 4/08
                          TO: 4/08
                          Medical: 4/08
                          Fitness: 6/08
                          VBT: 6/08
                          Met with investigator: 10/08
                          Received NOPA: 11/08
                          Won appeal: 3/09
                          TSU: 4/23/09 (Michigan) pulled in May for fitness
                          New fitness: 7/28/09
                          Back in TSU: 8/3/09

Comment

• I just contacted HQ for second time in months and I got an email the went like this:

"This message is in response to your inquiry regarding your status.Â* You are currently active in the CBPO inventory for the location of: 280- Florida and your score of 90 is good until: 6-30-2010."

I know by reading these forums the wait can be years but I knida find it hard to beleive it has been no movement at all sence the written test? Is anybody else on the same boat with this geo code?

Silent,Â*
                            BPA
                            Tested - 09/27/2010
                            GEO - California Sector
                            N.O.R. - 09/30/2010 Passed (93%)
                            TSL1 - 11/04/2010
                            OB - 11/21/2010

Comment

• Originally posted by Silent0151 View Post
                              I just contacted HQ for second time in months and I got an email the went like this:

"This message is in response to your inquiry regarding your status.�* You are currently active in the CBPO inventory for the location of: 280- Florida and your score of 90 is good until: 6-30-2010."

I know by reading these forums the wait can be years but I knida find it hard to beleive it has been no movement at all sence the written test? Is anybody else on the same boat with this geo code?

Silent,�*
                              What happens when our test expires? I took mine in Jan of 2008 and am in TSU currently - are they going to make me re-take it?
                              CBPO
                              GEO - NY/JFK
                              TEST - 03/08 (NOR: 04/08)

TO - 01/09
                              PE Forms - Completed
                              Fitness - Completed
                              VBT - 03/09 - Completed
                              Drug Screen - Completed
                              Qual - 05/09 - Completed
                              B.I. - 05/09 - Completed
                              Medical - 05/09 - Completed
                              TSU

EOD: ???
                              FLETC: ???

Comment

• Once you're in TSU your test score/expiration should be irrelevant.

For anybody not in TSU, there should be instructions on the back of your NOR to extend your eligibility.

Truthfully, even if you don't ask for an extension...you'll likely get one anyway. Still, if it was me, I'd put in the formal request simply as a means documenting my desire for the extension.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6763 users online. 360 members and 6403 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X