Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So I wonder if they use your TO date and then score as a tie breaker for multiple people with the same date, or is it some formula that combined date and score to give you a spot in line.
    Geo: Illinois
    Test Score: 94
    Quals: GS-7
    T.O.: 8/7/2007
    Referred to Schedule EOD

"Theirs not to make reply, Theirs not to reason why, Theirs but to do and die"

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyHoyle View Post
      So I wonder if they use your TO date and then score as a tie breaker for multiple people with the same date, or is it some formula that combined date and score to give you a spot in line.
      That's a good question. Another day, further back in line.
      CBPO
      GEO - NY/JFK
      TEST - 03/08 (NOR: 04/08)

TO - 01/09
      PE Forms - Completed
      Fitness - Completed
      VBT - 03/09 - Completed
      Drug Screen - Completed
      Qual - 05/09 - Completed
      B.I. - 05/09 - Completed
      Medical - 05/09 - Completed
      TSU

EOD: ???
      FLETC: ???

Comment

• Originally posted by Lamp Lighter View Post
        Thanks, DirtStyx. I'm not quite there yet for UD, but I am hopeful. Still have to get through the poly, med, and background. I also found out yesterday that if I want to continue in the process for UD I have to get lasiks. Their vision requirement is 20/60 as opposed to CBPs 20/100. I have my my consult on Monday.

My only fear is that I will get the lasiks and then get the call from CBP during my "recovery" period. I would sh*t a brick if I got the call and then had to defer my EOD for another few months.
        Most likely, they'll make you wait a period of time(90 days?)from the surgery. Then you'll need a doctor's clearance to participate in the training program.

As sag said, the practical recovery time is only a few days, but you'll be on certain restrictions for roughly 3 months or so(no swimming, no contact sports, etc.)

I went through it in 2003. It ended up well worth it in my case.

Comment

So I wonder if they use your TO date and then score as a tie breaker for multiple people with the same date, or is it some formula that combined date and score to give you a spot in line.

I'll take a guess and suggest that their TO dates are timed...down to the second. That would solve the problem of ties and since it's all computerized...it's not all that hard to keep track of.

Comment

• Originally posted by SlickWillie View Post
            Well I'm thrilled that the score does seem to have some purpose. I'm a 99 and I was wondering if there were THAT many 100's they had to call over the past year.... Geesh!

Ex-military may be eligible for 5-10 veteran points. You might be looking at a fair number of scores ahead of you in the 110-100 range.

Comment

• I already asked the question about the order they use if the T.O.'s were on the same day. the short of the answer a I got back was if someone else has the same T.O. for your geo then they go to the test score. ex. You and someone else have the same T.O. date, you scored a 90 and the next guy scored an 89 you get your call first. They add in vet points etc. to the raw test score first.

Comment

• Quick Question....I understand that if you already a federal employee and you get the call and switch over to CBP, they have to match your pay/grade....but do you already have to be employed by the G when you get your TO in order for this to work??

Comment

• Originally posted by SSG_MP View Post
                  Quick Question....I understand that if you already a federal employee and you get the call and switch over to CBP, they have to match your pay/grade....but do you already have to be employed by the G when you get your TO in order for this to work??
                  Ya kinda lost me there for a minute, but I think you mean can you be on military leave or other non paid status and recieve pay match. That kind of depends on what your status is with your employer. If you did a VR before the activation, you are not going to get it, as you are no longer a Federal employee. If you are simply in a LWOP status, or paid military leave, then yes, they will match your Federal pay. They will not however match your Military pay if it is higher.
                  Life is what happens while you are waiting for something better to come along.

Comment

• Originally posted by biggdawgdaddy View Post
                    Ya kinda lost me there for a minute, but I think you mean can you be on military leave or other non paid status and recieve pay match. That kind of depends on what your status is with your employer. If you did a VR before the activation, you are not going to get it, as you are no longer a Federal employee. If you are simply in a LWOP status, or paid military leave, then yes, they will match your Federal pay. They will not however match your Military pay if it is higher.
                    Yeah I was kinda half asleep when I wrote this, so it didn't really come out clear lol. What I meant was....I might be getting an EOD for BOP hopefully next month. So if I stay with BOP for like a year or two, and I finally get the call for CBP and I decide to switch over to CBP, does CBP have to match my pay/Grade from whatever I'm making with BOP....even though I wasn't with BOP when I got my CBP TO??

Comment

• Same as the above statement, I am currently on LWOP from TSA, I was selected by DLA and FEMA for Police Positions. DLA matched me, but I ended up with a few extra bucks from how the the GS scale works and where I fell. (selected for 6 now),I tried to ask for more, but HR said since I am already a FED Employee, that they do not bargin, I brought up what I make while Active and she said NOPE, Im a FED still. FEMA since is a GS-6 I'll get that pay, an increase by much more than I currently make. As for CBP as I stated in the past, someone for FL, my most likely get my spot. I have a TO of late 2007 GS-7, Vet Pref-50% disibility, current Fed employee etc. Good luck, and if you are looking while you wait, FEMA is open again, and DLA.
                      Last edited by MP-K-9; 03-25-2010, 11:46 PM. Reason: typo
                      "whys the sky blue? because god loves the Infantry"

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
                        I'll take a guess and suggest that their TO dates are timed...down to the second. That would solve the problem of ties and since it's all computerized...it's not all that hard to keep track of.
                        I'm thinking that they are going by TO date and using score as a tiebreaker. I've never seen the G go down to the second, even EOD are day of. I didn't get seniority over the guy that was sworn in 5 minutes after me, we both have the same seniority. Just my thoughts anyway, but then again, who really knows with this process.. We're all just along for the ride.
                        Geo: Illinois
                        Test Score: 94
                        Quals: GS-7
                        T.O.: 8/7/2007
                        Referred to Schedule EOD

"Theirs not to make reply, Theirs not to reason why, Theirs but to do and die"

Comment

I'm thinking that they are going by TO date and using score as a tiebreaker. I've never seen the G go down to the second, even EOD are day of. I didn't get seniority over the guy that was sworn in 5 minutes after me, we both have the same seniority. Just my thoughts anyway, but then again, who really knows with this process.. We're all just along for the ride.
                          It's only a guess.

Anyway...

TO's are issued for a given location by test score starting at 110 and working on down. The guy scoring an 88 should be seeing his TO before the guy scoring an 87 and after the guy scoring an 89.

That more or less means that, barring odd circumstances, we both might be right.

Comment

• CBP will paymatch those people currently working within DHS.

For other federal employees outside DHS, they might paymatch...they might not.

Comment

CBP will paymatch those people currently working within DHS.

Roger That!!

Comment

CBP will paymatch those people currently working within DHS.

I should clarify that...since it depends on how they're hiring.

Agencies will paymatch other agencies within their departments. As examples...CBP will paymatch ICE or other any DHS agency, BOP will paymatch any other DOJ agency, USSS will paymatch any other Treasury Dept. agency, etc.

They may or may not decide to paymatch those moving between Departments.

To complicate things further, nearly all CBPO hires currently go through FCIP hiring. Under FCIP hiring, you'll get pay retention under just about any circumstance.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6391 users online. 260 members and 6131 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X