Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For years, many seaports have been conducting port patrols, giving field interviews, initiating vehicle stops, running NCIC checks, providing emergency security, etc. Especially as it relates to the K9 and AT-CET teams. I don't know if pulling people over for driving in a restricted area meets Escape's criteria for a "traffic stop",(I expect it doesn't) but it happens.

I'm also not seeing how someone in the act of pulling over a port runner is not involved in "traffic stop". Care to explain the difference between the two?

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
      For years, many seaports have been conducting port patrols, giving field interviews, initiating vehicle stops, running NCIC checks, providing emergency security, etc. Especially as it relates to the K9 and AT-CET teams. I don't know if pulling people over for driving in a restricted area meets Escape's criteria for a "traffic stop",(I expect it doesn't) but it happens.

I'm also not seeing how someone in the act of pulling over a port runner is not involved in "traffic stop". Care to explain the difference between the two?
      The only time there can be a traffic stop is if there is a traffic violation. Wait a second, that can't be real law enforcement either, because that is enforcing civil laws not criminal laws. I think Escape-the-Kmart-Jackel is angry because he realized he meets the description of the "typical" officer at CBP he is so fond of posting and regrets his decision to take this job. Personally, I've had some great jobs and done what Escape-the-Kmart-Jackel says CBPO's who like the job haven't done and I enjoy this job.
      But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object, evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new guards for their future security.

For the intelectually challenged: If the government screws the people enough, it is the right and responsibility of the people to revolt and form a new government.

Comment

• Have any current CBPO's on this board heard anything new about hiring? IE: are they going to hire at all this year!

Comment

• KC,

The troll actually feels he is doing a service for the thread by demanding center of attention for his viewpoints. His ego has found he can manipulate the thread with controversial statements. I'd be willing to wager a large sum that most chronic trolls were severely victimized by bullying in their youth and present. This is the most fun they have had in there lives! Say a Prayer For Them.
          Le gra'sta De' a Theim.
          Galic: By The Grace Of God Go I.

Comment

• Originally posted by Thek9 View Post
            KC,

The troll actually feels he is doing a service for the thread by demanding center of attention for his viewpoints. His ego has found he can manipulate the thread with controversial statements. I'd be willing to wager a large sum that most chronic trolls were severely victimized by bullying in their youth and present. This is the most fun they have had in there lives! Say a Prayer For Them.

AMEN! Now change the subject! Everyone will have a different OPINION about working for CBP! So quit feeding the troll!

Comment

• I had my panel for Secret Service UD yesterday. It went extremely well. Was told that I passed it on the spot. The interviewing sergeant saw that I was waiting for an EOD with CBP and had this to say...

"CBP is a great agency to work for and is only getting better from what I hear. I think Basham [former director of Secret Service] has moved CBP in a much more law enforcement oriented direction... It's a credit to you that you have already gotten through the process for them because it has only gotten more rigorous in the last couple years. It will certainly put you at an advantage as you continue on with the process with us. If you get an EOD from CBP while you are still applying with us definitely take it and we can have all your training carry over to UD if you make it through the process and decide to go with us. But there's a real possiblity that you may like CBP and want to stay with them. It will be your call."

It was really great to hear that CBP actually is respected by other agencies despite what some people would have you believe. I don't think he had any reason to blow smoke up my *** about it. Pretty cool.
              "He made the night a little brighter where ever he would go. The old lamplighter of long, long ago."

Comment

• "cozizzlesuckers" too funny!
                CBPO
                Test: July 2008
                TO: 12/26/08
                VBT 1/21/09-passed
                Medical - 1/21/09 - cleared 4/28
                Fitness - 1/21/09 - passed
                Drug test - 2/5/09- passed
                BI - Cleared
                TSU -4/29/09 (Buffalo)
                BI2 - cleared 8/11

ICE Special Agent
                Test 7/22/09 passed

Comment

• HAHAHA! I'm glad nobody saw it before I edited it! Evidently, as one word, that doesn't trigger the *****program!
                  Expect nothing but conjecture, tall tales, partially true war stories, speculation and biased, irrelevant information- but it's all FREE for a limited time!

Comment

• Originally posted by ZODIAC76 View Post
                    AMEN! Now change the subject! Everyone will have a different OPINION about working for CBP! So quit feeding the troll!
                    +1

I'm seriously considering ignoring all the people who keep feeding the trolls......

Comment

• Originally posted by Lamp Lighter View Post
                      I had my panel for Secret Service UD yesterday. It went extremely well. Was told that I passed it on the spot. The interviewing sergeant saw that I was waiting for an EOD with CBP and had this to say...

"CBP is a great agency to work for and is only getting better from what I hear. I think Basham [former director of Secret Service] has moved CBP in a much more law enforcement oriented direction... It's a credit to you that you have already gotten through the process for them because it has only gotten more rigorous in the last couple years. It will certainly put you at an advantage as you continue on with the process with us. If you get an EOD from CBP while you are still applying with us definitely take it and we can have all your training carry over to UD if you make it through the process and decide to go with us. But there's a real possiblity that you may like CBP and want to stay with them. It will be your call."

It was really great to hear that CBP actually is respected by other agencies despite what some people would have you believe. I don't think he had any reason to blow smoke up my *** about it. Pretty cool.

And then a little sunshine broke through the gloom! Good for you LampLighter. It's wonderful that you may be forced to choose between terrific careers. Congrats.

Comment

• Originally posted by DirtStyx View Post
                        And then a little sunshine broke through the gloom! Good for you LampLighter. It's wonderful that you may be forced to choose between terrific careers. Congrats.
                        Thanks, DirtStyx. I'm not quite there yet for UD, but I am hopeful. Still have to get through the poly, med, and background. I also found out yesterday that if I want to continue in the process for UD I have to get lasiks. Their vision requirement is 20/60 as opposed to CBPs 20/100. I have my my consult on Monday.

My only fear is that I will get the lasiks and then get the call from CBP during my "recovery" period. I would sh*t a brick if I got the call and then had to defer my EOD for another few months.
                        "He made the night a little brighter where ever he would go. The old lamplighter of long, long ago."

Comment

• Just received email from MHC to clarify TO and TSU used. Hope it helps

Applicants are referred in score order on a certificate of eligibles based on their geographic location, test score and applicable veteran’s preference points. A review of your record indicates that you were referred on a certificate of eligibles on October 17, 2007 for the location of Washington – All Other Locations with a rating of 94 (including 5 pts tentative veterans preference). If a vacancy needs to be filled for the location of Washington – All Other Locations, MHC will review the list of available candidates and applicants will be contacted based on their original referral date and score (ranking on the certificate). Our system is automated; therefore we are unable to provide you your place in line on the ready list.

Comment

• OCT 2007??? geez, that is nuts!

wow, and I thought I had been waiting.

Not much has changed on the forum as far as I can tell. Everyone's still waiting for the call, yes?

I called TSU last week and the lady said no hiring for Maine for the time being, and that they are waiting for attrition.

silver lining bit: She also said if you get referred to TSU before you hit 37, you can still get the call after your 37th birthday and you would still be hired because you cleared their requirements before you were 37 years old.
                            CBP written test Miami, FL
                            11/10/2007
                            NOR letter 01/16/2008
                            VBT 4/2/2008 (passed)
                            Forms 6/2/2009 completed
                            Med exam 4/6/2009 completed
                            9/4/2009
                            Physical exam 4/6/2009 (passed)
                            drug test 5/7/2009 (passed)
                            TO 5/12/2009 (2nd one,
                            never got first)
                            qualifications completed
                            BI interview 9/30/2009
                            BI cleared/referred to TSU 10/30/2009
                            poly: Mar 2011
                            updated e-Qip & All Forms: Sep/Oct 2011
                            BI interview II: Dec 2011/Jan 2012

Comment

• Well I'm thrilled that the score does seem to have some purpose. I'm a 99 and I was wondering if there were THAT many 100's they had to call over the past year.... Geesh!
                              Expect nothing but conjecture, tall tales, partially true war stories, speculation and biased, irrelevant information- but it's all FREE for a limited time!

Comment

• Originally posted by Lamp Lighter View Post
                                Thanks, DirtStyx. I'm not quite there yet for UD, but I am hopeful. Still have to get through the poly, med, and background. I also found out yesterday that if I want to continue in the process for UD I have to get lasiks. Their vision requirement is 20/60 as opposed to CBPs 20/100. I have my my consult on Monday.

My only fear is that I will get the lasiks and then get the call from CBP during my "recovery" period. I would sh*t a brick if I got the call and then had to defer my EOD for another few months.
                                I wouldn't worry...the recovery period is like a day. Nearly everyone goes back to work the day after the procedure.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4105 users online. 281 members and 3824 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X