Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This board used to be awesome from my application process to getting hired over a year ago.

After reading this new hater board, I am glad the haters were not on the board back then.

For those that helped me: Thanks. It's all you said (the job) and more (ten-fold)
    For those awaiting the call: Do what you're doing.

Comment

• Originally posted by TuffStuffCBP View Post
      Who here laughed at me when I asked about a postponement if I got the call before my wedding in 2 and 1/2 years? Still laughing? I'm crying.
      Did you try the wedgie or armpit fart? Sometimes they help. I'm glad I was already married through this process. My wife may have thought I had split personality disorder and walked away. Now she just calls me "Norman" when that OTHER guy shows up. Maybe you should do all your crying in a closet away from your bride-to-be for now. Especially if there is rocking and thumb sucking involved.

Good luck.

Comment

• Originally posted by TuffStuffCBP View Post
        Who here laughed at me when I asked about a postponement if I got the call before my wedding in 2 and 1/2 years? Still laughing? I'm crying.
        I think that was me. Its not funny anymore. Sorry.

Comment

• Originally posted by primetime24 View Post
          Best Job I ever had. I go to work smiling and come home smiling, and have fun while doing the job. Hang in there everyone....

+1, and I've had some great jobs!
          But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object, evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new guards for their future security.

For the intelectually challenged: If the government screws the people enough, it is the right and responsibility of the people to revolt and form a new government.

Comment

• Question to current CBPOs: Are you guys getting ECDs (tazers) anytime soon?
            "Officer, you are kinda hot."

"And you are kinda intoxicated."

Comment

• Originally posted by sap123 View Post
              Question to current CBPOs: Are you guys getting ECDs (tazers) anytime soon?
              I think some of the southern border guys may have them. Most likely they'll be issued to those on special teams first, but what do I know. I'm just a boot and that is decided above my pay grade.
              Don't tase me bro!!

Comment

• We have them in San Diego. About a hundred or so, issued out to various officers throughout the FO. Not issued just to special units, line officers too. They are issued to each of the officers, not a daily sign out item.

Comment

• Tell us dummies what an FO is please.
                  Expect nothing but conjecture, tall tales, partially true war stories, speculation and biased, irrelevant information- but it's all FREE for a limited time!

Comment

• so when you guys think they be hiring again...

Comment

• SORRY!!!! Field Office

Comment

• Originally posted by EscapeCBP
                        "We also conduct traffic stops on vehicles that either by accident or on purpose leave the port without completing inspection"

That is not a traffic stop . That would be a Port runner . How long you been at CBP ? At present time I am not aware of the new policy in effect as to pursuit while I understand it is coming.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                        The interim pursuit policy, which allowed the CBPO's in OFO ports of entry to pursue port runners, was in place starting on October 3, 2008. It was replaced with the final version after completing all of the collective bargaining requirements on Sept. 18, 2009. I believe this is the new policy that you think is coming. The policy is already in effect and training has been on going for almost two years. Please attempt to provide accurate information with your rants.

FB

Comment

• Man,"ignore" is a really great feature. I'm sure that last disparaging barrage of posts would have really ****ed me off. I'm just guessing that they were disparaging. Maybe I'm being the jerk.
                          CBPO
                          GEO - NY/JFK
                          TEST - 03/08 (NOR: 04/08)

TO - 01/09
                          PE Forms - Completed
                          Fitness - Completed
                          VBT - 03/09 - Completed
                          Drug Screen - Completed
                          Qual - 05/09 - Completed
                          B.I. - 05/09 - Completed
                          Medical - 05/09 - Completed
                          TSU

EOD: ???
                          FLETC: ???

Comment

• pssst, if you all will stop trying to justify yourselves- the cozizzlesuckers will stop trying to prove you wrong. Just apply to the job, understand that it isn't going to be a jump out team in the Bronx and go get your big money. Laugh your way to the bank. If I can get in this before I'm too old, I'm laughing my way to the bank with two pensions. I guess that makes me less of a cop? Sorry...
                            Expect nothing but conjecture, tall tales, partially true war stories, speculation and biased, irrelevant information- but it's all FREE for a limited time!

Comment

Please be aware that while the policy is in effect what the young lad was describing is not a traffic stop. Please do not bring knifes to gun fights .
                              I have yet to read of any pursuit under the policy . And furthermore you are to cease and desist once the locals or BP take over.
                              You bring up a sad fact that finally under extreme pressure CBP decided to alllow officers to pursue. While the policy may have started 2008 and just went into effect a few short months ago repeat a few short months ago most ports have not implemented.

Go blow smoke up somebodys butt who does not work here. Once I post the pics of what you do you can comment.
                              That is not a traffic stop . That would be a Port runner . How long you been at CBP ? At present time I am not aware of the new policy in effect as to pursuit while I understand it is coming.
                              Make up you mind, you first are not aware of the pursuit policy next you a quoting from it. The Southern Border ports have been doing pursuits for more then few months. The Northern Borders have just begun in the past few months because the Southern Ports had priority in Charleston. Just today, I received a request for more instructors. They are increasing the driving courses in Artiesa due to the requirement to get the ports online. There are many things going on in the agency at the many ports around the country that you haven't read about or aware of since I don't think senior management has to check with you. How about you PM your port or Govt. E-mail and we can have a little chat.

FB

Comment

Speaking of which please let me know when the Port of Detroit is conducting traffic stops on public streets . I will be sure to bring my camera and take some pictures. Yea keep repeating I thought nexus to border. AS I my tape rolls and I am nowhere near the crossing into Canada. After you are fired and CBP disavows any defense of you ,I hope you have something worth taking.
                                do you have any positives for the job you currently hold? it does not seem like it.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10113 users online. 195 members and 9918 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X