Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CBP officer

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by EscapeCBP
    I am so sick of hearing the mythical Southern Border stuff, I TDY there and saw littele difference other then when a person who is yelled at or whatever but does not speak english .Simply DOES not know how to make a complaint .
    They do not yell or tell USCs [other then drunk military, kids or lower class people ] much of anything but welcome back !
    “Mythical Southern Boarder”?!? Yes Virginia there is a Laredo, a Calexico, a Del Rio and an El Paso. Tell them at Calexico that old men don’t shoot you when you bring them into the secondary office. Tell them in Del Rio that fleeing suspects won’t run over a K-9 officer. And please tell them in Laredo and El Paso there is no such thing as gunfights on the middle of the bridges. It exists just to the south of your happy utopia where nothing happens and you need not look for smugglers. We enforce the law and that satisfies every definition of Law enforcement I know of; one who enforces the law. A TDY for a few weeks that ends just as you are finding out how to take a declaration in Spanish is not working the southern border.

    As for Sups that have no Law Enforcement experience, three of my supervisors were former Border Patrol, who got tired of cutting sign and came to the bridges. Lots of State and Locals who got tired of measuring their dope seizures in milligrams and wanted to measure them in TONS are also now supervisors with CBP, and I have worked for several of them.

    I have always said that you are either part of the solution or you are part of the problem. By drawing over simplifications about what we do here, and doing your dead level best to discourage anyone who wants to become a CBP Officer you sir are part of the problem.

    Sorry for the rant, I had an allergic reaction to bull***t.
    Life is what happens while you are waiting for something better to come along.

    Comment


    • Bigdawg,

      You told it like it is. It may seem the Bullcrappola spewed forth is a progression of wine inducement, (Beer Mussel) from the NB.
      Le gra'sta De' a Theim.
      Galic: By The Grace Of God Go I.

      Comment


      • I missed the "I have yet to meet a Sup who was prior LEO ." line.

        My experience as well has most of the sups I've worked with having previous extensive BP, state/local or military law enforcement experience.

        Comment


        • there are at least 7 formers fams who left to come to cbp at my port.... and all the fams ive spoken with hate the job and are trying to come over... so i dont know how you can even say that

          Comment


          • Originally posted by EscapeCBP
            Last week I read all the San Yisdro SAS and IOIL did not see all the major law enforcment work you guys did . I can't resist...

            "If a sup is knowingly allowing patdowns, doesn't that mean they're approved?" Merlin
            Merlin you have been spewing b.s. here and on other sites for many years.
            You have the uninformed meaning never hired . And a small group of non leo types backing you here.
            CBP policy is more then clear on pat downs . You had better get into vc and phoniex .
            It is simply is not arguable.

            On every other board LEO CBP is pretty much laughed at . If they know what we do or have been to a border
            Although believe it or not I had to take someone to task and defend CBP over a non leo job on a board when he compared the unarmed position to being much like a CBPO .
            On another board a local Sheriff made a statement "it would be like one of those CBP toll takers . Yikes can you imagine 25 years of that ?
            I let that one pass.
            ON our own board I tell it like it is.
            ON THE subject of FAMs , they have been a disgruntled group , but we have never had one return to CBP at our Port . AND many CBPS would leave here for FAM but they don`t want to leave because they don`t want to go through an acadamy at this point or they fear not getting their home location.
            I have yet to meet a FAM who started as a FAM and then came to CBP I am sure one of you will point out somebody.
            I STAND BY THE STATEMENT that the majority of people who claim former LEO work when questioned you find out they were reserve, or miltary not full time paid . Every former BPA I met has stated they regret coming to CBP done for family reasons and are attempting to find a way out.
            My new standard disclaimer is CBP IS an excellent non leo job , well paying shift work for people who simply lack ambition or the skill to find a job that eventually pays 80 k with a retirement. It is very much what a Union factory job use to be .
            Wow. You really gonna commit to that one huh. You really are gonna say that most cbpos that are former local or state were researves? We've come to grips that you dislike the agency and you feel that it is not LEO work, but you really are disrespecting your brothers and sisters in blue by over generalizing. As for the guy that called us toll takers, so what. locals call troopers ticket writers or revenue producers, some call corrections officers baby sitters, if you're IEA your a bus driver. The list goes on and on. As I've said before, we have guys that come from all over the LE spectrum. Some like CBP, Some are using it to get somewhere else in the fed or to a location that they want to live. I find it pretty insulting to say that the agency is for those who lack skill or ambition.
            Don't tase me bro!!

            Comment


            • Originally posted by EscapeCBP
              Tell them at Calexico that old men don’t shoot you when you bring them into the secondary office. Tell them in Del Rio that fleeing suspects won’t run over a K-9 officer. And please tell them in Laredo and El Paso there is no such

              It is time to put the one WAR STORY that is repeated over and over at CBP to bed.
              If I hear it again I think I will puke.
              I will work any CBP border without a gun,vest, baton without fear.
              I will not step into a BP car and work a shift without a gun/vest ANYWHERE in the US.
              I will not do a police shift anywhere in the US without the above.
              Tell ya what, come on down to El Paso, I hear that the Consolate has an opening. Those "War Stories" happened, along with many others and still has not been forgotten by those who matter.
              Life is what happens while you are waiting for something better to come along.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
                I'll let most of the nonsense lie, except to say two things...

                One, I never said that any patdown beyond a patdown for weapons doesn't require supervisory approval.

                Two, at some seaports at the least, some CBPOs are doing patrol stops.
                I work at a northern landborder with CBP and we conduct traffic stops of vehicles almost everyday. And that is just using commen sense to stop the vehicles becaue most at our port dont have any CBP training on vehicles stops and we still seem to be doing a great and safe job at stopping moving vehicles while driving a marked government vehicle. We ordered completly outfitted dodge chargers for this purpose and we actually do use them for this purpose. For example we due Outbound operations where we stop vehicles traveling to canada and conduct inspections and searches of their vehicle and belongings.

                We also conduct traffic stops on vehicles that either by accident or on purpose leave the port without completing inspection. Usually the vehicles are accidently leaving the port due to the drivers lack of english skills. the traffic stops are not always on federal property. We also conduct traffic stops on vehicles outside of the port when the occupants try to stop and take pictures of the port of entry or government property. We have a 24 hour a day 7 days a week 2 man patrol that patrols at our port of entry and they also do patrols on thge outside of the Port of entry in the area's that have direct access to the port of entry off property.
                CBP is in fact becomming very enforcement minded. At the landborder that I work at I would never think of working without a weapon or without a leo minded mentality because it would be unsafe for the security of the American people and fellow border officers.
                Last edited by FED/guy; 03-21-2010, 06:58 PM. Reason: adding information
                HSI Agent Timeline-

                Applied online - March and June 2011 (VRA/Public)
                Test (New Orleans) - June 11, 2011
                Oral Board - Oct 4, 2011
                TO arrived Oct 26, 2011
                e-QIP sent - Oct 28, 2011
                Credit Check pulled Nov 4, 2011
                Medical - Nov 8, 2011
                PPD read and Med packet sent to CHS Nov 10, 2011
                (2/6/2012 BI - EOD clearance granted)
                (Med Cleared on 02/22/2012)
                Redid entire Med Exam- early 2015
                Received FLETC EOD date- Expected EOD on 6/14/2015

                Comment


                • Originally posted by EscapeCBP
                  My new standard disclaimer is CBP IS an excellent non leo job ,
                  So what do you do for a living then?

                  Comment


                  • This thread is getting wicked lame with trolls sh*tting all over CBP. It is utterly irritating for trolls to come on here and keep denegrating the job we all want. We know the less glamorous aspects of the job, okay? All you are doing is coming on here to annoy applicants and disrespect the guys who are on the job.

                    I think I may take a vacation for a while. I will come back when the conversation gets back to a substantive topic.
                    Last edited by Lamp Lighter; 03-22-2010, 12:41 PM.
                    "He made the night a little brighter where ever he would go. The old lamplighter of long, long ago."

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Lamp Lighter View Post
                      This thread is getting wicked lame with trolls sh*tting all over CBP. It is utterly irritating for trolls to come on here and keep denegrating the job we all want. We know the less glamorous aspects of the job, okay? All you are doing is coming on here to annoy applicants and disrespect the guys who are on the job.

                      I think I may take a vacation for a while. I will come back when the conversation gets back to a substantive topic.
                      +1. Gimmie a call when T.O.'s start going out.

                      Comment


                      • The recent trend of **** talking is pretty lame. Different strokes for different folks, right? First of all, NOTHING in my profile is true except that I'm in law enforcement and have been for "a long time." I learned the hard way to draw a thick line between your online ranting and your paycheck. So that said, don't come at me saying "what the hell does an underwater evidence tech know about policing anyway?"
                        This whole debate about CBP not being law enforcement is great. You get to a point where you realize that people die doing "high speed" work. If you aren't there yet, you will be. If this job is nice and peaceful but still has a 20 year pension, odd hours, what's the problem? Really, do you think ANY federal agency has people getting any blisters from hard work? If you want combat, we have two wars for you to pick from at the moment. If you want a job beating people up, MMA is a legit career and evidently you can make a truckload of money if you're as tough as some cops think they are. If you want a job that lets you carry a gun to protect yourself from the odd lightning strike on or off duty with (eventually) great pay and very little in the way of rocket science required- this might be for you. I've known this business long enough to realize that there are too many busy bodies bullies who crave "safe" confrontations like internet fighting and waiting till backup gets there to turn on their drill sergeant act. The "you guy's suck" act is just more noise from the same kind of miserable people.
                        Expect nothing but conjecture, tall tales, partially true war stories, speculation and biased, irrelevant information- but it's all FREE for a limited time!

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by SlickWillie View Post
                          The recent trend of **** talking is pretty lame. Different strokes for different folks, right? First of all, NOTHING in my profile is true except that I'm in law enforcement and have been for "a long time." I learned the hard way to draw a thick line between your online ranting and your paycheck. So that said, don't come at me saying "what the hell does an underwater evidence tech know about policing anyway?"
                          This whole debate about CBP not being law enforcement is great. You get to a point where you realize that people die doing "high speed" work. If you aren't there yet, you will be. If this job is nice and peaceful but still has a 20 year pension, odd hours, what's the problem? Really, do you think ANY federal agency has people getting any blisters from hard work? If you want combat, we have two wars for you to pick from at the moment. If you want a job beating people up, MMA is a legit career and evidently you can make a truckload of money if you're as tough as some cops think they are. If you want a job that lets you carry a gun to protect yourself from the odd lightning strike on or off duty with (eventually) great pay and very little in the way of rocket science required- this might be for you. I've known this business long enough to realize that there are too many busy bodies bullies who crave "safe" confrontations like internet fighting and waiting till backup gets there to turn on their drill sergeant act. The "you guy's suck" act is just more noise from the same kind of miserable people.
                          +1 Now that's funny right there.

                          Comment


                          • Seriously

                            If you hate it so much please quit so that those of us that want the job, can have a chance at it!

                            Comment


                            • Best Job I ever had. I go to work smiling and come home smiling, and have fun while doing the job. Hang in there everyone....took me 7 years to get the job!

                              Comment


                              • Who here laughed at me when I asked about a postponement if I got the call before my wedding in 2 and 1/2 years? Still laughing? I'm crying.
                                CBPO
                                GEO - NY/JFK
                                TEST - 03/08 (NOR: 04/08)

                                TO - 01/09
                                PE Forms - Completed
                                Fitness - Completed
                                VBT - 03/09 - Completed
                                Drug Screen - Completed
                                Qual - 05/09 - Completed
                                B.I. - 05/09 - Completed
                                Medical - 05/09 - Completed
                                TSU


                                EOD: ???
                                FLETC: ???

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 12117 users online. 272 members and 11845 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X