300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MP-K-9 View Post
    HMMM< I see, I sure hope the people with the say so, start to back you guys more. A friend of mine works down in MIA. He told me in order to search someone, detain etc, unless in secondary screening, he has to go threw two sups....is this true?or only certain airports etc...He was new onboard from TSA so, maybe since he was a new guy....
    Depends on your port, and your sup. Some are enforcement minded, many are not. My current sup is enforcement minded (former cop). That works in my favor.
    Don't tase me bro!!

Comment

• Also, one of the reasons im not going CBPO at this point, is not only the other offers and selections, but I would have to be back in the airport like when im at TSA for 3 yrs in order to do anthing else. I couldnt do it... Like all it is what it is, a great job with pay and benifits and a foot in. Now on the other side, another friend at MIA is started at the Port, much better he said, also now he's hooked up with some type of gig, jointly working with the interdiction duds....whatever joint op that is. He also is an MP on his weekend warrior time...LOL.

As for CBP, I have to do a poly (when i get outa the sandbox)and thats it, but I will tell you applicants out there, I will be freeing up a spot in FL for one of you. My TO date was in late 2007. Good luck to you out there and keep your head in the game if this is what you want.
      "whys the sky blue? because god loves the Infantry"

Comment

• Originally posted by EscapeCBP
        And was wrongly argued by many CBPOs here showing thier total lack of training and critical thinking skills .

You can always do an immediate pat down for officer safety.
        You must still be able to articulate the WHY . As simple as that sounds I have seen CBPOS have to be walked through the articulation.

No matter what Merlin says a pat down other then an immediate requires SCBPO approval. Again you must articulate the WHY ?
        Doing one without approval could be one of the few things that could get you fired .

Thats crazy, I figured like you just said. Comon sense, it should be just as like when im screening away....LOL, if you ring, i tell you your options, let you try a few more times, if you dont get what im saying. about the cell phone, keys, coins, knives you forgot..lol, money belt..etc, I explain whats going to take place and do my thing. If you dont like it later you can talk to my sup, who will just say you can go to TSA.GOV and fill out a complaint...I tell em you gave up your 4th and 5th amedment when your bags and your person came threw the screening and x ray equipment....lol, nicley at least.

Comment

• Like you also said, EscapeCBP, officer safety is number 1. Always do your initial pat down, like you stated. If now you might find yourself bleeding... You can always explain why you did what you did. Just follw policy/SOP's and your good. First thing as an MP and what not, you learn that right from the get go, shoot even while I was a grunt in the Infantry, we talked to you after a patdown. That was the nice side, if you were on the recieving end of a raid...it sucked to be you...lol, but that was the job then, not now. Now its walking the pup around trying to find the bad guys....which we dont do, I just train..train..train... I will say as stated before, all the info you put out is accurate and up to date from what I can make out, so it's there if anyone wants it, I say keep posting what you do, granted many may not agree with me.

Comment

Even though don`t like me YODA will now claim you are me !
            Remember when that CBPO got his butt whomped a few years ago , I don`t think the guy was Federally charged , was he Merlin ?
            Lol! I'll be the first to say the agency has some issues, but I don't see things quite the way you see them. Comparitaively I have been with the agency for a fairly short amount of time, and don't plan on retireing with CBP but I've seen some positive changes, and got to do some pretty cool stuff with other agencies. I would not dare say that this isn't a law enforcement job, but thats just me. It may not be high speed but it is enforcement. I recently spoke to a court deputy. He's been on the job 10 or 11 years. He talks about his job much like you do about CBP. Same with a FAM I met. To each his own I guess.
            Last edited by qixfeet; 03-20-2010, 04:10 PM. Reason: I can't spell good
            Don't tase me bro!!

Comment

Like you also said, EscapeCBP, officer safety is number 1. Always do your initial pat down, like you stated. If now you might find yourself bleeding... You can always explain why you did what you did. Just follw policy/SOP's and your good. First thing as an MP and what not, you learn that right from the get go, shoot even while I was a grunt in the Infantry, we talked to you after a patdown. That was the nice side, if you were on the recieving end of a raid...it sucked to be you...lol, but that was the job then, not now. Now its walking the pup around trying to find the bad guys....which we dont do, I just train..train..train... I will say as stated before, all the info you put out is accurate and up to date from what I can make out, so it's there if anyone wants it, I say keep posting what you do, granted many may not agree with me.
              Safety is number 1. You don't need to get approval for a pat down for weapons.
              Don't tase me bro!!

Comment

Thats crazy, I figured like you just said. Comon sense, it should be just as like when im screening away....LOL, if you ring, i tell you your options, let you try a few more times, if you dont get what im saying. about the cell phone, keys, coins, knives you forgot..lol, money belt..etc, I explain whats going to take place and do my thing. If you dont like it later you can talk to my sup, who will just say you can go to TSA.GOV and fill out a complaint...I tell em you gave up your 4th and 5th amedment when your bags and your person came threw the screening and x ray equipment....lol, nicley at least.
                I am guessing you work as a screener?

Who told you that people give up their 4th amendment rights while in the TSA area?

Comment

Last edited by Bob236; 03-20-2010, 10:06 PM.

Comment

• Yes after I left the Army I started at TSA, thinking it was somthing else and in the mean time while i waited for other FedLeo gigs. I also went back in as a Reservist, as a MP, and since you can tell im a screener, im sure you can tell by my pic, that i'm a dog handler. Once again in Iraq. Now as for your question.

Its on every sign while entering the screening area, once your person passes through you and your items are subject to search. If you bag passes through, and you deside you dont want to go through, we can re-screen your bag, but must return it, we cannot search it. and must return the bag outside the checkpoint. Also, I was on a team that we would screen employee's, TSA,Airline etc...at doorways, just for random sreening. Also there is another thing TSA does, even know you've been screened, there maybe at differnet times TSO's at the boarding gates, and we will just pick you out, or every 3rd person etc, and re search your bag, just a quick look, and not worried about liquids and all that.

Searches conducted at the United States border or the equivalent of the border <<<<(such as an international airport)>>>> may be conducted without a warrant or probable cause subject to the "border-search" exception.[55] Most border searches may be conducted entirely at random, without any level of suspicion, pursuant to U.S. Customs and Border Protection plenary search authority. However, searches that intrude upon a traveler's personal dignity and privacy interests, such as strip and body cavity searches, must be supported by "reasonable suspicion."[56] The U.S. Courts of Appeals for the Fourth and Ninth circuits have ruled that information on a traveler's electronic materials, including personal files on a laptop computer, may be searched at random, without suspicion.[57]

Comment

• I am in DC this weekend. I walked all over downtown today to take advantage of the nice weather. I walked past CBP HQ and kept thinking "I wonder what the hell is going on in there?"

Anyway, to my main point, I was talking to some Park Police guys and they said that they had some CBPOs helping them out today with crowd control for the various anti-war and healthcare protests going on on the Mall. Kinda cool. You really never know what you could be asked to do when you're a FLEO.
                      "He made the night a little brighter where ever he would go. The old lamplighter of long, long ago."

Comment

• Originally posted by Lamp Lighter View Post
                        I am in DC this weekend. I walked all over downtown today to take advantage of the nice weather. I walked past CBP HQ and kept thinking "I wonder what the hell is going on in there?"

Anyway, to my main point, I was talking to some Park Police guys and they said that they had some CBPOs helping them out today with crowd control for the various anti-war and healthcare protests going on on the Mall. Kinda cool. You really never know what you could be asked to do when you're a FLEO.
                        We have the largest pool of uniformed officers in the country. We get pulled all the time for special events and security details. Granted, most of the time it is post work, but I've had the chance to work along side of officers from all over.
                        Don't tase me bro!!

Comment

• During one of President Obamas campaines, he came to South FL where we, (TSA) were pulled and asked to work overtime to conduct screening of all people and there belonging with the Uniformed Secret Service. People were not allowed to bring basically anything in that could have been used as a weapon, we took knives, umbrellas...even apples, the sercret service said they could have been thrown. So yep that was intresting, and the best part...didnt have to worry about liquids being 3.4 oz....LOL. It was cool, got a little certificate...wooo for me...LOL

Comment

• I'll let most of the nonsense lie, except to say two things...

One, I never said that any patdown beyond a patdown for weapons doesn't require supervisory approval.

Two, at some seaports at the least, some CBPOs are doing patrol stops.
                            Last edited by merlin436; 03-20-2010, 09:59 PM.

Comment

YOUR responding to the TWO SUPS ? Or the approval.
                              CBP policy is crystal clear.
                              A Supervisor approval is needed for non immediate pat down.
                              There simply is no question about this , any actions that varies could mean a large lawsuit payout .
                              Any Sup who is alllowing pds knowingly without approvals head would roll.
                              I don`t care where you are.
                              I am so sick of hearing the mythical Southern Border stuff, I TDY there and saw littele difference other then when a person who is yelled at or whatever but does not speak english .Simply DOES not know how to make a complaint .
                              They do not yell or tell USCs [other then drunk military, kids or lower class people ] much of anything but welcome back !
                              I can't resist...

If a sup is knowingly allowing patdowns, doesn't that mean they're approved?

The patdown policy is just that...policy. Policy can and often does change. Policy is also interpreted by management, as it needs to be flexible enough to fit the law-enforcement needs of 20 vastly different field offices and 327 separate ports within CBP.

Comment

• duplicate post...
                                Last edited by merlin436; 03-21-2010, 08:33 AM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8641 users online. 475 members and 8166 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X