Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CBP officer

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by imlikeaninja View Post
    Did he really say that? Thats funny coming from someone who claims to be a law enforcement officer.

    Well played, sir!
    "He made the night a little brighter where ever he would go. The old lamplighter of long, long ago."

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Peteylaw06 View Post
      Hey guys, I got the Call!!!! For ICE.

      Thanks for all your help and information over the years (yes, I can't believe it, but it has been years). I hope you all get the call soon! Good luck and Thanks again.

      P.S. - You can remove me from the list now.
      Congrats, Petey. All the best.
      "He made the night a little brighter where ever he would go. The old lamplighter of long, long ago."

      Comment


      • Originally posted by FLA22 View Post
        If this is true, they are not going by TO or TSU date. I have an earlier TO and TSU date. Perhaps it should read 12/28/2007? My TO is 06/2008 and TSU 03/2009. I am also for Miami.
        The TSU and TO date are mine. The guys that were called were probably way earlier.

        Comment


        • 'Grats peteylaw!

          Now if only everyone else in TSU would get a job somewhere else we'd be in business.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Peteylaw06 View Post
            Hey guys, I got the Call!!!! For ICE.

            Thanks for all your help and information over the years (yes, I can't believe it, but it has been years). I hope you all get the call soon! Good luck and Thanks again.

            P.S. - You can remove me from the list now.
            Congrats and good luck!
            CBPO
            Test: July 2008
            TO: 12/26/08
            VBT 1/21/09-passed
            Medical - 1/21/09 - cleared 4/28
            Fitness - 1/21/09 - passed
            Drug test - 2/5/09- passed
            BI - Cleared
            TSU -4/29/09 (Buffalo)
            BI2 - cleared 8/11

            ICE Special Agent
            Test 7/22/09 passed

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Peteylaw06 View Post
              Hey guys, I got the Call!!!! For ICE.

              Thanks for all your help and information over the years (yes, I can't believe it, but it has been years). I hope you all get the call soon! Good luck and Thanks again.

              P.S. - You can remove me from the list now.
              It's a win-win!

              I am happy you got picked up by ICE and I am happy I moved up a spot!

              Congrats PL!
              CBPO East Texas
              TO: 3/3/09
              Pre-Emp Forms: 3/26/09
              Fitness: 4/6/09 -Passed
              Medical: 4/6/09 -Passed
              VBT: 4/7/09 -Passed
              Quals: (GS-7) 4/10/09 -Verified
              Drug Test: 4/17/09 -Passed
              BI: 8/27/09 -Cleared
              TSU: 8/27/09
              FCRA: 05/19/10
              BI Update: 6/16/10

              Comment


              • Originally posted by USMC0844 View Post
                It's a win-win!

                I am happy you got picked up by ICE and I am happy I moved up a spot!

                Congrats PL!
                Lol, much obliged. Thanks guys!
                CBPO:
                EXAM: 8/08
                NOR: 9/9/08 - 98
                T.O.: 2/2/09
                GEO - E. TX
                Forms - 2/6/09
                Quals - 4/13/09
                Med - 2/27/09 Clr 4/10/09
                VBT - 3/10/09 Clr 4/6/09
                UDS - 6/24/09
                BI - Met w. B.I. 4/12/09 clr 7/2/09
                Fitness - 3/9/09
                TSU - 7/2/09
                ___________________

                Law Enforcement Specialist (ICE)
                GEO: VT
                NOR: 99 (GS-11)
                T.O.: 10/28/09
                B.I.: clr 3/12/10
                E.O.D.: 4/11/2010!!!

                Comment


                • This is on the wrong forum, but I know that some of you guys are former/current TSOs. I am wondering if the background investigation for TSA is the same as the one for CBPO (i.e. full on interview with references, etc.)?

                  Comment


                  • I've worked for CBP for about 19 years and I am a manager. Here is my take on EscapeCBP....

                    I think every port has employees much like Leave EscapeCBP. Years ago we called them nine-for-lifes, then more recently eleven-for-lifes and soon maybe twelve for lifes There will always be certain employees that have demonstrated poor work experience and will never be promoted to management (if that is the route they choose. Many good Officers choose to stay in the journeyman ranks which is perfectly fine). I have seen some promoted to supervisor that schocked me, but for the most part I would agree with the selections at my port.

                    Now I have not seen that many of EscapeCBP's previous posts, but for the most part he or she does seem to be respectful and is entitled to his or her opionion, even though I do not share the same thought. I can agree with him (I assume it is a him and will therefore refer to the poster as he or him) that if an applicant really wants hard core Law Enforcement, maybe they should pursue a career as a police officer. Is CBP a law enforcement agency? Of course it is. Is CBP a good job? I absolutely believe it is and I think the newer Officers that are presently (or at lest since 2003) being hired are really better than I have seen at anytime previously. I have worked in an airport environment (LAX and now Toronto) for the past 19 years and sure, some aspects of the job can be a bit boring (passenger processing) but I do not agree that the job is unimportant or mindless. I will give the benefit of the doubt to EscapeCBP and hope that he takes his job seriously and does miss the person that will make news on CNN and Fox after they kill our citizens. I hope he understands how important his job is and what it means to the American people.

                    Again, I think each CBP employee is entitled to their own opinion. I think those of you trying to get hired will find this agency rewarding and the sky is the limit. If you are squared away, you can make supervisor in 5 years or less and get a chief position a few years after. I would reccommend for any newer employees to go to HQ for 4 years and get your 14, make a name for yourself and return to the field as a section chief or APD.

                    Ok, enough wind...I know. Best of luck to all of you!

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by vqv123 View Post
                      This is on the wrong forum, but I know that some of you guys are former/current TSOs. I am wondering if the background investigation for TSA is the same as the one for CBPO (i.e. full on interview with references, etc.)?
                      You will have different Investigations and Investigators as they are two different clearances... with TSA/TSO not being so deep/intricate.
                      CBPO
                      Written: 08/29/2007
                      EOD: July 11, 2011

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by vqv123 View Post
                        This is on the wrong forum, but I know that some of you guys are former/current TSOs. I am wondering if the background investigation for TSA is the same as the one for CBPO (i.e. full on interview with references, etc.)?
                        No my man, CBP conducts a Single Scope Background Investigation, which is about as intensive as a local PD and is the same BI that is conducted prior to adjudicating a Top Secret security clearance in the DoD.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by SimiRob View Post
                          I've worked for CBP for about 19 years and I am a manager. Here is my take on EscapeCBP....

                          I think every port has employees much like Leave EscapeCBP. Years ago we called them nine-for-lifes, then more recently eleven-for-lifes and soon maybe twelve for lifes There will always be certain employees that have demonstrated poor work experience and will never be promoted to management (if that is the route they choose. Many good Officers choose to stay in the journeyman ranks which is perfectly fine). I have seen some promoted to supervisor that schocked me, but for the most part I would agree with the selections at my port.

                          Now I have not seen that many of EscapeCBP's previous posts, but for the most part he or she does seem to be respectful and is entitled to his or her opionion, even though I do not share the same thought. I can agree with him (I assume it is a him and will therefore refer to the poster as he or him) that if an applicant really wants hard core Law Enforcement, maybe they should pursue a career as a police officer. Is CBP a law enforcement agency? Of course it is. Is CBP a good job? I absolutely believe it is and I think the newer Officers that are presently (or at lest since 2003) being hired are really better than I have seen at anytime previously. I have worked in an airport environment (LAX and now Toronto) for the past 19 years and sure, some aspects of the job can be a bit boring (passenger processing) but I do not agree that the job is unimportant or mindless. I will give the benefit of the doubt to EscapeCBP and hope that he takes his job seriously and does miss the person that will make news on CNN and Fox after they kill our citizens. I hope he understands how important his job is and what it means to the American people.

                          Again, I think each CBP employee is entitled to their own opinion. I think those of you trying to get hired will find this agency rewarding and the sky is the limit. If you are squared away, you can make supervisor in 5 years or less and get a chief position a few years after. I would reccommend for any newer employees to go to HQ for 4 years and get your 14, make a name for yourself and return to the field as a section chief or APD.

                          Ok, enough wind...I know. Best of luck to all of you!
                          Thank you for chiming in, being that you have had a long career with CBP, but you are being very generous with this fellow!...
                          He has used about 5 different ID's to come in here and demean the JOB, the Agency, and it's employees, not to mention current applicants looking forward to joining the team with great enthusiasm. All the while calling people names and always reminding them that he has the job while we don't... Mind you that all of his rantings have suffered from the same poor writing skills, and this from a person that claims HE is far more qualified and has far more skill sets than any other person here. He has even gone after current CBP Officers, that are always available to give constructive input about the job and the process, in this thread.

                          Once again thank you Sir for your words of encouragement as to what goals we can set in our future careers, always a pleasure to hear from an experienced officer that enjoys his job!
                          CBPO
                          Written: 08/29/2007
                          EOD: July 11, 2011

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by SimiRob View Post
                            I've worked for CBP for about 19 years and I am a manager. Here is my take on EscapeCBP....

                            I think every port has employees much like Leave EscapeCBP. Years ago we called them nine-for-lifes, then more recently eleven-for-lifes and soon maybe twelve for lifes There will always be certain employees that have demonstrated poor work experience and will never be promoted to management (if that is the route they choose. Many good Officers choose to stay in the journeyman ranks which is perfectly fine). I have seen some promoted to supervisor that schocked me, but for the most part I would agree with the selections at my port.

                            Now I have not seen that many of EscapeCBP's previous posts, but for the most part he or she does seem to be respectful and is entitled to his or her opionion, even though I do not share the same thought. I can agree with him (I assume it is a him and will therefore refer to the poster as he or him) that if an applicant really wants hard core Law Enforcement, maybe they should pursue a career as a police officer. Is CBP a law enforcement agency? Of course it is. Is CBP a good job? I absolutely believe it is and I think the newer Officers that are presently (or at lest since 2003) being hired are really better than I have seen at anytime previously. I have worked in an airport environment (LAX and now Toronto) for the past 19 years and sure, some aspects of the job can be a bit boring (passenger processing) but I do not agree that the job is unimportant or mindless. I will give the benefit of the doubt to EscapeCBP and hope that he takes his job seriously and does miss the person that will make news on CNN and Fox after they kill our citizens. I hope he understands how important his job is and what it means to the American people.

                            Again, I think each CBP employee is entitled to their own opinion. I think those of you trying to get hired will find this agency rewarding and the sky is the limit. If you are squared away, you can make supervisor in 5 years or less and get a chief position a few years after. I would reccommend for any newer employees to go to HQ for 4 years and get your 14, make a name for yourself and return to the field as a section chief or APD.

                            Ok, enough wind...I know. Best of luck to all of you!

                            Thank you for your insight.

                            Comment


                            • Yoda,

                              I think you will be pleased once you begin your career with CBP. There are absolutely so many opportunities now that it is truly amazing. I was with another federal LE agency for 3 years before joining Customs (CBP) and with the military for 4 years prior to that. In each agency and in the military, I have seen my share of slugs. I don't think it is just federal, but in any work force you are bound to find the disbruntled employees that are just plain unhappy.

                              I think the journeyman GS-12 is fantastic and I am happy for the Officers/Agents/SPecialists.... I think it will help with retention. THink of a new employee starting at LAX and after 4 years they are making over 80k plus premium and overtime pay. I think it will be easy for that newer employee to make 95k or higher. Not too bad for 4 years in. Also take into considration the 401k (TSP...mine should be worth over a million when I retire in 12 years) and the enhanced retirement at 1.7% a year, things are looking better for the new employees. I know I sound like a recruiter, but I really do enjoy and appreciate my job. Once I get back to the states, I hope to have my teenagers, who have indicated that they would like to work for CBP, join an Explore Post and hopefully intern once they are juniors in college.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by SimiRob View Post
                                Yoda,

                                I think you will be pleased once you begin your career with CBP. There are absolutely so many opportunities now that it is truly amazing. I was with another federal LE agency for 3 years before joining Customs (CBP) and with the military for 4 years prior to that. In each agency and in the military, I have seen my share of slugs. I don't think it is just federal, but in any work force you are bound to find the disbruntled employees that are just plain unhappy.

                                I think the journeyman GS-12 is fantastic and I am happy for the Officers/Agents/SPecialists.... I think it will help with retention. THink of a new employee starting at LAX and after 4 years they are making over 80k plus premium and overtime pay. I think it will be easy for that newer employee to make 95k or higher. Not too bad for 4 years in. Also take into considration the 401k (TSP...mine should be worth over a million when I retire in 12 years) and the enhanced retirement at 1.7% a year, things are looking better for the new employees. I know I sound like a recruiter, but I really do enjoy and appreciate my job. Once I get back to the states, I hope to have my teenagers, who have indicated that they would like to work for CBP, join an Explore Post and hopefully intern once they are juniors in college.
                                I have a family member that has been with CBP since 2006, and he enjoys his work very much, and is already part of the SRT at his port. I know I would enjoy my work after my first couple of "grunt" years, as it has been stated so many times before, the job is what you make of it... Apparently some people don't seem to see it that way!...
                                Thank you so much for your insight, I'm sure all of us here appreciate your candor...
                                CBPO
                                Written: 08/29/2007
                                EOD: July 11, 2011

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 9717 users online. 366 members and 9351 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X