X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by pendingville View Post
    Add me to your tsu waiting list:

washington state - all others - pendingville 3/5/09

I just got off the horn with minneapolis due to my one year anniversary in tsu. I wanted to check to make sure everything is up to date, etc, etc. I asked the usual, has there been any movement in WA State - all others? To my surprise, for the first time in 1 year I actually heard a yes. Turns out they placed 3-4 for Seattle this month. @[email protected]# yeah, up moves the list.

Not sure where we are at exactly but I do know that before they stopped giving us that info, I did get one lady to tell me that Jan. 31st was the tsu entry date for the guy first on the list. Sooo, I'm sincerely hoping that this last little hire push took care of the February guys. Even if it didn't, it's nice to finally see SOME movement after a year of stagnation...
    I hope you're right, I've been waiting a long time for Washington - all others

TSU - 2/27/2009
    TO - 11/26/2007

Comment

• Ok, it seems that you are right about the rule change. Just got clarification from Minn. that they are using TO dates b/c many have had hickups in their pre-employment stuff. She also said that if there are applicants with the same date that they will use test scores and vet pref. points to determine who to call first.

So, in my case that actually really hurts me since I had no real snags in my pre-clearance.

Washington State - all other locations - pendingville
      TSU 03/05/2009
      TO 09/08/2008

Comment

So, in my case that actually really hurts me since I had no real snags in my pre-clearance.

TSU 03/05/2009
        TO 09/08/2008
        Pecachac post should give you an idea of what your timeframe is. Notice the TO date:

I hope you're right, I've been waiting a long time for Washington - all others

TSU - 2/27/2009
        TO - 11/26/2007
        CBPO East Texas
        TO: 3/3/09
        Pre-Emp Forms: 3/26/09
        Fitness: 4/6/09 -Passed
        Medical: 4/6/09 -Passed
        VBT: 4/7/09 -Passed
        Quals: (GS-7) 4/10/09 -Verified
        Drug Test: 4/17/09 -Passed
        BI: 8/27/09 -Cleared
        TSU: 8/27/09
        FCRA: 05/19/10
        BI Update: 6/16/10

Comment

• Originally posted by kc12 View Post
          Without going into too much detail, there is a lot of debate about the effectiveness of polys in the hiring process. Studies have shown that for specific investigations of crimes it can be an effective tool, but for general investigations into backgrounds it is less accurate. There is also the issue that is test is not admissible in court, so how accurate can the test really be. My personal experience shows that the test is very inaccurate.
          So it makes me wonder why so many agencies put so much weight into the tests. If an applicant is squeaky clean but registers a bad poly, they're out. I don't understand it. About 10 years ago I read a really interesting article about a new lie detector that images portions of the brain. If I ask you a question and you are going to tell the truth, you must REMEMBER the event. That triggers a particular portion of the brain, opposed to when you plan to CREATE and answer, which triggers an entirely different portion of the brain. They touted it as unbeatable and 100% effective. So where is it then? Has anyone else heard of it?

Comment

• Keep this in mind: CBP has few Poly examiners. They are only using these for a small percent, normally people they are on the fence about. So these are guys that have something that they find not quite right about the background. It should be no amazment that 60% are found not suitable. It should be more interesting that they hired 40% of people that on first blush are not suitable.
            Life is what happens while you are waiting for something better to come along.

Comment

Ok, it seems that you are right about the rule change. Just got clarification from Minn. that they are using TO dates b/c many have had hickups in their pre-employment stuff. She also said that if there are applicants with the same date that they will use test scores and vet pref. points to determine who to call first.

TSU 03/05/2009
              TO 09/08/2008
              yea this actually hurts me to..
              I just hope the TSU list doesnt expire or anything and eventually i will get the call.
              CBPO
              GEO - NY/JFK
              TO - 01/29/09
              TSU - 05/05/09

Background cleared on 6/10/09
              Expired 6/10/11
              Met with BI for second Bi 10/30/2011

Comment

• Originally posted by Rshen11 View Post
                yea this actually hurts me to..
                I just hope the TSU list doesnt expire or anything and eventually i will get the call.
                hurts me too.
                CBPO
                GEO - NY/JFK
                TEST - 03/08 (NOR: 04/08)

TO - 01/09
                PE Forms - Completed
                Fitness - Completed
                VBT - 03/09 - Completed
                Drug Screen - Completed
                Qual - 05/09 - Completed
                B.I. - 05/09 - Completed
                Medical - 05/09 - Completed
                TSU

EOD: ???
                FLETC: ???

Comment

• am I the only one with a tsu date in 2010?

Comment

• Originally posted by kc12 View Post
                    Without going into too much detail, there is a lot of debate about the effectiveness of polys in the hiring process. Studies have shown that for specific investigations of crimes it can be an effective tool, but for general investigations into backgrounds it is less accurate. There is also the issue that is test is not admissible in court, so how accurate can the test really be. My personal experience shows that the test is very inaccurate.
                    You said it.

I had to take one once for a previous job. The thing called me a liar.

I also know two more people who took them that registered "deceptive," when they told the truth.

The thing is very unreliable and is mostly used to scare people to confess before they even take the "test."

Comment

• http://wtop.com/?nid=104&sid=1910020

"To be able to give polygraphs to all new hires, Tomsheck estimated he would need another 50 full-time examiners.

By the end of the year, the agency will also face the challenge of doing the required five-year re-investigations of 19,000 employees whose evaluations will be overdue. Tomsheck estimated they would be able to do about half of them and noted that for budget reasons they had recently furloughed 99 people with law enforcement backgrounds who did the investigations. He asked Pryor to consider legislation that would give his office the authority to make polygraph tests part of the periodic re-investigations."

He said his goal was to eventually have continuous monitoring, "the never-ending background investigation, if you will.

So if there were 100 employees arrested out of 58,000 employees that equals .0017 of the work force. It sounds like we have a serious problem with corruption. It's time to break out the machine. "

Found this on the Delphi forums
                      CBPO
                      TSU 8/7/09 Washington Northern Border
                      T.O. 3/31/09
                      S7

FAM
                      Applied: 2/5/10
                      paperwork: 3/27/10
                      CO: Waiting

Comment

• Just heard from a buddy that a guy at his port (NY other geo) who injured himself at FLETC last year finally got another date to go back sometime next month. Not much but its something I guess...

Comment

• Just mailed back my FRCA acceptance. I'm glad they put the 5 year waiver in this time.
                          CBPO
                          GEO - NY/JFK
                          TEST - 03/08 (NOR: 04/08)

TO - 01/09
                          PE Forms - Completed
                          Fitness - Completed
                          VBT - 03/09 - Completed
                          Drug Screen - Completed
                          Qual - 05/09 - Completed
                          B.I. - 05/09 - Completed
                          Medical - 05/09 - Completed
                          TSU

EOD: ???
                          FLETC: ???

Comment

• Found a good article about trade rebounding in LA. This is good news since our jobs at the ports and land depend on trade.

http://www.latimes.com/business/la-f...,5050733.story
                            CBPO
                            TSU 8/7/09 Washington Northern Border
                            T.O. 3/31/09
                            S7

FAM
                            Applied: 2/5/10
                            paperwork: 3/27/10
                            CO: Waiting

Comment

• My boss at my current job is an ex LAAD Co. (Marine with a missle on his shoulder) and he still likes to hike summits and jerk off tarantulas in his spare time!
                              Timelines:

CBPO
                              App: 2/12/09
                              Geo: Revised; CA Long Beach, San Bernardino, L.A.
                              Written: 2/20/09
                              NOR: 3/2/09 (81 no vet pref.)
                              TO: ? (reached my 37th bday 9/09)

IEA
                              App: 5/5/09
                              Geo: San Diego
                              Written: 6/5/09 (75.8 no vet pref.)
                              NOR: 7/20/09
                              Faxed Documents: 7/7/09
                              TO: 10/6/09
                              Mailed Documents: 10/16/09
                              Oral Interview: 12/02/09 Passed

BPA
                              Geo: SW Border-El Centro/San Diego Area
                              App: 8/17/10
                              Written: 10/6 Passed (73 w/ no vet pref.)
                              TO: 11/10/10 (pre emp forms due 11/22)

Comment

• DCH,

That's wonderful news.
                                Le gra'sta De' a Theim.
                                Galic: By The Grace Of God Go I.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 13344 users online. 522 members and 12822 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X