300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• True.

I can't find exact training day numbers for the three (BP,IEA,CBPO) Spanish academies.

Add roughly 40 days of Spanish training for those PAs that need it, roughly 30 days of Spanish for CBPOs needing it and roughly 25 days of Spanish for IEAs needing it...from what I've been able to glean from various searches.

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
      Big move?

Would it be any bigger of a move then the change roughly 3 years back when OBP switched from a 91 day to ultimately a 55 day academy? If the BP was able to pull off dropping 36 training days from their basic program in roughly a year, without many problems to show for it, why would a merged basic academy likely be any different?

I'll say that rather substantial change is more or less a fact of life for at least the CBPO/BPA academies, especially of late...and as far as I can tell, it's something that usually goes through with few hangovers.
      Yea, I do think it's a bigger change. Changing a single academy's time with a single trainee is a matter of priorities; a certain subject gets assigned a value, and based on that it is either given some time for instruction, a little or no time and left for the field training to have them figure it out. Conglomerating three different types of academies and their priorities is more complex than that. Yes there is overlap, but that doesn't change how it would get taught to whom and where the emphasis is placed.

To me it sounds like an overhaul is needed to how the agency in general trains its new employees entirely; something that goes beyond just the academy. Field training, post academy and other 'new employee' aspects need to be looked at if they're going to output trainees for three agencies from a single academy.

And just so we're clear, I think that those challenges could be overcome. I just have a hard time believing that the people that get paid to make these decisions agree with me. I'd be totally behind it though.
      "Officer, you are kinda hot."

"And you are kinda intoxicated."

Comment

• Originally posted by biggdawgdaddy View Post
        Ok you caught us, "Gold Gym" is actually owned by the CIA and we are now able to fund several Government programs off the dues of people waiting in TSU. We would have hired you last year, but income tax collection is down.
        This made me laugh!!

Comment

• good news!

just an fyi for anyone who's interested...
          hope the link works

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcont...1.4b7f0f2.html
          "Veni, vidi, vici."

CBPO
          TEST - 03/02/09
          NOR - 03/05/09 (95%)
          TO - 04/06/09
          FORMS - 04/21/09
          MED/FIT - 04/29/09
          DRUG TEST - 05/05/09
          QUALS - 05/12/09 (GS-5)
          VBT - 05/21/09 passed 06/12/09
          BI - Met 06/24/09 cleared 08/14/09
          TSU - 08/14/09
          The "Call" - 01/14/11
          EOD - 02/07/11
          FLETC - 02/23/11 - 06/28/11

BPA
          TEST - 12/13/10
          NOR - 12/20/10 (93%)

"Find something you would be willing to die for and live for that."

Comment

• Originally posted by koalica View Post
            hope the link works

Dear Lord, I have never asked for much.....

I have an application in the hopper for Laredo also, so surely between East Texas and Laredo it would have to happen if this were passed.

The main thing I don't like in that article is seeing that a letter was sent to Nancy Pelosi. If there is anybody that would stand in the way of something like this, it would be her.
            CBPO East Texas
            TO: 3/3/09
            Pre-Emp Forms: 3/26/09
            Fitness: 4/6/09 -Passed
            Medical: 4/6/09 -Passed
            VBT: 4/7/09 -Passed
            Quals: (GS-7) 4/10/09 -Verified
            Drug Test: 4/17/09 -Passed
            BI: 8/27/09 -Cleared
            TSU: 8/27/09
            FCRA: 05/19/10
            BI Update: 6/16/10

Comment

Last edited by waitingny; 11-21-2011, 09:34 AM. Reason: deleted

Comment

• Originally posted by koalica View Post
                hope the link works

Very good news I think, or hope atleast!!
                TO-6/16/08
                TSU-E.TX 12/01/08

Comment

• we need more of this. write your senators and congressman.

Comment

• I'm going to be in DC next week to visit my college friends and I'm thinking very seriously about dropping off a letter detailing my CBP application experience with my state's new senator, Scott Brown. With his current popularity and interest in Homeland Security, I wonder if he can do anything for people like us who have been waiting for so long.
                    "He made the night a little brighter where ever he would go. The old lamplighter of long, long ago."

Comment

• Originally posted by Lamp Lighter View Post
                      I'm going to be in DC next week to visit my college friends and I'm thinking very seriously about dropping off a letter detailing my CBP application experience with my state's new senator, Scott Brown. With his current popularity and interest in Homeland Security, I wonder if he can do anything for people like us who have been waiting for so long.
                      I just handed my business card to Mitt Romney. I should have brought up my experience so that he could have not remembered that instead.
                      CBPO
                      GEO - NY/JFK
                      TEST - 03/08 (NOR: 04/08)

TO - 01/09
                      PE Forms - Completed
                      Fitness - Completed
                      VBT - 03/09 - Completed
                      Drug Screen - Completed
                      Qual - 05/09 - Completed
                      B.I. - 05/09 - Completed
                      Medical - 05/09 - Completed
                      TSU

EOD: ???
                      FLETC: ???

Comment

• Originally posted by TuffStuffCBP View Post
                        I just handed my business card to Mitt Romney. I should have brought up my experience so that he could have not remembered that instead.
                        Haha. Well, I campaigned for Brown pretty heavily in my area. That's gotta count for something. Worst case scenario: I drop off a letter and I never hear anything back from his office. Having worked for a congressman I know how easily constituent letters get written off. But there's nothing to lose here.
                        "He made the night a little brighter where ever he would go. The old lamplighter of long, long ago."

Comment

• I doubt that will do anything.

Comment

• There have been some interesting stories that come from applicants that are stuck in limbo for a while that somehow get a politician's attention. Next thing they know they hear back with definitive answers and actions toute suite. I've always wondered if they are true.
                            "Officer, you are kinda hot."

"And you are kinda intoxicated."

Comment

• Originally posted by Darth Vader View Post
                              Hello , I was just wondering how everyone is doing with the 220 yard run? I'm avg. between 44 and 43 secs.
                              Where have you been running the 220 at? I don't have a track near me, so I got in my car and drove until it marked .1 mile on the odometer. I know this is not accurate, as 220 yards is .125 miles, but from where I measured I am averaging the same time.

Comment

• it's a size of 2 football field plus 20 more yards.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4955 users online. 233 members and 4722 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X