• Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by EscapeCBP
    FROM WELCOME to AMERICA
    Stamp, stamp
    And you seperate the law enforcment function from the TSA [no disrespect]
    searching function
    And you stop hiring people [simply review the many posts from the past]
    who want to be customer service reps ,or work in a sleepy Port .

OUR AGENCY WILL remain a joke.
    A high paid joke but a joke none the less .
    JUST WATCH THE VIDEO from JFK it is a hoot but it is the TRUE CBP STORY
    I work for OBP not OFO, so I really don't have a dog in this fight, but I must ask... If you are so disgruntled and hate your job so much, why do you still work for CBP? IMHO, a slug that works at a high paying government job is far worse than any welfare leech. As a GS-11 (GS-12 next year) you take home far more than a "welfare queen" with a bunch of kids. Instead of constantly bitching and complaining, how about earning the salary that the government pays you every two weeks?

I know several people in OFO that make some pretty impressive seizures. The work is there if you want to work. I think if you focused your energy into working instead of complaining your career would be a lot more rewarding. If you really want to change things then you would accomplish a lot more by promoting and putting forth new ideas then you would by whining on an internet forum. It seems like there have been a lot of changes lately to try and make OFO more LE oriented. IMHO, this is a good thing. Besides, if it bothers you so much that OFO is not LE-oriented enough, why do you go out of your way to try and belittle and discourage any applicants who want to get the job to actually work and do enforcement?

Seriously guy, if you hate the job so much go work someplace else. If you do so, I would suggest that you have somebody else with a better grasp of the English language write your resume for you.

Have a great day.

Comment

• Originally posted by BigPat View Post
      I work for OBP not OFO, so I really don't have a dog in this fight, but I must ask... If you are so disgruntled and hate your job so much, why do you still work for CBP? IMHO, a slug that works at a high paying government job is far worse than any welfare leech. As a GS-11 (GS-12 next year) you take home far more than a "welfare queen" with a bunch of kids. Instead of constantly bitching and complaining, how about earning the salary that the government pays you every two weeks?

I know several people in OFO that make some pretty impressive seizures. The work is there if you want to work. I think if you focused your energy into working instead of complaining your career would be a lot more rewarding. If you really want to change things then you would accomplish a lot more by promoting and putting forth new ideas then you would by whining on an internet forum. It seems like there have been a lot of changes lately to try and make OFO more LE oriented. IMHO, this is a good thing. Besides, if it bothers you so much that OFO is not LE-oriented enough, why do you go out of your way to try and belittle and discourage any applicants who want to get the job to actually work and do enforcement?

Seriously guy, if you hate the job so much go work someplace else. If you do so, I would suggest that you have somebody else with a better grasp of the English language write your resume for you.

Have a great day.
      ++++++++1
      I just have to say BRAVO SIR!...Well said!
      CBPO
      Written: 08/29/2007
      EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by USMC0844 View Post
        You are in the unfortunate group that is behind the backlog. I am not aware of any TOs that have gone out to early 09 testers. They are still working off of the 07/08 testers of which there appears to be at least 1000 of us in TSU. I would not anticipate any TOs going out until the current "charlie foxtrot" is cleared up.
        Does anyone actually have an educated guess on how many people are in TSU? I spoke to a high rank CBP officer that stated he heard there would be 1,100-1,200 people hired this year. If there are only 1,000 people in TSU, that would be awesome. I have a bad feeling there's a lot more than that.

Comment

• Pat--That's been stated several times by the currently serving CBPO's in this thread. Unfortunately it falls on deaf ears. Thanks for the input though. Many on here have quit responding to this person simply because he is a very disgruntled employee and is not here to add anything to the discussion.

Where have you been? It's been a long time since you posted last.
          But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object, evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new guards for their future security.

For the intelectually challenged: If the government screws the people enough, it is the right and responsibility of the people to revolt and form a new government.

Comment

• Originally posted by tippmann87 View Post
            Does anyone actually have an educated guess on how many people are in TSU? I spoke to a high rank CBP officer that stated he heard there would be 1,100-1,200 people hired this year. If there are only 1,000 people in TSU, that would be awesome. I have a bad feeling there's a lot more than that.
            wow, thats a huge number, how credible is your source? Hiring that many will clear all of 07-08 TO's, and a huge chunck of 09 TO's. It just sounds to good to be true lol....

Comment

• I wonder if the events of Sec. Napolitano's meeting with the Senate subcommittee on Feb 25th will have any bearing on hiring for this fiscal year. I know that the meeting was regarding budgeting and hiring projections for FY 2011. However, with the subcommittee calling the current amount of officers and agents (or lack there of) "dangerous" and "unsustainable" and with border security at ports of entry and non-POE being a national security issue I think that it could be possible to see a short term effect.

What do you guys think? I know Congress is completely inept, but maybe something could happen here.
              Last edited by Lamp Lighter; 03-04-2010, 07:51 AM.
              "He made the night a little brighter where ever he would go. The old lamplighter of long, long ago."

Comment

• Ahhh! Forget it. This is getting ridiculous.
                Last edited by imlikeaninja; 03-04-2010, 08:15 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by dezertdude6 View Post
                  For you guys who had to redo your Credit (Ant and Dogz) did your B.I. go back to "pending" on CASS and were you removed from TSU?? I experienced this last week and tried getting to the bottom of it but no one could tell me anything. This question is for anyone else who was in the same situation as well!?
                  A few weeks back a bunch of people where talking about this, you might want to search the forum. As I recall when they re do your credit you are pulled from TSU and CASS goes into pending. If you go back and read the thread there is much more detail.

Comment

• Originally posted by ifoCBP View Post
                    A few weeks back a bunch of people where talking about this, you might want to search the forum. As I recall when they re do your credit you are pulled from TSU and CASS goes into pending. If you go back and read the thread there is much more detail.
                    ifocbp is right, your CASS will turn to pending and you will be pulled from TSU. Once you pass you will be placed back in line in the same spot. Now eventhogh you are pulled from TSU, however, if your next in line for the offer you WILL NOT lose that offer. You will still get the call and the offer. All you have to do is have the credit report checked and cleared before you can EOD. same goes for pt testing and anything else that can get switched to pending.
                    CBPO

Comment

• East Texas

Based on Anthony's list, I have attempted to contact all of the East Texas applicants and determine their TO dates. A couple did not respond and two did not appear to have active profiles on either site. The end result is that based on TO date, the East Texas list stayed in roughly the same order as the TSU. Of course this is subject to change based on test scores, but for the most part, the shift to TO date created no major shake ups on the list of people who post on these forums.

CBPO East Texas
                      TO: 3/3/09
                      Pre-Emp Forms: 3/26/09
                      Fitness: 4/6/09 -Passed
                      Medical: 4/6/09 -Passed
                      VBT: 4/7/09 -Passed
                      Quals: (GS-7) 4/10/09 -Verified
                      Drug Test: 4/17/09 -Passed
                      BI: 8/27/09 -Cleared
                      TSU: 8/27/09
                      FCRA: 05/19/10
                      BI Update: 6/16/10

Comment

• Very nice, USMC.
                        "He made the night a little brighter where ever he would go. The old lamplighter of long, long ago."

Comment

Based on Anthony's list, I have attempted to contact all of the East Texas applicants and determine their TO dates. A couple did not respond and two did not appear to have active profiles on either site. The end result is that based on TO date, the East Texas list stayed in roughly the same order as the TSU. Of course this is subject to change based on test scores, but for the most part, the shift to TO date created no major shake ups on the list of people who post on these forums.

good job! now u want to do that for my whole list..lol
                          CBPO

Comment

• Originally posted by anthony30 View Post
                            good job! now u want to do that for my whole list..lol
                            LOL

Northern VA. TO 2/3/09 TSU 9/3/09 sag227

Comment

As far as I know, one person has skipped me for sure. He has a late '07 TO and had a TSU date of like 03/09. For my sake (and everybody elses for that matter), I hope he's the only one!!
                              TO-6/16/08
                              TSU-E.TX 12/01/08

Comment

• Originally posted by SSG_MP View Post
                                wow, thats a huge number, how credible is your source? Hiring that many will clear all of 07-08 TO's, and a huge chunck of 09 TO's. It just sounds to good to be true lol....
                                I don't know how accurate that number is. They guy I spoke to also mentioned that CBP was building an academy in harpers ferry WV. He said once CBP starts training out of WV they may be combining CBP, border patrol and ICE into one agency.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6480 users online. 350 members and 6130 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X