300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bflogirl View Post
    sending my credit forms back but I have a feeling I'm going to get a NOPA from it and this might be the end. My husband has been out of work and it's hurt our credit.
    sucks but that's life I guess.
    Even if you do get a NOPA, fight it over something like credit during a recession. Don't give up.
    CBPO
    GEO - NY/JFK
    TEST - 03/08 (NOR: 04/08)

TO - 01/09
    PE Forms - Completed
    Fitness - Completed
    VBT - 03/09 - Completed
    Drug Screen - Completed
    Qual - 05/09 - Completed
    B.I. - 05/09 - Completed
    Medical - 05/09 - Completed
    TSU

EOD: ???
    FLETC: ???

Comment

Last edited by imlikeaninja; 03-04-2010, 06:37 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by TuffStuffCBP View Post
        I'm not sure how many of you read the other forums, but this is an article about how the Senate committee excoriated Napolitano for being completely "inept" and "totally incompetant" to perform the functions of her position.

They bring up how desperately officers and agents need to be hired and how upset they are with pay increases for bureaucrats at the expense of new hires and rampant attrition.
        You know it's bad when the Congress sits you down and tells you that you don't know your *** from your elbow. Haha. I'm glad her ineptitude is finally getting some attention.

Seriously, this was a great article. Hopefully it will mean that the agency will move in the right direction: badges not bureaucrats.
        "He made the night a little brighter where ever he would go. The old lamplighter of long, long ago."

Comment

• Originally posted by EscapeCBP
          Just for your information CBP does not have mailrooms. Of course since you have never WORKED in any LEO job what would you know.
          They do have some officers stationed at UPS hubs
          And some in what you would call mail rooms given your lack of information
          And in fact an officer working a post office is looking for contra band .
          And unlike you who will be stationed Welcoming people to America and stamping passports ,do make siezures rather boring but much like anywhere else in CBP.
          Actually, CBP does have mail rooms. There is one in DC Headquarters and the Field Offices also have one.

FB

Comment

Last edited by imlikeaninja; 03-04-2010, 06:37 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by bflogirl View Post
              sending my credit forms back but I have a feeling I'm going to get a NOPA from it and this might be the end. My husband has been out of work and it's hurt our credit.
              sucks but that's life I guess.
              It is s stupid rule to determine if someone is worthy of a job based upon their credit. This is such a discrimatory practice many states are attempting to to outlaw it. So fight this dude, you may have more lea-way than you think.
              CBPO
              TSU 8/7/09 Washington Northern Border
              T.O. 3/31/09
              S7

FAM
              Applied: 2/5/10
              paperwork: 3/27/10
              CO: Waiting

Comment

• Originally posted by Hieroglyph83 View Post
                It is s stupid rule to determine if someone is worthy of a job based upon their credit. This is such a discrimatory practice many states are attempting to to outlaw it. So fight this dude, you may have more lea-way than you think.
                I would agree for some jobs. However, your ability to handle your finances speaks directly to responsibility. They will take into account things like medical issues, divorce, and layoffs. You just need to be able to explain how you got in the pickle and how you are going to fix the issue. Also, in this job bad credit can increase your susceptibility to corruption.

FB

Comment

• What is this video from JFK that you guys are talking about?
                  "He made the night a little brighter where ever he would go. The old lamplighter of long, long ago."

Comment

• Originally posted by Lamp Lighter View Post
                    What is this video from JFK that you guys are talking about?
                    I don't know HTJ keeps bringing up some video or something thats supposed to make us all feel bad about ourselves.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hieroglyph83 View Post
                      I will do my best! I can understand their reasoning to a degree on it but we'll see what happens. Just will suck if it is all over after this but such is life!
                      CBPO
                      Test: July 2008
                      TO: 12/26/08
                      VBT 1/21/09-passed
                      Medical - 1/21/09 - cleared 4/28
                      Fitness - 1/21/09 - passed
                      Drug test - 2/5/09- passed
                      BI - Cleared
                      TSU -4/29/09 (Buffalo)
                      BI2 - cleared 8/11

ICE Special Agent
                      Test 7/22/09 passed

Comment

• The video is pretty funny. I am actually sad to say that CBP does have quite a few managers that act like that. Not 1 enforcement bone in them. I hope our new AC turns that around.
                        Don't tase me bro!!

Comment

• Originally posted by EscapeCBP
                          Did yours have any profanity bleeped out ? Not a big deal just a word or two.
                          I heard there is an unedited version .
                          Again I swear I laughed so hard . There is suppose to be quite a few more out there .
                          No, I got the unedited version. It might might be in my inbox. I'll check tomorrow.
                          Don't tase me bro!!

Comment

• There are 20,000+ CBPOs and 327 ports out there. As big and as diverse as we are, it's not really all that suprising that someone, somewhere can find some dumbass situation to videotape.

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
                              There are 20,000+ CBPOs and 327 ports out there. As big and as diverse as we are, it's not really all that suprising that someone, somewhere can find some dumbass situation to videotape.
                              It's an animation poking fun at JFK management. It's a little over the top, but it's funny. We've all had a supervisor or Chief like the one being made fun of. It's not a dig on CBP as a whole. If I still have it I'll send it to you.
                              Don't tase me bro!!

Comment

• Originally posted by qixfeet View Post
                                It's an animation poking fun at JFK management. It's a little over the top, but it's funny. We've all had a supervisor or Chief like the one being made fun of. It's not a dig on CBP as a whole. If I still have it I'll send it to you.

Oh...obviously I've not seen it.

"Escape da Jackel" had me thinking it was something based in fact. Silly me, I should've realized that this video, like most of the other so-called "facts" posted by the CBP haters on here, would ultimately turn out to be a work of fiction.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6527 users online. 350 members and 6177 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X