300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SDCBP View Post
    Hey San Diego applicants I was curious what are your guys TO dates ??? Mind is April 9, 2009.

TSU: 04/29/09-VAL D
    TSU 7/31/09-BOLTS56
    tsu 9/28/09-westcoast
    tsu-11/13/09-veen25
    TSU-9/15/09-SDCBP
    Last edited by Thoughtless; 07-16-2011, 09:28 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by audi0xpl0de View Post
      Yep, we have them in our office. They were all ready to retire, heard about the 12, now are stating they will be around for 3 more years to bump their high 3.
      You would have to hang out more than 3 years to make it worth it, only about 5 grand difference. You may get a step before you would make as much watching Opera as jumping trunks.
      Life is what happens while you are waiting for something better to come along.

Comment

• Originally posted by audi0xpl0de View Post
        Yep, we have them in our office. They were all ready to retire, heard about the 12, now are stating they will be around for 3 more years to bump their high 3.
        Oh...I'm sure they'll be some electing to stay on longer.

In a port with limited OT I can see where it might allow for a clear advantage retirement-pay-wise by staying around an additional 3 years. Also, I could see some of those wavering on the edge of retirement deciding to grab an 8-4 Mon.-Fri. gig for the last few years...with the idea that the new 12's would more or less offset the loss of Sun. pay and the differentials.

Still, I'm willing to bet that the numbers staying on aren't going to be all that high. Although, it may be true that with the new 12's coming and the addition of the higher % coming from 12D retirement, I may well be wrong.

FYI, for those interested...GS-12 pay has been pushed back until at least September. Nobody (retiring or not) should be thinking of spending that money until it's firmly in your hand...or at least your bank account.

Comment

• Originally posted by robeans View Post
          LEAP is written specificly for Criminal Investigators.
          True. On the other hand, what's stopping CBP from changing the job series numbers and turning all 1896s and/or 1895s into 1811s? It wasn't all that long ago many of us were working the job as 1890 CIs and 1816 IIs. That all changed in less than 3 years post-911. Who's to say it couldn't happen again?

Or on a more difficult note, they could always amend the law that established LEAP.

Not that I think either is very likely, but it seems to me that it wouldn't take all that much effort to bring about...if that indeed was part of the overall plan.

Comment

• I heard that Chiefs were not going to go up to GS 14's because they would lose money, not being able to earn night differential, double pay OT, etc..

Comment

• Supposedly, some 13s will be moving up to 14's, depending of the complexity of their jobs.

My guess would be that would mean those 13 PD's and others with added responsibilities would move up, while the run-of-the-mill 13 would stay put.

Only my guess though...

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
                True. On the other hand, what's stopping CBP from changing the job series numbers and turning all 1896s and/or 1895s into 1811s? It wasn't all that long ago many of us were working the job as 1890 CIs and 1816 IIs. That all changed in less than 3 years post-911. Who's to say it couldn't happen again?

Or on a more difficult note, they could always amend the law that established LEAP.

Not that I think either is very likely, but it seems to me that it wouldn't take all that much effort to bring about...if that indeed was part of the overall plan.
                That is one thing that will never happen.

Comment

• just a question, anyone here get any packets recently? or emails of a tentative offer?

Comment

• Originally posted by ford123 View Post
                    That is one thing that will never happen.
                    I more or less agree.

Though saying "never" always seems to turn around and bite me, especially on this job. There always seems to be that 1 in 20,000 chance that pops up and is tossed back into in my face.

Comment

Oh...I'm sure they'll be some electing to stay on longer.

In a port with limited OT I can see where it might allow for a clear advantage retirement-pay-wise by staying around an additional 3 years. Also, I could see some of those wavering on the edge of retirement deciding to grab an 8-4 Mon.-Fri. gig for the last few years...with the idea that the new 12's would more or less offset the loss of Sun. pay and the differentials.

Still, I'm willing to bet that the numbers staying on aren't going to be all that high. Although, it may be true that with the new 12's coming and the addition of the higher % coming from 12D retirement, I may well be wrong.

FYI, for those interested...GS-12 pay has been pushed back until at least September. Nobody (retiring or not) should be thinking of spending that money until it's firmly in your hand...or at least your bank account.
                      Well, there are other factors as well.

I will not go in to specifics right now, but I heard that 30 officers are looking to put in their papers in our Cargo operation due to a new policy that is in effect...

So many variables...

Comment

• Originally posted by onlyroko View Post
                        just a question, anyone here get any packets recently? or emails of a tentative offer?
                        no

Comment

• Originally posted by ford123 View Post
                          Well, there are other factors as well.

I will not go in to specifics right now, but I heard that 30 officers are looking to put in their papers in our Cargo operation due to a new policy that is in effect...

So many variables...
                          What new policy?

FB

Comment

Supposedly, some 13s will be moving up to 14's, depending of the complexity of their jobs.

My guess would be that would mean those 13 PD's and others with added responsibilities would move up, while the run-of-the-mill 13 would stay put.

Only my guess though...
                            OPM has to go through a re-classification process to increase grade level of supervision that it does not have to do with rank and file.

FB

Comment

How did LEAP even come up? Why wouldn't they use AUO? This thread is getting very tin foilish.

Comment

• Originally posted by Firebug View Post
                                What new policy?

FB
                                Making Cargo, and other Teams/Units stamp for one week a month.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5883 users online. 293 members and 5590 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X