Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've seen it in North Dakota and Montana too.

They're really not doing our job though, not from what I've seen. It really isn't Border Patrol's either. It's more like they're doing more of their state/local enforcement activities, they're just doing them along the border while keeping an open eye out for stuff to call Border Patrol in on. At least that's been my experience.

Comment

• Knock it off... This is a recruitment / hiring discussion area, not a penis measuring contest... Lets tone down the rhetoric - and get back on topic... no need to report adults simply to brring us back on track...

As for any info on status, I have heard they may start bringing classes back into session April? A few are waiting for class dates that fell out of prior classes and that is the word they have received...

As we all know - just a waiting game.

Best of success all!
      Live to work... or Work to live - YOUR Choice.

Comment

• Dont feed the Jackel!

Oops I meant troll.

Comment

• I guess we've just got to love the CBP haters.

Really, truthfully, there are enough things wrong with the agency that we could go on for hours with legitimate concerns and complaints. The assine thing here is that they're not willing to settle with just bringing up real, honest issues. They've got to sink to the level of inventing crap to throw about.

Comment

• Must.........resist.........feeding..........the.. .........trolls...........I..............can...... ......do................it!
            But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object, evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new guards for their future security.

For the intelectually challenged: If the government screws the people enough, it is the right and responsibility of the people to revolt and form a new government.

Comment

• Originally posted by EscapeCBP
              GREAT NEWS today You would not want to work at CBP without a Union !

Even after the arbitrator found in our favor and FLRA upheld the decision, we had to go through long discussions to get CBP to actually implement the legally binding order. Here is the core of the settlement.

Every employee from the prior NTEU-Customs legacy unit--who was under the negotiated award program and who still works for CBP today--will receive compensation for each year he or she did not received an award pursuant to the unilateral award system management implemented. The years include 2005 thru 2009. There are four minor exceptions, e.g., the employee was disciplined that year, was on a PIP, etc. The amount to be paid will be one-half the amount of the average award CBP paid that year. So, if the average annual award in 2006 was $900 everyone who did not receive such an award will get $450 for that year. The five-year individual award amounts range from $454 to $2,419 in total.
              You should quit CBP in protest. That would teach them a lesson.
              Luck is where preparation meets opportunity. - Seneca

Comment

• I wouldn't say I put all my eggs in one basket. I have applied to a few different departments and agencies. The fact of the matter is that the processes for many if not all LE jobs are slow and painful. And despite that this is a fact, it does not mean any of us have to like it. There will be days I will come on here like others to complain. I just hope the job is worth it in the end. Trolls don't make this process any easier for applicants. We have enough to deal with.
                "He made the night a little brighter where ever he would go. The old lamplighter of long, long ago."

Comment

• the call

i assure you the call will come. I took 8 law enforcement exams in addition to the cbp exam when i got out of the military. After being with cbp for 2 years, all but 1 agency called me back for an interview or pt test to start there process. I turned them all down because i wasnt about to leave a job that will eventually pay me 100k a year to do very little work
                  "Just another day in paradise"

Comment

• Hey guys,

Have a question, if a person decides to join the military (active duty) for four years (no prior experience) after reaching TSU, what happens their TSU position? Will they still be in the system, or will they have to start the process over again?
                    Last edited by 1Lnation; 02-26-2010, 11:16 AM.
                    Test: November 2008
                    TO: 12/26/08
                    Qualifications: 1/09/09-completed
                    VBT 1/21/09-completed
                    Medical - 1/22/09 - cleared 3/09
                    Fitness - 1/22/09 - completed
                    Drug test - 7/1/2009 completed
                    BI - 6/22/2009 Met with Investigator
                    TSU- Referred to Schedule 12/1/2009

Geographic Location- San Francisco/Oakland Airport

Comment

• Originally posted by 1Lnation View Post
                      Hey guys,

Have a question, if a person decides to join the military (active duty) for four years (no prior experience) after reaching TSU, what happens their TSU position? Will they still be in the system, or will they have to start the process over again?
                      If you join the military active duty, you are accepting other employment. You will stay in TSU until the day you get the call. When they call, the will offer you an EOD date. If your resonse is "I still have 2.5 years left in the military." the will say thank you and please apply again during the next open announcement. If you don' t get the call for 4 years, you are good to go. A lot of the people on here that are military are currently deployed, but eligible for discharge (and other employment) as soon as they get back.
                      CBPO East Texas
                      TO: 3/3/09
                      Pre-Emp Forms: 3/26/09
                      Fitness: 4/6/09 -Passed
                      Medical: 4/6/09 -Passed
                      VBT: 4/7/09 -Passed
                      Quals: (GS-7) 4/10/09 -Verified
                      Drug Test: 4/17/09 -Passed
                      BI: 8/27/09 -Cleared
                      TSU: 8/27/09
                      FCRA: 05/19/10
                      BI Update: 6/16/10

Comment

• does any currently cbpo where you can check to see if any other cbpo are willing to swap etc??
                        "Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem." President Ronald Reagan.

Comment

• Originally posted by soto2635 View Post
                          does any currently cbpo where you can check to see if any other cbpo are willing to swap etc??
                          The Delphi forums board has a section for officer seeking port swaps.
                          CBPO East Texas
                          TO: 3/3/09
                          Pre-Emp Forms: 3/26/09
                          Fitness: 4/6/09 -Passed
                          Medical: 4/6/09 -Passed
                          VBT: 4/7/09 -Passed
                          Quals: (GS-7) 4/10/09 -Verified
                          Drug Test: 4/17/09 -Passed
                          BI: 8/27/09 -Cleared
                          TSU: 8/27/09
                          FCRA: 05/19/10
                          BI Update: 6/16/10

Comment

• Originally posted by soto2635 View Post
                            does any currently cbpo where you can check to see if any other cbpo are willing to swap etc??
                            http://forums.delphiforums.com/customsinspect/messages

There is a whole section in the middle left under messages called "Port Swap Wanted" good luck.

Comment

• Originally posted by woodster11x View Post
                              i assure you the call will come. I took 8 law enforcement exams in addition to the cbp exam when i got out of the military. After being with cbp for 2 years, all but 1 agency called me back for an interview or pt test to start there process. I turned them all down because i wasnt about to leave a job that will eventually pay me 100k a year to do very little work
                              So what is average pay for CBP officer? I know it depends on city/state but seeing 100k brought a smile to my face.

Comment

• gs-5 = 31,xxx plus endless overtime
                                "Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem." President Ronald Reagan.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4563 users online. 270 members and 4293 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X