300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by GitmoVet View Post
    So how many other people put in for VT because it was listed as a need to fill spot and they were hoping no one else would want to go there? I'm from that area, sort of, but that was pretty much my reasoning.
    Given what I saw for choices(MT, ND, eastern WA, et al) in the 'need to fill' spots, VT was one of...if not the best of what was offered. IMO;FWIW.

Comment

• Does anyone know if Miami is currently in hiring status for CBPO? Ive completed everything on CASS excluding background and qualifications for GS-7... just wondering if anyone at FLETC or anyone waiting for a response for Miami has heard anything. Its only been about 6 months since my test date, just anxious to find out what the deal is...

Thanks.
      Day one at CBP: Aug 4th, 2008
      Day one at FLETC: Sept 3, 2008 Class 863
      Graduated Dec 18, 2008

Its game on from here....

Comment

• Is anyone familiar with the Pennsylvania geographic location? I tested in 03/08 and scored a 90 on my test, GS-7. I and received a tentative offer about three weeks ago. I live about 20 miles south of Pittsburgh and was wondering what my chances of getting stationed there are. Because I could only select Pennsylvania as my duty location… am I pretty much destined for Philadelphia?

I also scored a 95.6 GS-7 on the ICE Agent test... just got the results a couple days ago. Anyone have any input on what the chances of me getting Pittsburgh, PA are?

Comment

• Originally posted by gms632 View Post
          Is anyone familiar with the Pennsylvania geographic location? I tested in 03/08 and scored a 90 on my test, GS-7. I and received a tentative offer about three weeks ago. I live about 20 miles south of Pittsburgh and was wondering what my chances of getting stationed there are. Because I could only select Pennsylvania as my duty location… am I pretty much destined for Philadelphia?

I also scored a 95.6 GS-7 on the ICE Agent test... just got the results a couple days ago. Anyone have any input on what the chances of me getting Pittsburgh, PA are?
          Hey gms632, like you I tested in March and scored a 90, GS-7, with a PA geo. location. Got my TO on 5/22. If selected, you'll be stationed at PHL airport. I live 45 mins south of Philly. A guy I used to work with at TSA is moved from around your area in Belle Vernon to the Philly suburbs. He liked it out here and became one of my good friends. So plan on moving out to the eastern part of the state if you get through and take the job. Good luck man.
          ICE IEA Philadelphia FO (Dingmans Ferry, PA)
          Written: 5/15/08
          NOR: 5/20/08
          TO: 10/28/08
          Medical/Drug Test: Cleared from CBP
          Fitness: 2/02/09
          BI: 3/15/09
          OB: 4/24
          EOD: 7/27
          FLETC: 7/29 (Class 928)

CBPO Pennsylvania
          Written: 3/15/08
          NOR: 4/2/08
          TO: 5/22/08
          Pre-Emp Forms: 6/2/08
          Fitness/Medical: 6/18/08
          VBT: 6/30/08
          Drug Test: 7/10/08
          Quals: (GS-7) 7/23/08
          Met w/ BI: 9/24/08
          BI submitted: 10/10/08
          TSU: 4/2/09
          Removed from TSU (med/fit): 6/4
          EOD:

Comment

• Hello Everyone,
            I'd like to know who in here tested on September 2007 at Long Beach and still has not gotten an offer? I met with my BI in late December and CASS says it's still in the Security Office, I really don't understand why it has taken so long for them to clear me... Given the Fact that I have NO criminal record, and I don't have BAD credit, plus they have talked with everyone I know...even before they met with me in December....
            Has someone experienced anything like this?
            Thank you, and sorry for venting
            CBPO
            Written: 08/29/2007
            EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• Many people experience a slow process for some odd reason. Fortunately for myself I was not one of those (Finished everything in 3 months from date of TO) You could always call up MHS and ask what your status is because CASS maybe inaccurate or not updated. Good Luck!

Comment

• Originally posted by yoda View Post
                Hello Everyone,
                I'd like to know who in here tested on September 2007 at Long Beach and still has not gotten an offer? I met with my BI in late December and CASS says it's still in the Security Office, I really don't understand why it has taken so long for them to clear me... Given the Fact that I have NO criminal record, and I don't have BAD credit, plus they have talked with everyone I know...even before they met with me in December....
                Has someone experienced anything like this?
                Thank you, and sorry for venting
                Well, Yoda I'm also in the same boat. I completed my background interview back in Nov. and in CASS it still says that it's in the security office. I have no criminal record and a good credit history as well. So I have no idea what the hold up is. According to the info. I has read the BI usually only takes 6 months to complete unless issues arise. However, I haven't been contacted regarding any issues.

Comment

• Anyone have any insight into how long it takes to transfer within a geographic district once appointed? I understand it probably varies on a case to case basis... but in general.

Thanks.

Comment

• I have called several times to see if I can find out anything, and the answer keeps coming in the same..."It takes from 3 to 6 months for a BI to clear, and once it's in the hands of the Investigator we have no information on what problems there might be... just keep checking, that's all you can do"... isn't that just great
                    CBPO
                    Written: 08/29/2007
                    EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• Hi Yoda,

Same here. Tested Feb 07 downtown LA. Background started mid December 07, and as of today still shows in the security office. There quite a few people on the forums that have waited 18 to 24 months for the job, so I wouldn't worry too much. I keep telling myself that they must be pushing people through faster that have geo preferences besides Los Angeles. I have no idea if that is true or not, but it makes me feel better.

It wouldn't hurt to apply for other jobs as well. There are some that will allow you to use your CBPO background, and qualifications. IEA is one of them.

Good Luck to you, and maybe I'll see you at FLETC, or the port someday.
                      ICE IEA

May 08 Written Test
                      Feb 09 TO-Los Angeles
                      March 09 Medical/PT/Drug Test
                      July 09 Oral Board
                      Background Started 11/16/09

EOD 11/23/09 San Bernardino
                      Academy class 006 12/03/09-04/13/10

Comment

• cbp vs. local law enforcement

hey all,

i've been in the application process for the cbpo position for quite some time, but wanted to know if any experienced law enforcement officers could provide a few advantages and disadvantages of pursuing a federal law enforcement position versus pursuing a local law enforcement career with a bit more generous entry-level compensation. i would imagine that a career in federal law enforcement is more likely to facilitate a lateral move into other federal agencies, as well as a the potential for relocation at some point in one's career?

also, i wanted to mention to all those inquiring about the duration background investigation, that it can definitely be a long process that can easily exceed the suggested six months. there is no true telling of how long the bi can take to clear. its tempting to log-on to cass everyday and check, but it can drive a person to insanity. the best thing to do is just stay focused, be patient, and the time will come.

Comment

• duplicate message deleted
                          Last edited by antwatersx; 06-11-2008, 03:21 AM. Reason: duplicate

Comment

• Hi, i applied for CBPO in March, and passed with an 83, since then i have received a tentative job offer. I mailed in the background stuff and am set for a VBT and a medical. My question is about the medical. My vision is bad and i didn't really realize that there was a requirement for uncorrected vision.

This is from the Cbp.gov website about vision Requirements-------Near vision must test at least 20/40 Snellen, binocular, with or without corrective lenses.
                            Binocular distant vision acuity must be at least 20/30 corrected; 20/100 uncorrected......

again my vision without contacts is horrible i mean i can barely see the big E on the eye charts. So my question is what is binocular distance vision? How do they test for it?? and what other info can you give my on the vision test

I mean does the department of homeland security really turn you down if your uncorrected vision is lower the 20/100, why does it matter if your corrected vision is 20/20??

Thanks for the help i hope this works out i recently got married and want to support my wife and would love to be in this career but i cant really help that my uncorrected vision is bad, and i dont have the money for lasik

Comment

• CA - Background Investigation

I noticed that those that have been waiting for a while for BI to be completed are located in CA (not all but the ones that posted recently). I wonder what contributes to the hold up. How density, larger area to cover? Well just a thought.

Comment

• Originally posted by Goosell View Post
                                I mean does the department of homeland security really turn you down if your uncorrected vision is lower the 20/100, why does it matter if your corrected vision is 20/20??

Thanks for the help i hope this works out i recently got married and want to support my wife and would love to be in this career but i cant really help that my uncorrected vision is bad, and i dont have the money for lasik
                                The short answer, yes, they can and will. You can try for a waiver, but I'm not sure that's even an option. Although, my interpretation of the vision requirements tells me that as long as you can see fine with corrective lenses, you should be okay. Just don't take my word for gospel as it's been a while since I was in the hiring process.

You have to understand, typically the passports, entry stamps, visas, container numbers, license plates, etc. that you'll be looking at all day aren't going to be in big and bold print. No matter how much you want this job, if you can't read someones passport, then it's not for you.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9193 users online. 514 members and 8679 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X