Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Air and Marine positions are under CBP but they are not CBPO. They are A&M agents or enforcement officers. They are more tactical however those positions are very difficult to get. Most are prior military, worked on or operated air and watercraft.
    Don't tase me bro!!

Comment

• Originally posted by HokieBird View Post
      So, do most people move to their port before the EOD date, or do they find short-term housing until after the academy?
      It's been done both ways. Some find short term housing. Others secure perm housing before they go. If you are single I would suggest temp housing for pre-acad. That way you are not paying rent while you are at FLETC. If you are relocating a family go ahead and look for more perm housing, but the choice is up to you. It's whatever you're comfortable with.
      Don't tase me bro!!

Comment

• Detroit OT...

I don't see anything wrong with asking what OT is available wherever you're looking to go. Considering the numbers of folks who sell this job with the 'promise' of $20K-35K in OT, I think it's rather prudent to find out the overtime facts at/around your port of choice. Some people have families to feed, kids who need braces, 90 mile 1-way commutes, etc. It all requires cash.

I can't speak for Detroit, but there are plenty of ports where OT is almost completely dried up. Don't expect to be making anything near cap in Trout River, NY, Sarles, ND, or Pine Creek, MN, et al. It's not going to happen.(at least not without a major change in circumstances)

Comment

• Busy Week

I got a call from the investigator on Wednesday and he asked me about past addresses and more friends he could call. Today took my video test. If you haven't taken it yet the answers are B, C, A, D, B, B, C.
          Actually it's pretty easy. Someone said keep a customer service mindset, and that's about the best advice. The guy there told me the pass rate was pretty high.
          I think I'm all set on everything else until I get the call.
          On CASS it says my qualifications are pending. Is that part of the Application review or BI, or is it something else I'm supposed to submit?
          USSCP
          Faxed App 7/28/10
          Received notice of testing 8/28/2010
          Test Scheduled 9/9/2010

Comment

• Originally posted by GitmoVet View Post
            I got a call from the investigator on Wednesday and he asked me about past addresses and more friends he could call. Today took my video test. If you haven't taken it yet the answers are B, C, A, D, B, B, C.
            Actually it's pretty easy. Someone said keep a customer service mindset, and that's about the best advice. The guy there told me the pass rate was pretty high.
            I think I'm all set on everything else until I get the call.
            On CASS it says my qualifications are pending. Is that part of the Application review or BI, or is it something else I'm supposed to submit?
            Qualifications determines what grade you will be hired on as.

Comment

• Thanks!
              One more stupid question, is the structured interview the VBT? I have it listed as scheduled, but the only scheduled thing until today was the Video test, and that isn't listed on CASS.
              USSCP
              Faxed App 7/28/10
              Test Scheduled 9/9/2010

Comment

• Originally posted by GitmoVet View Post
                Thanks!
                One more stupid question, is the structured interview the VBT? I have it listed as scheduled, but the only scheduled thing until today was the Video test, and that isn't listed on CASS.
                Yes, they are the same.
                CBPO - Nirgendwo in Amerika

Comment

• Originally posted by qixfeet View Post
                  Air and Marine positions are under CBP but they are not CBPO. They are A&M agents or enforcement officers. They are more tactical however those positions are very difficult to get. Most are prior military, worked on or operated air and watercraft.
                  Thanks. Outside of A&M, are there any tactical opportunities?

I was reading the training that CBPOs do at FLETC and saw it involved firearms, baton usage, arrest tactics and self-defense, so I was curious if there were positions other than screening passengers/cargo at ports of entry.

Comment

• Originally posted by a cashew View Post
                    Thanks. Outside of A&M, are there any tactical opportunities?

I was reading the training that CBPOs do at FLETC and saw it involved firearms, baton usage, arrest tactics and self-defense, so I was curious if there were positions other than screening passengers/cargo at ports of entry.
                    CBP does have and SRT. Depending on what port you get there are other teams you can be a part of. You will learn more about this at FLETC.
                    Don't tase me bro!!

Comment

• Any one ever hear of getting qualified for gs 7 and them "maxing" the GS 7 for non fed?

Vermont OT, is there any?
                      Thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by emerlad View Post
                        Any one ever hear of getting qualified for gs 7 and them "maxing" the GS 7 for non fed?

Thanks
                        I live in MA and just qualified recently for GS/7 with a TO for VT. I am just waiting for a BI to contact me, and as far as OT in VT it varies depending on ports for example Derby Line, VT has OT.
                        A good objective of leadership is to help those who are doing poorly to do well, and to help those
                        who are doing well to do even better.- Jim Rohn

Comment

• Originally posted by emerlad View Post
                          Any one ever hear of getting qualified for gs 7 and them "maxing" the GS 7 for non fed?

Thanks

I doubt it; it won't heard to ask for it though. It's extremely rare for anyone without previous Fed. work history to come in at other than step 1.

As far as OT goes:
                          I don't work in VT, but I imagine that Derby Line and Highgate have a fair amount available. The outports probably do not.

Comment

• Another BI call today. Interviewing Thursday. So far CBPO is taking a big lead!
                            USSCP
                            Faxed App 7/28/10
                            Test Scheduled 9/9/2010

Comment

• So how many other people put in for VT because it was listed as a need to fill spot and they were hoping no one else would want to go there? I'm from that area, sort of, but that was pretty much my reasoning.
                              USSCP
                              Faxed App 7/28/10
                              Test Scheduled 9/9/2010

Comment

• GitmoVet:
                                I took the exam in Mar 08 and am at the BI stage for VT (qual at GS 7). I'm pleasantly surprised how quickly the pre-appointment screening process has been so far (and hope I just didn't jinx myself my stating that because I haven’t been contacted for an interview yet).

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9459 users online. 476 members and 8983 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X