300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DNVRMAN View Post
    Merlin, I believe that it can happen I was 3rd on the list only 4 days from the last TSU person they took back in March 2009. I have a TO of 12/09/08 and a TSU of 02/23/2009. I have a fellow BPA that got picked up with one week difference in TSU so I called MHC and they told me where I was in line. I went through the process very fast because I am a BPA for going on 3 years. I know it can change a person’s place in line greatly. When I called last week they told me I am no longer in the front at all, at best I'm in the middle and with the current hiring conditions that could literally change hiring by years.
    To be fair, you called in Feb/March of 09 and were told you were 3rd in line at that time. Neither you nor I know where you were in line 6 months ago, a month ago, or 10 minutes before they switched to TO dates.

TSU is fluid. people enter it, fall out, and re-enter it with they're original TSU dates all the time. 15 people with earlier TSU dates could have re-entered TSU for your location in the last year; there's no way from us to know.

You could well have been in the middle of the pack 3 months ago.

Comment

• What number is everyone calling to get this kind of information as to where they are on the "list". I must be talking to the wrong people!

Comment

• Originally posted by waitingny View Post
        What number is everyone calling to get this kind of information as to where they are on the "list". I must be talking to the wrong people!
        8-6-7-5-3-0-9---
        CBPO

Comment

• Originally posted by anthony30 View Post
          8-6-7-5-3-0-9---
          HAHAHA too funny!!!
          TO-6/16/08
          TSU-E.TX 12/01/08

Comment

• I haven't really come across anyone from Laredo or any portion of SW TX so I was just wondering if there might be anybody with a nearby geo on this site? Or is it just me on here?

Just curious

EDIT: btw, for anyone who's interested, I just called TSU (1st time calling since I started the process) and was informed that there have been no open vacancies in Laredo for some time. No word as to when they'll open up either.

*sigh* oh well, seguire esperando. Gotta take advantage of the extra prep time and keep on training for when the call gets here.
            I recently took up boxing as a form of exercise. Fun stuff
            Last edited by koalica; 02-23-2010, 02:12 PM.
            "Veni, vidi, vici."

CBPO
            TEST - 03/02/09
            NOR - 03/05/09 (95%)
            TO - 04/06/09
            FORMS - 04/21/09
            MED/FIT - 04/29/09
            DRUG TEST - 05/05/09
            QUALS - 05/12/09 (GS-5)
            VBT - 05/21/09 passed 06/12/09
            BI - Met 06/24/09 cleared 08/14/09
            TSU - 08/14/09
            The "Call" - 01/14/11
            EOD - 02/07/11
            FLETC - 02/23/11 - 06/28/11

BPA
            TEST - 12/13/10
            NOR - 12/20/10 (93%)

"Find something you would be willing to die for and live for that."

Comment

• for anyone looking [

QUOTE=bhov97;1618209]just in case anyone needs it i found the TSU number (612) 467-7018
              and CASS hotline (612) 467-7040

:edit: well i found 3 numbers lol[/QUOTE]

Comment

• Originally posted by HPPD#48 View Post
                for anyone looking [

QUOTE=bhov97;1618209]just in case anyone needs it i found the TSU number (612) 467-7018
                and CASS hotline (612) 467-7040

:edit: well i found 3 numbers lol
                [/QUOTE]

lol i googled "cbp tsu phone number" and it took me to this same post. That's how I got it earlier
                "Veni, vidi, vici."

CBPO
                TEST - 03/02/09
                NOR - 03/05/09 (95%)
                TO - 04/06/09
                FORMS - 04/21/09
                MED/FIT - 04/29/09
                DRUG TEST - 05/05/09
                QUALS - 05/12/09 (GS-5)
                VBT - 05/21/09 passed 06/12/09
                BI - Met 06/24/09 cleared 08/14/09
                TSU - 08/14/09
                The "Call" - 01/14/11
                EOD - 02/07/11
                FLETC - 02/23/11 - 06/28/11

BPA
                TEST - 12/13/10
                NOR - 12/20/10 (93%)

"Find something you would be willing to die for and live for that."

Comment

• My question is for Merlin, for I read a post of his on the other site regarding people having TO's prior to June 2008.

I dug up some of my paperwork and I got my NOR in April 08 and my TO in May 08. I'm over the age of 37, and you were commenting on how the change in hiring would affect people with offers before that time period.

Can you, or anyone else explain why that that date has significance to a person in my situation? Thanks.
                  Written Test: 3/08
                  NOR: 4/08
                  TO: 4/08
                  Medical: 4/08
                  Fitness: 6/08
                  VBT: 6/08
                  Met with investigator: 10/08
                  Received NOPA: 11/08
                  Won appeal: 3/09
                  TSU: 4/23/09 (Michigan) pulled in May for fitness
                  New fitness: 7/28/09
                  Back in TSU: 8/3/09

Comment

• Originally posted by CMUnupe View Post
                    My question is for Merlin, for I read a post of his on the other site regarding people having TO's prior to June 2008.

I dug up some of my paperwork and I got my NOR in April 08 and my TO in May 08. I'm over the age of 37, and you were commenting on how the change in hiring would affect people with offers before that time period.

Can you, or anyone else explain why that that date has significance to a person in my situation? Thanks.
                    I'm guilty of thinking out loud.

That was speculation on my part. It well could be an unfounded opinion.

As I was thinking...
                    Guys like you are the last of "over 36" crowd to be hired in CBP/OFO. Well, except for possibly some notable exceptions.
                    If, and it's a big if, there are serious changes(think physical and training requirements) afoot for the academy in the not so distance future, then it stands to reason that the powers above would want to push the "over 36" crowd through as quick as possible. That leaves no one but "youngsters" left. If that's the case, then moving to a TO based "first come, first served" clears up that problem mighty quick. You guys with the older TOs, many who are 36+, move forward and graduate first, under current standards. Eventually, and sooner rather than later, those left are all going to be under 37.(with exceptions).

At that point they're pretty much able to move the academy in the same sort of directions as any of the other academies training for 6C/12D positions.

It's a possible explanation for moving to a TO based rather than a TSU based hiring plan. Like I said, it may be nothing more than me over-thinking it all.

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
                      What difference does it make when you test?

Assuming that you and the 19 year-old applied under the same job announcement application period, you both were in the same pool as far as being offered a TO. Testing early or late, you all ended up waiting around until ALL the scores for your GEO were collected and processed. If your coworker got a TO before you, it's because he outscored you on the test.

If your coworker applied after you, during a later open period, and he still got a TO before you...it's because he tested higher...and whatever you scored was not high enough to be called in the the first, second or whatever round they drew down to in your Geo preference and announcement number.

Other than a handful of people like Yoda, who stand to leap into first under the new standard, I'm not seeing where it changes much for any of you. You all applied at roughly the same times and you all should have see TO's at roughly the same times The only people I can see being possibly pushed to the back of the line are those few people who scored so low on the test that they ended up being "3rd, 4th, 5th round draft picks"...or lower and who happened to be lucky to shoot through pre-employment and their BIs.

And really...how good of a thing is it to have mid-70's testers coming on board in front of those scoring 100...or above?
                      We were not in the same pool. We applied under different job announcements. I applied six months prior. I scored much higher on the test than the 19 year old. Out of about 40 people I know only one person who tested higher than me and he still has not been hired. Hundreds of people were testing back in 07-08. An announcement would open, San Francisco would have 5 or 6 test dates in a about a two week span, the announcement would close, and then another announcement would open up a month or two later.
                      This is not a debate, I am sharing what happened to me. The reality of the situation is I lost my spot at the front of the TSU line and I am not the only one. There are already a few who have popped up on this forum saying the same thing happened to them. It’s not because of test scores, it’s because the process for CBPO has become a circus.

Comment

• Good grief, this thread would be about 600 pages shorter if we'd all just agree that the process is irretrievably broken, there is no logical order of merit, they don't care about us and we shouldn't be surprised if this takes two or three years.
                        Expect nothing but conjecture, tall tales, partially true war stories, speculation and biased, irrelevant information- but it's all FREE for a limited time!

Comment

• Everyone needs to realize that the past two years or so of being hired in 6 months from taking the test was the exception. The process prior to that was measured in years. It would take about a year to two possible three from the time you took the test and that was how long it was supposed to take. The system is not broke it is just reverting back to how it was before the goal was to just hire bodies so the agency could say it was meeting a magic number that Washington was setting as the goal.

FB

Comment

• Originally posted by EscapeCBP
                            MY GOSH MAN you are trying to explain a Law Enforcment Hiring Process to a group ___________ fill in blank.

You nailed it .

At this point in time there simply is not a need for a mass hiring of facilitators.
                            The standard should be changed to 6 years prior law enforcment with four year degree, criminal justice. Or
                            4 Years Military Police two year Degree. OR
                            4Year Degree Criminal Justice, Grad of local Acadamy
                            And combined interview, written test
                            Some combination to arrive at scores.
                            Wow isn't that exactly what HTJ was saying the other day. Its uncanny. Almost word for word. You guys really think alike. I wonder if.... no it cant be. It must just be a coincidence.

Comment

• OK guys, the TSU is a BQL list, nothing more. NAMES are provided to the hiring official and they PICK FROM THE LIST. You are in a HIRING POOL, not a line. Some will always float to the top of the list, Vets, prior Gov Employees, Current Employees and so on. Nobody is guaranteed to be hired before anyone else...or at all for that matter.
                              They are going to look at those in the pool the longest, because you must have 20 years of service before age 57 (waiting in the pool does not count as service).
                              You guys ever wonder how many people could be hired if the MHC folks did not keep answering questions about your "place in line"?
                              I am not trying to hack you off, this is the reality of waiting on a federal job.
                              Life is what happens while you are waiting for something better to come along.

Comment

• Originally posted by EscapeCBP
                                MY GOSH MAN you are trying to explain a Law Enforcment Hiring Process to a group ___________ fill in blank.

You nailed it .

At this point in time there simply is not a need for a mass hiring of facilitators.
                                The standard should be changed to 6 years prior law enforcment with four year degree, criminal justice. Or
                                4 Years Military Police two year Degree. OR
                                4Year Degree Criminal Justice, Grad of local Acadamy
                                And combined interview, written test
                                Some combination to arrive at scores.
                                Why would you want to work for CBP if you already have 6 years LEO experience, grad local academy, prior military police, etc?
                                Here in California if you have those credentials it would be a step down in pay and LEO work to go to CBP. Starting pay for bay area cops is $90,000 with all the police work you can handle. State and local retirement are incredible. It would be hard to recruit and fill the vacancy if those were the standards. Most people with that experience would go crazy sitting in a booth stamping passports.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11244 users online. 225 members and 11019 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X