I'm confused. So TSU is back to using "original referral date and
      score" and not the T.O. date?
      Am I reading that wrong?

Comment

• Originally posted by UofU76 View Post
        Am I reading that wrong?
        I'm not really 100% percent on all this, but basically I think its what kc12 was talking about in #19881

Comment

• Originally posted by SSG_MP View Post
          Sent an inquirey and this is what I got back from TSU:

Applicants are referred in score order on a certificate of eligibles
          based on their geographic location, test score and applicable veteran's
          preference points. A review of your record indicates that you were
          referred on a certificate of eligibles on May 9, 2008 for the location
          of Pennsylvania with a rating of 87 (including 5 pts tentative veterans
          preference). If a vacancy needs to be filled for the location of
          Pennsylvania, MHC will review the list of available candidates and
          applicants will be contacted based on their original referral date and
          score.
          Am a little confused but hopefully this is right...Just called TSU and spoke to someone. She said that the hiring goes by our initial offer date and then our score, so for example if there are multiple people who received a TO on the same date, they are ranked by their rating or whatever.

Comment

Am I reading that wrong?

I would suggest that you all stop trying to figure it out. Go on with your life the call is going to come when it is going to come. It doesn't matter if you know how they reached that point; all it does is cause all of you much unnecessary stress trying to figure it out.

FB

Comment

• Originally posted by Firebug View Post
              I would suggest that you all stop trying to figure it out. Go on with your life the call is going to come when it is going to come. It doesn't matter if you know how they reached that point; all it does is cause all of you much unnecessary stress trying to figure it out.

FB
              It helps to know the process. If they use TSU dates then I am the 3rd or 4th person in line for my GEO preference and according to the lady at TSU if they use T.O. dates then it puts me around 30th place. That’s a significant difference. That could be the difference of being hired in 2010-2011 or three years from then with lots of re-testing.

Comment

It helps to know the process. If they use TSU dates then I am the 3rd or 4th person in line for my GEO preference and according to the lady at TSU if they use T.O. dates then it puts me around 30th place. That’s a significant difference. That could be the difference of being hired in 2010-2011 or three years from then with lots of re-testing.
                How did you get the lady to tell you your place in line. They told me, and I'm sure others as well, that selections are computer generated, and they couldn't really see "the list". You must be a smooth operator lol...

Comment

Am I reading that wrong?
                  No. You're not reading it fully. If you read SSG_MP's timeline, he got his TO May 19th 2008, and TSU 1.5 years later.

Originally posted by SSG_MP View Post
                  Sent an inquirey and this is what I got back from TSU:

Applicants are referred in score order on a certificate of eligibles
                  based on their geographic location, test score and applicable veteran's
                  preference points. A review of your record indicates that you were
                  referred on a certificate of eligibles on May 9, 2008 for the location
                  of Pennsylvania with a rating of 87 (including 5 pts tentative veterans
                  preference).
                  If a vacancy needs to be filled for the location of
                  Pennsylvania, MHC will review the list of available candidates and
                  applicants will be contacted based on their original referral date and
                  score.

VET PREF/GS-07

So according to TSU, they are going on when you were tentatively selected, not when you were referred to TSU

Originally posted by Firebug View Post

FB
                  I second that...i think I found a grey hair the other day! And I'm only 25! All in favor?

Comment

• Originally posted by SSG_MP View Post
                    How did you get the lady to tell you your place in line. They told me, and I'm sure others as well, that selections are computer generated, and they couldn't really see "the list". You must be a smooth operator lol...
                    Lol...
                    The last thing I am is smooth.
                    I found out where I was in line about April of 2009. TSU was much more willing to talk back then, I noticed last summer they really started to keep their mouths shut. Maybe because hiring hit a brick wall. TSU was not as tight lipped as they are now. However, anytime I get the woman who sounds like a grandma on the phone she opens right up. Anyway, last week I called because the rumor was floating around about them throwing TSU dates out. The woman told me they did change their policy and would look me up in her computer, a small gasp, then long pause. I said, is it that bad? And she said “you are no longer close to the front of the line, there a quite a few people ahead of you.” I asked how many, she said “I can’t tell you.” I know a bunch of people with T.O.s ahead of me, but my TSU date was ahead of them. So I did the math and figured I am around 30. Unfortunately, that is a conservative number. I am most likely further out.
                    Last edited by UofU76; 02-22-2010, 02:17 PM.

Comment

How exactly do you go from 3rd in line using your TSU date to 30th in line using your TO date?

It's mighty hard to believe that 25+ people, who started the process before you did, would fall behind you. Sure, some people get jammed up for whatever reasons, but to pass 85-90% of your GEO preference???

Something smells funny about that.

Comment

• I think you could be the exception to the rule based on what TSU told me, UofU. The woman I spoke with at TSU said that the change from TSU date to TO date would make little to no difference to the majority of candidate EODs.

In the broader scheme of things, has anyone taken a step back and thought about how absurd it is that we have to play these pitiful guessing games when it comes getting employed by OUR OWN government? It's pretty laughable. I wonder why I don't drink more.
                        "He made the night a little brighter where ever he would go. The old lamplighter of long, long ago."

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
                          How exactly do you go from 3rd in line using your TSU date to 30th in line using your TO date?

It's mighty hard to believe that 25+ people, who started the process before you did, would fall behind you. Sure, some people get jammed up for whatever reasons, but to pass 85-90% of your GEO preference???

Something smells funny about that.
                          Merlin,
                          I work for TSA. Everyone and their mother are trying to jump ship. Here in Northern CA every time CBP tests the room is filled with mostly TSA. The last full class hired for SF/OAK was all former TSA employees. I know this because I worked with many of them. Many of them tested months after me. One 19 year old kid turned 20 at FLETC tested six months after me and went to FLETC last Jan 2009. He used baby sitting to qualify for GS-5. I did not even get to TSU until 4/2/09. Anyway, I work with dozens of people who all have passed everything for CBP and are just waiting like me, many who I beat to TSU. They got jammed up because of medical stuff, BI stuff, etc... In fact I got jammed up also. The last batch hired for SF/Oak all tested months after me. There was a point at which SF/OAK was hiring 20-25 a month, mostly kids right out of highschool who all got pre-clearance. Us older guys had full backgrounds done. It took my background over 6 months to clear, that 19 year old I was telling you about BI cleared in 3 weeks. This hiring process is a bigger mess than most people can imagine.
                          Last edited by UofU76; 02-22-2010, 02:57 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by sag227 View Post
                            No. You're not reading it fully. If you read SSG_MP's timeline, he got his TO May 19th 2008, and TSU 1.5 years later.

So according to TSU, they are going on when you were tentatively selected, not when you were referred to TSU

I second that...i think I found a grey hair the other day! And I'm only 25! All in favor?
                            got it. Thanks.

Comment

Merlin,
                              I work for TSA. Everyone and their mother are trying to jump ship. Here in Northern CA every time CBP tests the room is filled with mostly TSA. The last full class hired for SF/OAK was all former TSA employees. I know this because I worked with many of them. Many of them tested months after me. One 19 year old kid turned 20 at FLETC tested six months after me and went to FLETC last Jan 2009. He used baby sitting to qualify for GS-5. I did not even get to TSU until 4/2/09. Anyway, I work with dozens of people who all have passed everything for CBP and are just waiting like me, many who I beat to TSU. They got jammed up because of medical stuff, BI stuff, etc... In fact I got jammed up also. The last batch hired for SF/Oak all tested months after me.
                              There was a point at which SF/OAK was hiring 20-25 a month, mostly kids right out of highschool who all got pre-clearance. Us older guys had full backgrounds done. It took my background over 6 months to clear, that 19 year old I was telling you about BI cleared in 3 weeks. This hiring process is a bigger mess than most people can imagine.
                              How long do you think it takes to do a background on a 19 year old? How many jobs do you think he has held? How many places do you think he has worked?

FB

Comment

• Originally posted by Firebug View Post
                                How long do you think it takes to do a background on a 19 year old? How many jobs do you think he has held? How many places do you think he has worked?

FB
                                that was my point, people who test after another person can get into TSU before. That's why when they threw out TSU dates it set me back. I literally know (co workers) the people ahead of me.
                                Last edited by UofU76; 02-22-2010, 03:08 PM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6726 users online. 464 members and 6262 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X