T.O. 3/31/09
    S7

FAM
    Applied: 2/5/10
    paperwork: 3/27/10
    CO: Waiting

Comment

• Originally posted by HPPD#48 View Post
      i'am sure this has been answered before but i just want to make sure. On the line test, when i took it last i did pass but they only counted the outside line touches.

Are they counting the line in the middle when you cross it? If so i should have gotten a score of 19 rather than the ten. All i could do in that time frame of ten sec, was ten out side line touches.

Am i really that slow? or did they not count it right. Cause that was a bear in ten sec to to touch the outside ten times!!!!!
      They counted wrong.

http://www.chsmedical.com/dhscbpfitness/cbpo_page.htm

Last edited by imlikeaninja; 02-19-2010, 06:46 PM.

Comment

• I have to say when I went through the hiring process long ago I am glad there was no animal known as CASS. All it seems to do is cause the applicant unnecessary stress. You completed the steps as they were presented to you via fed ex of course and that was that. You didn't check to see if you BI was completed on a daily basis you applied and then went on with your life.

That was also not limited to applying for a Federal LEO job. I grew up in New Jersey. I took many of the NJ civil service tests for police officer jobs. Back then the lists were good for three to four years. During that three to four years you could be sent for a drug test multiple times, brought in for background multiple times. I can't even count the number of TO's I received from departments before being hired. Those departments did not keep you updated on your status. Most of the time you didn't even get a letter telling when you were not selected. You read in the paper about the new officer being sworn in.

The best advice I can give anybody here is apply, complete the steps you are asked to complete, and go on with your life. The job you are applying for has a very large applicant pool. You guys/gals are not doing yourselves any good trying to maintain TSU lists or TO lists because there are way too many variables to take into account. The government is not required to keep you apprised of how they are going about hiring or how many they are going to hire for where nor are they going to.

I am not saying any of this to offend anyone. I just hate to read on this board how people have not done a vacation, trip, or gave up another job opportunity because they are waiting for CBP. You can't approach this like that. This process for this job and many other law enforcement jobs can be measured in years. The past couple of years where the process was shorted to months because of the need of mass hiring’s was an exception not the rule and frankly the agency suffered because of that shortened process.

Again, I will say it again. Apply, do what is asked of you, but go on with your life. You can't put yourself on hold for the amount of time it takes to get hired.

FB

Comment

• Nicely said.

Comment

• wish i would've read that post about a year ago.

Comment

• I assume the TO date is the date on the letter that was "Notice of Tentative Selection"? If so, my husband's date is 1/29/09 for N. Border WA.

Comment

• This thread is getting quite depressing with the slow down in the hiring process. Keep your head up and hopefully all your eggs aren't in one basket.

I have been looking on here for quite a while but just never posted until now.
                Good luck everyone... Hopefully this locomotive will get moving again shortly.

ETA: My location is New Orleans/Louisiana
                Hoping to make the move from one capital to another

Comment

• Anyone know what kind of schedule they work at O'hare? I heard it 7 days of work, 2 off. Is that possible?
                  You shut your mouth when you're talking to me!

Comment

• Well, I have a question. My T.O. letter has the date of Dec. 5, 2008. I had called in Dec.08 b/c, around Nov. 3rd , I had tried to change my Geo. location. The lady said I had been "selected" about a week earlier so my recent change wouldn't be used. So am I an Oct. 27, 2008(what lady told mein 2008) or a Dec. 5, 2008 (date on my Tentative selection letter) with this new policy? My current geo. location is still L.A./Long Beach! (for the list)
                    Last edited by ZODIAC76; 02-20-2010, 08:53 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by blk98gt View Post
                      Anyone know what kind of schedule they work at O'hare? I heard it 7 days of work, 2 off. Is that possible?
                      Hard to explain, but I'll try the short version......

You get your two days off every week but your days will shift every week so that you can get a 4-day weekend off (fri-mon) every month. Fri and Sat are the last two days of one week while Sun and Mon are your days off for the following week.

Hope that made sense.

Comment

• Originally posted by blk98gt View Post
                        Anyone know what kind of schedule they work at O'hare? I heard it 7 days of work, 2 off. Is that possible?
                        I don't know about O'hare, but I used to work a 7 days on, two off,...eight days on, 4 off schedule.

My guess...at a airport the size of O'hare there are likely multiple variants of scheduling depending on need. There's probably AWS as well. Even for new hires there may not be one set scheduling, but several.

Comment

• I'm sure they will still need to hire by Geo. Preference, then by T.O. date. Anyone have a T.O. for Maine (Jackman) earlier than 02/09?
                          CBPO
                          Written 08/08
                          TO 02/09
                          TSU 06/09
                          BI Expired 04/10
                          Polygraph 06/10--Passed
                          Met with 2nd BI--07/10
                          TSU 08/10

CBP BPA
                          Written 08/10
                          TO 09/10
                          TSU 11/10
                          THE CALL: 03/02/2011
                          FLETC: 04/04/2011--06/20/2011

Comment

• Part of me wishes they would just tell us now what they are going to tell us sometime later this year; "I'm sorry but there are no more openings for CBPO, all applications are being discarded, please apply again at the next job opening. Thank You."
                            CBPO
                            GEO - NY/JFK
                            TEST - 03/08 (NOR: 04/08)

TO - 01/09
                            PE Forms - Completed
                            Fitness - Completed
                            VBT - 03/09 - Completed
                            Drug Screen - Completed
                            Qual - 05/09 - Completed
                            B.I. - 05/09 - Completed
                            Medical - 05/09 - Completed
                            TSU

EOD: ???
                            FLETC: ???

Comment

• Well if this going by T.O thing is true I'm Aug '07 for Illinois.
                              Geo: Illinois
                              Test Score: 94
                              Quals: GS-7
                              T.O.: 8/7/2007
                              Referred to Schedule EOD

"Theirs not to make reply, Theirs not to reason why, Theirs but to do and die"

Comment

• Originally posted by TuffStuffCBP View Post
                                Part of me wishes they would just tell us now what they are going to tell us sometime later this year; "I'm sorry but there are no more openings for CBPO, all applications are being discarded, please apply again at the next job opening. Thank You."
                                Eek! That is a grim thought!
                                "He made the night a little brighter where ever he would go. The old lamplighter of long, long ago."

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5236 users online. 383 members and 4853 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X