Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• to 11/08. vermont

Comment

• Well, I just got off the phone with TSU. The woman was somewhat reassuring. She said that the change in policy really only makes a difference for a few applicants. She also said they changed it to level the playing field for applicants for whom the process took longer. Essentially saying that applicants shouldn't suffer because HR personnel took their sweet time with some people's applications, but not with others.
      "He made the night a little brighter where ever he would go. The old lamplighter of long, long ago."

Comment

• Originally posted by Lamp Lighter View Post
        Ya know, all my friends who work for DOJ agencies told me repeatedly that Homeland doesn't know its *** from its elbow and that I was crazy for trying to get in with CBP - that I was out of my mind. After a year of delusion I am finally seeing that they are right. This whole hiring process is a joke and I feel like a fool.
        Amen. I am with you.
        Just like everyone else I took the written, VBT, medical, physical, drug, and BI. They messed up by GEO preference in the beginning and I had to re do the GEO paperwork for them twice. They lost my other forms and I had to re do them, twice. They messed up my finger print cards and I had to re do them. My BI took a very long time because it was sitting on some ones desk in a pile and not had even been looked at. I emailed the BI supervisor and she said she would find out why my BI was stuck, two weeks later it cleared. Apparently it had just been sitting. I have re tested the fitness and got half way through a medical when they called the place I was taking the examination to tell them just the fitness. I have been in TSU 11 months and have been pulled three times for paper work reasons. Then last December we all got the "are you still interested" form that had to be back by a certain date or we would get kicked out, but then they changed that date due to errors. Then just recently I got pulled from TSU because the BI expired, took over a month to get back in. They changed the fitness again, only it's easier, now we find out they are not using TSU dates but T.O. dates. I think in total they lost my paperwork or messed up finger print cards 5 times.
        What a bunch of screw ups! The process has been a joke and I do feel like a fool. 3 years I wasted on this process.
        Where is the accountability?
        Last edited by UofU76; 02-19-2010, 02:31 PM.

Comment

• I wonder if they will ever issue T.O.'s off the last announcement or just scrap all those Apps and make people reapply if/when they have a new announcement?

I am in TSU goin on 9 months but reapplied in April for a different geo (JFK) and been waiting for a TO for 10 months. So if anyone is looking for the back of the line it's right here.

Comment

• This is good news I got my TO April 08.

Comment

• Interesting...

So, I wonder how this works for me. I deferred my original T.O. (mid 2007) for a while because I wanted to pursue another LEO career (that I ended up hating!). Then in late 2008 or early 2009 I made a phone call and received my paperwork, essentially another T.O., to process again. I wonder what date they'll use? I should call and find out. I am going to assume they'll use the latter of the two :/ bummer!

Comment

• Originally posted by imlikeaninja View Post
                I wonder if they will ever issue T.O.'s off the last announcement or just scrap all those Apps and make people reapply if/when they have a new announcement?

I am in TSU goin on 9 months but reapplied in April for a different geo (JFK) and been waiting for a TO for 10 months. So if anyone is looking for the back of the line it's right here.
                I emailed MHC and they put me in contact with another office. I told them I wanted to cancel my pending apps and stick with East Texas.
                CBPO East Texas
                TO: 3/3/09
                Pre-Emp Forms: 3/26/09
                Fitness: 4/6/09 -Passed
                Medical: 4/6/09 -Passed
                VBT: 4/7/09 -Passed
                Quals: (GS-7) 4/10/09 -Verified
                Drug Test: 4/17/09 -Passed
                BI: 8/27/09 -Cleared
                TSU: 8/27/09
                FCRA: 05/19/10
                BI Update: 6/16/10

Comment

• Originally posted by Lamp Lighter View Post
                  Well, I just got off the phone with TSU. The woman was somewhat reassuring. She said that the change in policy really only makes a difference for a few applicants. She also said they changed it to level the playing field for applicants for whom the process took longer. Essentially saying that applicants shouldn't suffer because HR personnel took their sweet time with some people's applications, but not with others.
                  I went through and did some research on the East TX TSU list. The list basically stayed in the same order.
                  CBPO East Texas
                  TO: 3/3/09
                  Pre-Emp Forms: 3/26/09
                  Fitness: 4/6/09 -Passed
                  Medical: 4/6/09 -Passed
                  VBT: 4/7/09 -Passed
                  Quals: (GS-7) 4/10/09 -Verified
                  Drug Test: 4/17/09 -Passed
                  BI: 8/27/09 -Cleared
                  TSU: 8/27/09
                  FCRA: 05/19/10
                  BI Update: 6/16/10

Comment

• Originally posted by Bolts56 View Post
                    So I guess Anthony's TSU list should become Anthony's TO list. Poor Anthony.
                    Yeah that sucks, man...

Anthony, put me down for 2/3/09 TO for northern VA..

J/K, I just had to do that to bust chops

Comment

• Originally posted by Bolts56 View Post
                      So I guess Anthony's TSU list should become Anthony's TO list. Poor Anthony.
                      NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO... LOL
                      CBPO

Comment

• WELL MY T.O for BUFFALO is jan 09
                        CBPO

Comment

• I began hating myself on 01/16/2009 for JFK. Thanks for undertaking this terrible task.
                          CBPO
                          GEO - NY/JFK
                          TEST - 03/08 (NOR: 04/08)

TO - 01/09
                          PE Forms - Completed
                          Fitness - Completed
                          VBT - 03/09 - Completed
                          Drug Screen - Completed
                          Qual - 05/09 - Completed
                          B.I. - 05/09 - Completed
                          Medical - 05/09 - Completed
                          TSU

EOD: ???
                          FLETC: ???

Comment

• They say the job won't happen until you officially give up. Well, I am throwing in the towel.

T.O.: 01/29/2009
                            Last edited by Lamp Lighter; 02-19-2010, 04:28 PM.
                            "He made the night a little brighter where ever he would go. The old lamplighter of long, long ago."

Comment

• question

i'am sure this has been answered before but i just want to make sure. On the line test, when i took it last i did pass but they only counted the outside line touches.

Are they counting the line in the middle when you cross it? If so i should have gotten a score of 19 rather than the ten. All i could do in that time frame of ten sec, was ten out side line touches.

Am i really that slow? or did they not count it right. Cause that was a bear in ten sec to to touch the outside ten times!!!!!

Comment

• Anthony, just incase you make another list, my T.O. date is 06/24/2008 and my TSU date is 02/05/2009 for E. TX locations.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5119 users online. 291 members and 4828 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X