Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is just depressing...oh well....I guess it wasnt meant to be. I didnt get a TO until december 08 . And I know atleast 2 people from the same geographic location who have been sitting on TOs since 2007.
    Moving along, no federal job here for me !

Comment

• Originally posted by MP-K-9 View Post
      SWEAT...I'm NOV 2007..lol.

They have been on me non stop to find out when ill be back in the states to do the poly. Had to place it on hold for a few mo's until my return....
      Good news thow.
      you my friend are in the front of the line.
      Congrats.

Comment

• hmmm...mayeb I should invent a program where applicants can check their status in the line while waiting for the call...and sell it to the gov...because I have seen first hand how this not knowing drives us crazy. Maybe then I won't need a fed job after all

Comment

• It just keeps getting better and better the longer we wait. Every day we are litterally getting further and further away from being hired. I am now litterally at the end of the line after waiting 270 days in TSU and 2 1/2 years since application.

Honestly, it is probably more sensible. T.O.s are more fair to the people who scored well on the tests and have been waiting longer since application (Yodas and stuff). I believe that most of us were never going to be hired in the first place, so this isn't much of a shock. Also, last night my tires were slashed and my car was knifed (in addition to the car accident that I was involved in on New Years, so this year has been shown to be much more promising than last... I am newly engaged though, so what the lord taketh he also giveth.
          CBPO
          GEO - NY/JFK
          TEST - 03/08 (NOR: 04/08)

TO - 01/09
          PE Forms - Completed
          Fitness - Completed
          VBT - 03/09 - Completed
          Drug Screen - Completed
          Qual - 05/09 - Completed
          B.I. - 05/09 - Completed
          Medical - 05/09 - Completed
          TSU

EOD: ???
          FLETC: ???

Comment

• Take some deep breaths people...CBP will continue to hire people in 2010 and in 2011. There are other federal agencies to apply to while waiting. FBI, DEA, TSA Air Marshals are all accepting applications. Getting all worked up and giving up on the process is not the right thing to do.

Comment

• Originally posted by TuffStuffCBP View Post
              It just keeps getting better and better the longer we wait. Every day we are litterally getting further and further away from being hired. I am now litterally at the end of the line after waiting 270 days in TSU and 2 1/2 years since application.

Honestly, it is probably more sensible. T.O.s are more fair to the people who scored well on the tests and have been waiting longer since application (Yodas and stuff). I believe that most of us were never going to be hired in the first place, so this isn't much of a shock. Also, last night my tires were slashed and my car was knifed (in addition to the car accident that I was involved in on New Years, so this year has been shown to be much more promising than last... I am newly engaged though, so what the lord taketh he also giveth.
              Congratulation on your engagement! He has great plans for you and me. Keep it up.
              TO: 4/09/09
              Background: Met with BI on 6/18/09
              TSU: 6/11/09

Comment

• Originally posted by Khue View Post
                Good luck with the poly. I didn't know who I was afterward.
                What poly??? since when did cbpo have poly's?

Comment

• Originally posted by HPPD#48 View Post
                  What poly??? since when did cbpo have poly's?
                  They mentioned it in the TO letter. It's by random applicants. I was the lucky few.
                  TO: 4/09/09
                  Background: Met with BI on 6/18/09
                  TSU: 6/11/09

Comment

• Well this is actually somewhat good new for me, and anybody who has been in my shoes:

I recieved my TO somewhere around APR/MAY 2008, and had to FREEZE my entire process because I got orders to go to Iraq. I was not able to do my VBT, Medical, Drug and BI until I returned June of 2009, hence why I didnt hit TSU until DEC 2009. So all those people that recieved TO's the same time I did for my GEO, were able to move right along and get into TSU by late 2008 early 2009, and because of my deployment, I was forced to do nothing but just wait.

Also, I didnt know thier was specific TO dates. I took the exam March 2008, and I figured everybody who passed recieved TO's when I did, about two months later???!!??

Comment

• Originally posted by UofU76 View Post
                      you my friend are in the front of the line.
                      Congrats.
                      Thanks...
                      "whys the sky blue? because god loves the Infantry"

Comment

• this new news is horrible for me. i have been in tsu for thirteen months now and it is likely that i just fell back. tsu said they couldn't tell me my place in line. said they are doing about one small class per month.

ugh!

Comment

• wow things sure do change everyday with this process!

I got my TO 12/26/08
                          CBPO
                          Test: July 2008
                          TO: 12/26/08
                          VBT 1/21/09-passed
                          Medical - 1/21/09 - cleared 4/28
                          Fitness - 1/21/09 - passed
                          Drug test - 2/5/09- passed
                          BI - Cleared
                          TSU -4/29/09 (Buffalo)
                          BI2 - cleared 8/11

ICE Special Agent
                          Test 7/22/09 passed

Comment

• I wonder if anthony would be so kind to start a new list? I for one will wait. I have nothing better to do. I currently have a job so I am thankful for that and unless I get a sick a*s promotion there I will sit and wait for cbp.

TO 1/16/09
                            TSU 7/14/09

Comment

• Ya know, all my friends who work for DOJ agencies told me repeatedly that Homeland doesn't know its *** from its elbow and that I was crazy for trying to get in with CBP - that I was out of my mind. After a year of delusion I am finally seeing that they are right. This whole hiring process is a joke and I feel like a fool.
                              "He made the night a little brighter where ever he would go. The old lamplighter of long, long ago."

Comment

• i must be a fool, too.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5420 users online. 327 members and 5093 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X