Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello I am waiting in CASS as you are for CBPO. Do you have any information on estimated new hire process? I went into TSU 6-12-09 WA Northern border. CASS now just says referred to hiring unit. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks I will try and post more of my process dates for others as well. Just finally was able to access the forum.
    Referred to scheduling 6-12-09
    FLETC? EOD?

Comment

• Originally posted by Khue View Post
      Hey Jdlewis! Wondering where you went. Still waiting?
      Yes, still waiting... I've just been hanging out in snowy buffalo, NY.

Does anyone go to summit fittness gym on this forum that lives by Niagara Falls?

Comment

• Anybody else shooting IDPA in Springfield MA. next week?
        CBPO
        Written 08/08
        TO 02/09
        TSU 06/09
        BI Expired 04/10
        Polygraph 06/10--Passed
        Met with 2nd BI--07/10
        TSU 08/10

CBP BPA
        Written 08/10
        TO 09/10
        TSU 11/10
        THE CALL: 03/02/2011
        FLETC: 04/04/2011--06/20/2011

Comment

• I wonder how many people on the TSU list have either EODed and not told us or have found employment elsewhere.
          "He made the night a little brighter where ever he would go. The old lamplighter of long, long ago."

Comment

• Originally posted by SSG_MP View Post
            What does Vet Pref have to do with it? I thought it went by TSU date, regardless...
            It's called the Rule of Three. Anybody in the first three positions can receive a job offer. The agency does not have to hire the person in slot 1 before the person in slot 3 unless a preference eligible vet is in there. Basically when the list of referred applicants is generated if there is a vet in one of the top three positions they have to be offered the job before a non-preference eligible in a lower position. So if in slot 1 is a non-preference eligible they can receive the offer first before a vet in slot 2. However if there is a vet in slots 1 and 2 and a non vet in slot 3 the vets in slot 1 or 2 have to be offered the job before the person in sot 3. The rule does not address mass hiring like CBP had been doing. Since the hiring has let off it is possible that CBP has started using the Rule of Three as best as they can.
            But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object, evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new guards for their future security.

For the intelectually challenged: If the government screws the people enough, it is the right and responsibility of the people to revolt and form a new government.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lamp Lighter View Post
              I wonder how many people on the TSU list have either EODed and not told us or have found employment elsewhere.
              There's probably a few.

TSU lists are more or less meaningless...if you ask me.
              Between those people who have already EODed unknown to the rest of us, those taking jobs elsewhere, misread/incorrect TSU dates and the 90% or so of applicants who are out there and not on any TSU list, there's just not much useful that anyone can take away from any TSU list generated on a public forum.

Comment

• Merlin's right. The TSU list that anthony worked so hard putting together (thanks again). Can be a useful tool for us but you have to be careful how you use it. The list is what it is. A lot of unverifiable information from anonymous sources.

If someone is on the list ahead of you and chimes in with an I got the call post then you'r call is probably coming. We cant know anything about the names on the list that remain silent. Assume nothing about the names ahead of you until you get concrete info. Those people may have moved on to other jobs and stopped visiting us and Delphi or otherwise not be interested in the job anymore. Also there is no guarantee that when someone does get a call that they will take the time to inform us. They may just run with it.

Comment

• Since this process has taken so long, I have since graduated with my Bachelor's Degree and now qualify for grade-7. Is it worth it to bother with trying to change from grade-5 that they gave me, or fly low under the radar and try not to be a fly in the ointment so to speak? I've almost become superstitious in this process and I don't want to rock any boats .

And maybe, I'm not even able to re-apply now that I'm in the process. That just occurred to me as I was about to submit. Any thoughts?

Comment

• Originally posted by DirtStyx View Post
                    Since this process has taken so long, I have since graduated with my Bachelor's Degree and now qualify for grade-7. Is it worth it to bother with trying to change from grade-5 that they gave me, or fly low under the radar and try not to be a fly in the ointment so to speak? I've almost become superstitious in this process and I don't want to rock any boats .

And maybe, I'm not even able to re-apply now that I'm in the process. That just occurred to me as I was about to submit. Any thoughts?
                    My thought is that since you accepted a TO for a GS-05, that's what they'll hold you to. You might be able to reapply for the 07 under an open announcement, but who knows when the next one of those will open up?

Personally, I'd sit tight. Changing anything will almost certainly cause a delay in EODing. I'd rather be a GS-05 starting in June/10 than a GS-07 starting in April/11.

Comment

Since this process has taken so long, I have since graduated with my Bachelor's Degree and now qualify for grade-7. Is it worth it to bother with trying to change from grade-5 that they gave me, or fly low under the radar and try not to be a fly in the ointment so to speak? I've almost become superstitious in this process and I don't want to rock any boats .

Congratulations on the Bachelors degree!!! I'm with Merlin on this one. It's a huge accomplishment but thats one boat I wouldn't want to rock at this point!! You can try calling them to see what the protocol is and how difficult it would be to move a grade (if it's even possible). Make your decision based on the information you receive.

...BUT AGAIN CONGRATS!!

Comment

Don’t do it. They originally gave me GS-5, but I was really qualified for GS-7. They made me go back and reapply under a new announcement for GS-7. (Summer of 2007) A guy who applied 6 months after me for GS-5 got the job over a year ago. It took forever, if I had stuck with the GS-5 I would have been out of FLETC and on duty for over a year. As of right now I have been in TSU almost 11 months. They make you reapply and you go to the back of the TSU line, but you can only reapply if there is a new announcement.

Comment

• Originally posted by kc12 View Post
                          It's called the Rule of Three. Anybody in the first three positions can receive a job offer. The agency does not have to hire the person in slot 1 before the person in slot 3 unless a preference eligible vet is in there. Basically when the list of referred applicants is generated if there is a vet in one of the top three positions they have to be offered the job before a non-preference eligible in a lower position. So if in slot 1 is a non-preference eligible they can receive the offer first before a vet in slot 2. However if there is a vet in slots 1 and 2 and a non vet in slot 3 the vets in slot 1 or 2 have to be offered the job before the person in sot 3. The rule does not address mass hiring like CBP had been doing. Since the hiring has let off it is possible that CBP has started using the Rule of Three as best as they can.
                          Oh, I guess thats a good thing for us with Vets Pref...

Comment

• Agreed. Don't expect anything for the bachelor's degree. I have a bachelors, four years in patrol and four years in investigations and I have been offered a GS5 spot, too. A year and a half ago, I was ****ed about it. Anymore it's pretty minor in terms of the CF I've seen during the process.
                            Expect nothing but conjecture, tall tales, partially true war stories, speculation and biased, irrelevant information- but it's all FREE for a limited time!

Comment

• Wooo Hoo I have been put back into TSU...My second B.I. was smooth sailing!

Comment

• Originally posted by cbp14051 View Post
                                '
                                Dealing with the same problem here... Emailed MHC and was told that I will receive the forms in the "near future" and once they revaluate my background application, I will be placed back into my original spot in TSU. Ha... and with my luck, calls for Buffalo will go out while I am jumping through the latest hoop!
                                I was told the same thing "near future" when I e-mailed them about my BI expiring. Don't they just send you the FCRA form by e-mail?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3748 users online. 199 members and 3549 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X