300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kmarttoaster
    You, my friend, have a sick & twisted sense of humor. Please keep up the good work...

Comment

• Originally posted by Firebug View Post
      For those current CBPO's I am assuming that you remember the unending musters of professionalism, integrity, etc both on duty and off duty. Please, remember that even though you are somewhat anonymous on a website if you are claiming to be a CBPO you are still representing the agency. If you wouldn't make the comments public with your name attached perhaps those comments should be kept to yourself.

FB
      well said

GEO: Port Huron, MI
      NOR: June/09
      TO:
      Pre-Emp Forms:
      Fitness:
      Medical:
      VBT:
      Quals:
      Drug Test:
      BI:
      TSU:
      EOD:
      FLETC:
      CASS:

Comment

• Originally posted by TuffStuffCBP View Post
        If it makes you feel any better, I took my test in March of 2008 and heard nothing at all until end of January, 2009.

What needs to happen is you have to actually give up on the job. The day after, you will recieve a T.O. Then they will string you along until you give up on the job while you are in TSU.
        hey thanks for that humor, you really made me for a sec there. Since as that's what you prescribed then i'll try that.
        Last edited by pbnj4296; 02-16-2010, 02:38 AM.

GEO: Port Huron, MI
        NOR: June/09
        TO:
        Pre-Emp Forms:
        Fitness:
        Medical:
        VBT:
        Quals:
        Drug Test:
        BI:
        TSU:
        EOD:
        FLETC:
        CASS:

Comment

• I'll say one thing...

This thread started nearly 4 years ago. CBP, for better and for worse, has changed greatly in many ways during the last 3.5 years. Pulling up old quotes and using them...often somewhat out of context...to comment on current situations within this agency is a bit misleading...if you ask me.

Comment

• A little light-hearted humor for everyone...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eSXxP-lAiFE

Props to t***z66 over at the DelphiForums for finding this.

Comment

• Originally posted by sag227 View Post
              A little light-hearted humor for everyone...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eSXxP-lAiFE

Props to t***z66 over at the DelphiForums for finding this.
              lmao!!
              "Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem." President Ronald Reagan.

Comment

• my share of reminiscence

So I was looking back at previous posts and came across my first ones on here. I was anxiously logging onto CASS checking if something had changed and then again on here to see who had gotten the call this time. Purelife's timeline was so similar to mine (same geo. and everything) that I followed his progress closely. I took comfort in relying on the possiblity of us being on that same Laredo ship. Well, I either missed my ride or they threw me off the boat cause he got the call in August

Anyways, I remember the days in which my phone would NEVER leave my sight, clinging to it in hopes of receiving a "long-awaited" call the very next hour.

Now my lost phone will go 3 or 4 days unnoticed until I stumble upon it somewhere inside my car.

...happy 6 months and 2 days, AKA 183 days in TSU to meee...

The road seemed far, but I'm much closer to where I'm going than when I was complaining over a few mere days of waiting, and that thought has somehow kept me going.

So what am I gonna do on my six monthiversary? Continue preparing myself (you can never be too prepared), clear my head (sanity's a big issue during times like these) and keep on waiting without complaining (we're all getting there eventually. Might as well get there in one piece).

Think of it this way: we've come too far to start this all again

...and off I go.

Best of luck to you all.
                "Veni, vidi, vici."

CBPO
                TEST - 03/02/09
                NOR - 03/05/09 (95%)
                TO - 04/06/09
                FORMS - 04/21/09
                MED/FIT - 04/29/09
                DRUG TEST - 05/05/09
                QUALS - 05/12/09 (GS-5)
                VBT - 05/21/09 passed 06/12/09
                BI - Met 06/24/09 cleared 08/14/09
                TSU - 08/14/09
                The "Call" - 01/14/11
                EOD - 02/07/11
                FLETC - 02/23/11 - 06/28/11

BPA
                TEST - 12/13/10
                NOR - 12/20/10 (93%)

"Find something you would be willing to die for and live for that."

Comment

• talked to tsu today. wasn't sounding good. said things like over budget. said two classes so far this year and the last one was only 25 people.

Man, could we catch a break?

Comment

• For those thinking they can survive with the mentality of just getting by here are some stats from the DOJ. There are some interesting questions raised by this study, such as where does OFO stand in comparison to Border Patrol? BP deals with the same people OFO deals with, except they don't have much in the way of backup. Links to this page and one comparing all of the federal agencies are following.
                    http://www.fbi.gov/ucr/killed/2008/summary_dhs.html
                    http://www.fbi.gov/ucr/killed/2008/federalofficers.html

Don't take DT, PT, or firearms lightly they are a requirement of the job.

There were 1,098 officers with the U.S. DHS who were assaulted in 2008. Of these, 1 officer was killed, and 74 officers sustained injuries. The following provides information by agency within the DHS:

��*U.S. Customs and Border Protection—1,003 officers were assaulted, with 1 officer killed and 53 officers suffering injuries.
                    ��*U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement—75 officers were assaulted. Of those, 18 officers were injured.
                    ��*U.S. Secret Service—20 officers were assaulted, 3 of whom were injured.
                    Type of activity
                    At the time of their attacks, the officers were performing the following activities:

��*1,016 officers were assigned to patrol or guard duty.
                    ��*25 officers were maintaining custody of prisoners.
                    ��*22 officers were making arrests or serving summonses.
                    ��*17 officers were conducting investigations or searches.
                    ��*9 officers were assigned to office duty.
                    ��*9 officers were on protection duty.
                    Weapons
                    ��*217 of the 1,098 officers were attacked by persons using personal weapons, such as hands, fists, or feet.
                    ��*63 of the officers were attacked with vehicles.
                    ��*60 officers were attacked with firearms.
                    ��*2 of the officers were attacked with knives or other cutting instruments.
                    ��*2 of the officers suffered attacks with blunt instruments.
                    ��*754 of the officers were attacked with other types of dangerous weapons.
                    Dispositional information
                    Law enforcement authorities identified 90 suspects in the assaults on DHS officers. At the time of this report:

��*29 alleged assailants were tried and found guilty.
                    ��*Prosecution was declined for 29 known assailants.
                    ��*20 suspects were either found not guilty or charges were dismissed.
                    ��*11 suspects were awaiting trial.
                    ��*1 suspect was found incompetent to stand trial.
                    Last edited by kc12; 02-16-2010, 04:49 PM.
                    But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object, evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new guards for their future security.

For the intelectually challenged: If the government screws the people enough, it is the right and responsibility of the people to revolt and form a new government.

Comment

• There were 1,098 officers with the U.S. DHS who were assaulted in 2008

Law enforcement authorities identified 90 suspects in the assaults on DHS officers. At the time of this report:

��*29 alleged assailants were tried and found guilty.
                      ��*Prosecution was declined for 29 known assailants.
                      ��*20 suspects were either found not guilty or charges were dismissed.
                      ��*11 suspects were awaiting trial.
                      ��*1 suspect was found incompetent to stand trial

Question: What the *place where lucifer allegedly resides* happened to the rest?!?!?!?!?!??!

Or am I to take it that 90 assailants sucessfully kicked 1,098 officer's derriere?
                      Last edited by when; 02-16-2010, 05:06 PM.

Comment

• Day 174 in TSU

I went from worrying about my 1.5 mile run time to competing in at least one 5k run a month to signing up to run in the Inaugural Navy Ten Nautical Miler road race (11.5 miles) in June. If nothing else I can at least thank TSU for giving me the motivation to become the runner I always wanted to be.
                        CBPO East Texas
                        TO: 3/3/09
                        Pre-Emp Forms: 3/26/09
                        Fitness: 4/6/09 -Passed
                        Medical: 4/6/09 -Passed
                        VBT: 4/7/09 -Passed
                        Quals: (GS-7) 4/10/09 -Verified
                        Drug Test: 4/17/09 -Passed
                        BI: 8/27/09 -Cleared
                        TSU: 8/27/09
                        FCRA: 05/19/10
                        BI Update: 6/16/10

Comment

• Originally posted by when View Post
                          Question: What the *place where lucifer allegedly resides* happened to the rest?!?!?!?!?!??!
                          My guess would be that the vast majority turned tail and headed back to Mexico...or in the case of virtually all stone-throwers, were already in Mexico to begin with.

Comment

• Originally posted by anydaynow View Post
                            talked to tsu today. wasn't sounding good. said things like over budget. said two classes so far this year and the last one was only 25 people.

Man, could we catch a break?
                            Breaks? No such luck.

You must have gotten someone in a good mood to give you that kind of info. I always get the standard line "There have been no requests for officers from your geographic preference. We will contact you when a funded position becomes available."

I'm almost at my breaking point.

I do have a real question for you guys. I am anticipating being pulled from TSU soon to do my BI update. I am a little nervous about it because last summer I got a $150 citation in New Jersey for having an open alcohol container at the beach after hours. Normally this wouldnt worry me but I have a bad feeling that HQ is just looking for reasons to take people out of consideration for the job. My questions are:

1) Do you think that the citation will be cause for removal from consideration?

2) If I am removed is there an opportunity to appeal it or explain what happened?

Truth be told, the incident was perfectly innocent. It was really just a wrong place wrong time scenario. I drank my beer in my friend's beach house and neglected to throw it out before we went down to the beach. I was not at all intoxicated. When the cops found us there they saw me with the can, tipped it upside down and a swallow of beer came out. These cops were real jerks and seem to revel in giving me and my friends (a pack of geeks) a real hard time. We obviously were their excitement for the night. So I got a citation and had to pay it. It wasn't worth traveling all the way back to the Shore at a later date to fight it. I explained it all to my interviewer at SSUD and he said it wasn't a huge deal and I hoping CBP will feel the same way.
                            "He made the night a little brighter where ever he would go. The old lamplighter of long, long ago."

Comment

• Not a big deal. Just be ready to explain EXACTLY what happened and make sure you pay the fine or you will have a problem with a warrant out for ya.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lamp Lighter View Post
                                Breaks? No such luck.

You must have gotten someone in a good mood to give you that kind of info. I always get the standard line "There have been no requests for officers from your geographic preference. We will contact you when a funded position becomes available."

I'm almost at my breaking point.

I do have a real question for you guys. I am anticipating being pulled from TSU soon to do my BI update. I am a little nervous about it because last summer I got a $150 citation in New Jersey for having an open alcohol container at the beach after hours. Normally this wouldnt worry me but I have a bad feeling that HQ is just looking for reasons to take people out of consideration for the job. My questions are:

1) Do you think that the citation will be cause for removal from consideration?

2) If I am removed is there an opportunity to appeal it or explain what happened?

Truth be told, the incident was perfectly innocent. It was really just a wrong place wrong time scenario. I drank my beer in my friend's beach house and neglected to throw it out before we went down to the beach. I was not at all intoxicated. When the cops found us there they saw me with the can, tipped it upside down and a swallow of beer came out. These cops were real jerks and seem to revel in giving me and my friends (a pack of geeks) a real hard time. We obviously were their excitement for the night. So I got a citation and had to pay it. It wasn't worth traveling all the way back to the Shore at a later date to fight it. I explained it all to my interviewer at SSUD and he said it wasn't a huge deal and I hoping CBP will feel the same way.
                                You gotta stay out of Sleazeside, man (Jersey Boy born and raised ). That place scares the crap out of me! Damn New Yorkers/Staten Islanders who take over the Seaside area with their [email protected]$# cologne, snookie-ish girlfriends and the Mr.-T starter kits.

Anyway, I had a similar tiff. Obviously you have to declare that. Just tell them the truth. My BI-er with CBP was real chill about it. He said he's looking more for how truthful I am about my "Skeletons" then about the details of it. If SS didn't care, I highly doubt CBP will either.
                                Last edited by sag227; 02-16-2010, 10:38 PM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12273 users online. 357 members and 11916 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X