Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My friends, this squabbling will get us no where. I think tempers may be running high as we wait for our calls. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions about the job. But I will say that people coming on here an trashing a job that we are all anxiously waiting to start really should think twice before posting. As mom said, if you don't have anything nice to say then don't say anything at all.
    "He made the night a little brighter where ever he would go. The old lamplighter of long, long ago."

Comment

• Originally posted by Kmarttoaster
      Also, for the record anyone who with over 1000 posts is a loser that needs a hobby. I suggest the piano.
      Well when you've been on the board for 3 years then talk. That is an average of about a post per day. I also participate in other threads. Some threads are more controversial others more helpful. If you don't wish to have help don't come to this thread. I don't recall anybody on this thread describing the job of a CBPO as high speed low drag. There are people on this site who love their job and accept it for what it is, a good job that pays well and has a law enforcement role.
      But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object, evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new guards for their future security.

For the intelectually challenged: If the government screws the people enough, it is the right and responsibility of the people to revolt and form a new government.

Comment

• Wow, if you are that upset, why post? These applicants have been patiently waiting for their calls for a very VERY long time. Why must you put down a job they are longing for? They are adults and they know what the are getting themselves into. CBP has its ups and downs, but you know what, its a respected job (at least where I'm at) and just be lucky you have a job in this economy. I know, I know, you've been there, done that, Mr. I'm this and that. Why post and repost your arrogance and flood these forums with you crap. This section is for those applicants that want answers to the process of getting this job. I get it, you DON'T like your job. You know what, quit whining! Damn, you're worse that a high school kid! Grow up man! You know, something tells me that before you had "all these other jobs" you were that one loser in school everyone picked on, and now you think you're Mr. Big**it and love to put down the world. How sad that you're the type of people I have to work with. I'm sorry for ranting but I couldn't just sit and let this go by from the sidelines. I'm done.
        *****CBP Officer*****
        Hot South Texas

Comment

Hunt the Jackel,

Thank you for being a realist. Many of the people on this forum live in a make believe world. A world where being CBPO is equivalent to being a navy seal.

Also, for the record anyone who with over 1000 posts is a loser that needs a hobby. I suggest the piano.
          Really. Well there are hundreds on this forum with thousands of posts. Good going.

Comment

• Please people! Stop with this back and forth with Hunt and his "back up". If you dont' pay him attention things won't get out of hand. No matter what anyone says it will not change his opinion or his level of dissatisfaction with life. Please don't get him all riled up. He seems like that one person who would "go postal" and I realy dont need this thread to be the tipping point for anyone. Plus, everytime this thread gets bumped to the top and I come in to see if there is any news it annoys me to see all that is going on is this testosterone fest! Why argue if the job is "action packed" or not? It chages nothing.

Comment

Hunt the Jackel,

Thank you for being a realist. Many of the people on this forum live in a make believe world. A world where being CBPO is equivalent to being a navy seal.

I don't think anybody has ever talked about the job like its as hardcore as the Navy Seals, you kidding me. EVERYBODY knows what the job entails, its not a secret, and everybody waiting for the job is OK with that. And then you have the nerve to make a remark at people because the devote some time to post and offer information.....WHO IN THE WORLD DO YOU THINK YOU ARE???!!......HAVE SOME RESPECT!!!

Comment

• For those current CBPO's I am assuming that you remember the unending musters of professionalism, integrity, etc both on duty and off duty. Please, remember that even though you are somewhat anonymous on a website if you are claiming to be a CBPO you are still representing the agency. If you wouldn't make the comments public with your name attached perhaps those comments should be kept to yourself.

FB

Comment

• Originally posted by Firebug View Post
                  For those current CBPO's I am assuming that you remember the unending musters of professionalism, integrity, etc both on duty and off duty. Please, remember that even though you are somewhat anonymous on a website if you are claiming to be a CBPO you are still representing the agency. If you wouldn't make the comments public with your name attached perhaps those comments should be kept to yourself.

FB
                  Amen!
                  Life is what happens while you are waiting for something better to come along.

Comment

• Hunt how long have you been a cbp officer? Why do you dislike it so much? And I am not attacking I'm purely just curious. I am fully aware that I will be a booth monkey and stamp monkey and I for one can not wait for either

Comment

• Originally posted by Firebug View Post
                      For those current CBPO's I am assuming that you remember the unending musters of professionalism, integrity, etc both on duty and off duty. Please, remember that even though you are somewhat anonymous on a website if you are claiming to be a CBPO you are still representing the agency. If you wouldn't make the comments public with your name attached perhaps those comments should be kept to yourself.

FB
                      Well said, hopefully well read.
                      Le gra'sta De' a Theim.
                      Galic: By The Grace Of God Go I.

Comment

• Just Checking In

Wow, looks like i havent missed much on here. Ive been off for a good 5 months it seems like and I come back on here to see whats going on. Well - absolutely nothing. Just the same ol back and forth comments. Just stopping by to say hi to you folks. Still here waiting for the call for East Texas. All i have gotten recently is the 2nd PT test notification. Have a good one!
                        TSU since 07/10/2009

Comment

• I have a question for current CBPOs.

Once I get "the call" and finish FLETC, I am assuming that CBP will give me sometime to move to the port I will be working at. I was just wondering if anyone knew how much time they give someone to get settled before beginning. Is it a set amount or is it a case by case basis? I will be moving across the country and would like to drive if I could.

TSU since 07/05/09
                          Washington State / All other locations
                          TSU since 7/5/09

Comment

• Originally posted by AC99 View Post
                            I have a question for current CBPOs.

Once I get "the call" and finish FLETC, I am assuming that CBP will give me sometime to move to the port I will be working at. I was just wondering if anyone knew how much time they give someone to get settled before beginning. Is it a set amount or is it a case by case basis? I will be moving across the country and would like to drive if I could.

TSU since 07/05/09
                            Depending on your given schedule you'll have your travel day and then be expected to work. I had to work the day after I got back. A lot of people will use A/L to get settled.

Comment

• Originally posted by audi0xpl0de View Post
                              Depending on your given schedule you'll have your travel day and then be expected to work. I had to work the day after I got back. A lot of people will use A/L to get settled.
                              Thanks for the info. What does A/L mean?
                              TSU since 7/5/09

Comment

• Annual leave.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4987 users online. 232 members and 4755 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X