Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If it makes you feel any better, I took my test in March of 2008 and heard nothing at all until end of January, 2009.

What needs to happen is you have to actually give up on the job. The day after, you will recieve a T.O. Then they will string you along until you give up on the job while you are in TSU.
    Last edited by TuffStuffCBP; 02-15-2010, 08:06 AM.
    CBPO
    GEO - NY/JFK
    TEST - 03/08 (NOR: 04/08)

TO - 01/09
    PE Forms - Completed
    Fitness - Completed
    VBT - 03/09 - Completed
    Drug Screen - Completed
    Qual - 05/09 - Completed
    B.I. - 05/09 - Completed
    Medical - 05/09 - Completed
    TSU

EOD: ???
    FLETC: ???

Comment

• Oh yay my background expired too. Fun stuff!
      CBPO
      Test: July 2008
      TO: 12/26/08
      VBT 1/21/09-passed
      Medical - 1/21/09 - cleared 4/28
      Fitness - 1/21/09 - passed
      Drug test - 2/5/09- passed
      BI - Cleared
      TSU -4/29/09 (Buffalo)
      BI2 - cleared 8/11

ICE Special Agent
      Test 7/22/09 passed

Comment

• Seems like you can do anything but spell Jackal.

Or boredom for that matter.

Comment

• HTJ, all officers at NTC are armed, but you are correct that NTC is all intel work. You, I and anyone that has worked for OFO know the issues that are present in CBP, but to say all ports are the same is just not true. I agree if you get stuck working the line (at any port) it seems like a slow and painful death, but depending on the team you work and the port you do it in can make a huge difference in job satisfaction. We all know management needs to get aggressive, but there are ports that are trying to shed the reactive mentality and become proactive. It may not be your cup of tea, but I like searching for drugs. I like how a simple secondary exam can turn into a major case. I'm not a big fan of PAU work, but that does not make PAU any less important. I'm also not a huge fan of doing jail runs, but it's part of the job. I remember at one point you were going for an FPS job. There are guys who are on the job that feel the same about FPS as you feel about CBP. Same goes for FAMs. To each his own. I guess I just don't see what anyone gets out of trashing their agency.
          Don't tase me bro!!

Comment

• You shouldn't genrealize it's impolite.

Hey whatever happened to Dajob. I miss that guy he was cool and inciteful. All his old posts got deleted. Weird!
            Last edited by imlikeaninja; 02-15-2010, 03:01 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hunt the Jackel
              In my opinion I do not trash the Agency but the way we do our job.
              The way we present ourselfs as a LEO force .
              I say all Ports are the same as a genrealized statement.
              Cargo is cargo basically you are running ace, stamping and clicking.
              99.999% of our work is not law enforcment
              A highway patrol officer stopping along an empty highway to assit a car is doing more . OK here come the attacks lol
              Qix your all over the boards where have you applied ?
              FPS is not all that but it is steps above us .
              FAMS is not all that but of the 20 who left my Port not a single one has said they would return to us .
              I have said a number of times we need search teams like TSA do we need what we have now ?
              And finally someone WHO trashed me day in and day out here is now working for BPA and he states

I applied for CBPO and BP at the same time. I'm still in TSU for CBPO and just about done with FTO with BP. I will never look back, or trade green for blue.

I had 2 guys in my class at Artesia who hated the CBPO job and switched to BP.

UMMMMM iisn`t this what I told him over and over .
              One day I will leave for local when the time is right. Until then I get dozens of emails in support of me. They just don`t want to waste time on this board.

I have NO ARGUMENT WITH YOU PER SE qixfeet.
              I don't take offense, and I don't think you're attacking me. As for me, I'm interested in investigations. Thats what I'm working for. I consider myself blessed to be in a position where I can work with agents from almost every alphabet agency(and not on primary) , and yes I do have pending applications with a couple agencies. But as I said before, to each his own, and I wish you luck in with your future plans. I do understand where you're coming from. Most of the officers I've run across that really hate the agency are the guys who have a couple years patrol experience and still have the bug to run the streets. There's nothing wrong with that. I'm all for being honest about the agency, but I don't see the need to trash it, or discourage others from persuing a job with CBP.
              Don't tase me bro!!

Comment

• Jakel--you feel you have a clerk's job because that is all you have done. You can not convince me or anybody else with any experience any different. You make the job what it is. We have more search power than the highway patrol. We have the same ability to arrest as any LEO. Do we do it every day? Nope not even close. I'm just wondering what exactly people think we do. Most when I say I work for Customs and Border Protection just give a blank stare. They have NO idea what we do. A few will think I work for Border Patrol, but that is only until I explain the difference. Just because you feel inferior, because the jobs you have had are clerks with guns doesn't mean that is a completely accurate assessment of the job. That is only what you have defined yourself as. We have them at the ports I have worked also, and I laugh at them and walk away shaking my head. They are the people who seem to cause the most issues. You claim to have worked everywhere and done everything. If that is in fact true then you are a slug. You have not promoted above, as you claim an 11. You have been marginalized into a clerk with a gun positions. That tells me you are not as high speed as you claim.

If this agency is so bad why do you hang around? Is it because no other agency as offered you a better job or is it because you like to be a slug and are comfortable with being a clerk with a gun? You say you want to hang around and see the agency evolve into what you think it should be. If you have really been around the agency and federal government as long as you say, then you should realize if it ever happens it will be long after you die. In order to make the agency what you want we would have to give up some specialty. That is not going to happen anytime soon as it will leave a gaping hole in our national defense.
                But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object, evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new guards for their future security.

For the intelectually challenged: If the government screws the people enough, it is the right and responsibility of the people to revolt and form a new government.

Comment

• Wow! looks like I pushed HTJ's Buttons and he felt the need to resort to threatening me with physical violence in a PM. This is highly inappropriate behavior for a federal agent.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hunt the Jackel
                    My GOSH for a cracker jack INVESTIGATOR you sure presume a lot.
                    Why would I want to be a Supervisor of clerks remember I know what you do .
                    I have a static shift etc bid position. Sups can be shifted at will and they are .
                    I am married , maybe you have never made been out with a woman to get that far .
                    Attacking because you attacked.
                    My wife has followed me before. I owe her so I stay for now.
                    Anytime you want to meet and throw out what we have done accomplishmnets I am up for it.
                    In fact since you are so high speed just throw out a Port does nt even have to be yours let me review all these big arrests .
                    I don`t feel inferior I JUST KNOW WHAT YOU DO .
                    Inferior ,I will work at your Port anyday without a gun,baton etc you do customer service work you know it and so do I. B.S. the newbies. Or the delusional.
                    YOU CRACK ME UP !
                    They said Immigration would never move to even the level they have.
                    They said we would never get 6 c
                    Shotgun training for a line officer
                    Pursuit Cars
                    Albiet these are for show.
                    AND THEY SAID WHY SHOULD ROSA PARKS ever give up her seat Nothing will change
                    WHERE DO I CLAIM HIGH SPEED ?
                    I hang for the money for now and pension like so many others .
                    BY THE way I will match my arrests ,siezures,alian apprehensions with you anyday . And that is including time off for intel assignments .
                    How many ya got big shot ?
                    Any awards ? Throw down some challenge coins ????????????
                    WOW, I guess I hit a nerve. You do get upset when people get close to the truth. Was it that you have been passed over for promotion, or that no other agency is willing to hire you? I know, it was facing the truth that you are a slug. That even though you have "done" everything you aren't able to do anything. I guess that is fair.

Just to keep the thread for being closed I will not respond to you again.
                    But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object, evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new guards for their future security.

For the intelectually challenged: If the government screws the people enough, it is the right and responsibility of the people to revolt and form a new government.

Comment

• Originally posted by kc12 View Post
                      WOW, I guess I hit a nerve. You do get upset when people get close to the truth. Was it that you have been passed over for promotion, or that no other agency is willing to hire you? I know, it was facing the truth that you are a slug. That even though you have "done" everything you aren't able to do anything. I guess that is fair.

Just to keep the thread for being closed I will not respond to you again.
                      I take it you got a love letter from HTJ too?

May I suggest adding him to your ignore list. I did and it has already done wonders for my sanity.

Comment

• LOL! Well this thread went south really fast.
                        Don't tase me bro!!

Comment

• Originally posted by imlikeaninja View Post
                          I take it you got a love letter from HTJ too?

May I suggest adding him to your ignore list. I did and it has already done wonders for my sanity.
                          No, no love letter, only the public attacks about how I've never been on a date, etc. It's all good though, I get to live my life knowing I have a good family, make plenty of money, will be able to retire debt free in 18 years in July knowing I did a job I enjoyed that had value and didn't require getting monthly AIDS tests due to getting into fights every weekend (that gets old quick). I love my life while some others hate theirs (for at least 40 hours per week).

In 14 years of coming to internet forums I've placed exactly one person on an ignore list, that number is not going to increase because some troll gets upset when I push his buttons.

Comment

• This is why we can't have nice things.

Comment

• Any who change of topic. Who thinks calls are going to start coming soon!!! I do I do. Or I mean I hope so I mean don't they have a quota to fill for 2010 they have to start filling that soon...right...

Comment

• Originally posted by qixfeet View Post
                                LOL! Well this thread went south really fast.
                                It normally does when the Jakel shows up.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 18040 users online. 501 members and 17539 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X