300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by anydaynow View Post
    what does that mean? a high priority case? does it mean anything for us?
    Looking at our length of time in TSU and lack of communication, I hardly think we are high priority for MHC.

Comment

• candidate pool

If you can find me in the pool I will give you $100!

Comment

• you are right. not even close to being a priority. maybe that's changing. alot of people are redoing the bi right now. that's gotta mean something. i can assure you that all of those people's bi's didn't hit the one year mark on 2/12. it may just mean that the person who mails out the fcra forms just got back from vacation, i don't know. i've been in tsu so long maybe i'm not thinking straight and things have been so slow lately that any news seems to be good news.

Comment

• wonder what's going on, because I was pretty sure that my BI was good until April.
          Geo: Illinois
          Test Score: 94
          Quals: GS-7
          T.O.: 8/7/2007
          Referred to Schedule EOD

"Theirs not to make reply, Theirs not to reason why, Theirs but to do and die"

Comment

• Originally posted by Hunt the Jackel
            Once again civil discussion alludes this board .
            You are correct a BP officer would not be able to deal with Customs issues.
            And customs issues are seldom law enforcment issues.
            Yes there is the rare exception but that can be handled by anyone at the intital stage
            Example a load of counterfit shirts are found in a truck. Detain and call ICE.

I am hardly whining I am simply a tax payer appalled by the pay and training we get for what purpose ?
            I am not whining by calling YOU OUT you enforce civil laws not criminal.
            I am not whining by trying to move the Agency to a law enforcment function.
            In fact the original DHS was suppose to ELIMINATE the paper work function on INS and make it enforcment .
            Instead we ended up with all the civil functions of both Agencies .

Instead of me leaving how about you joining the new CBP civilian agency that could be formed and you can do all your Customs checking and INS checking and we can station some blended BPA on the border to provide the law enforcment function if needed. How is that ?
            The problem here is I KNOW WHAT YOU DO DAY in DAY out and you cannot b.s. me like the new applicants .
            Detaining anybody is the power of the government and by definition is a law enforcement power. So that's that. We have no choice but to have LE power even if our job is enforcing civil laws. Saying we have no Le power is the same as saying the patrol officer in a big city has no LE power because all of the major cases are handed off to detectives. Just because local management are afraid to let officers handle cases they are allowed to at your port doesn't mean it happens at other ports around the country.

Do I work a lot with civil laws? Absolutely. Do the people at my port make a lot of arrests? Not any more, but in the not so distant past we had a major problem with minor drug shipments coming in. That DEA/ICE/any other alphabet police didn't want to take. So we handled the criminal case.

What does BP deal with that we don't? They deal with EWI, the same as use. They deal with smuggling cases, the same as us. What else to they deal with that we don't? Their big advantage is they are able to get mobile, while we are stationed in a building, booth, shipyard, etc. They have the means and the experience to transport and work with little back up while we have the blue wave.

Why would I want to leave? I enjoy my job. You come on here and bitch and whine about how this agency is not this or is not that. You are the person who is unhappy working for OFO, not me. So your suggestion is I leave a job I enjoy doing to go to work doing something else, while you stay and continue to hate life and doing little else but complaining. I think if you go back over the 700 some odd pages you find I have never stated this agency is a high speed low drag LE type agency. I have stated repeatedly that this agency does have an LE mission, but it is not running and gunning filled with excitement at most ports. This agency has a laid back LE mission. I've referred to the job as LE lite often. I understand this, while you seem to have a disconnect and want the agency to be something that it is not. You seem to want the agency to change missions so you are happy rather then you changing agencies to one that is more in line with your desires.
            But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object, evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new guards for their future security.

For the intelectually challenged: If the government screws the people enough, it is the right and responsibility of the people to revolt and form a new government.

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyHoyle View Post
              Just checked cass, looks like my BI expired. Call em Monday, see if they can email me the forms so I can fax em back.
              '
              Dealing with the same problem here... Emailed MHC and was told that I will receive the forms in the "near future" and once they revaluate my background application, I will be placed back into my original spot in TSU. Ha... and with my luck, calls for Buffalo will go out while I am jumping through the latest hoop!
              CBPO - Buffalo-Niagara, NY
              T.O. - Dec 2008
              TSU - April 28, 2009

CBP Border Patrol Agent - Tucson, AZ Sector
              Exam - Aug 2009 (NB)
              Results - 88 - no Vet points

Switched to SB - 8/2010
              TO - 8/2010

Austin Police Department
              Applied - June 2010
              Exam - Aug 2010
              Physical - Aug 2010
              Oral - Aug 2010

Comment

• Originally posted by cbp14051 View Post
                '
                Dealing with the same problem here... Emailed MHC and was told that I will receive the forms in the "near future" and once they revaluate my background application, I will be placed back into my original spot in TSU. Ha... and with my luck, calls for Buffalo will go out while I am jumping through the latest hoop!
                yeah i called fri.. we will not miss the call even if the bi is pending. we will still get call but the bi will have to pass before we get shipped out. i asked where i stand on the list and the lady said she dosent know because the computer spits on the next name om the list when a body is needed. the wait continues....
                CBPO

Comment

• Originally posted by cbp14051 View Post
                  '
                  Originally posted by Jdlewis View Post

lol laughed my *** off
                  CBPO

Comment

• At least they've finally upgraded CASS to show your original TSU date when you've been taken out and put back in.

I just got back in from a medical thing and it shows my 9/09 date. Also eliminated the 30-60 day paragraph.

Comment

• Jackel,

Have you looked at doing a TDY or joining a special unit? It might break up your monotonous "stamp monkey" lifestyle.

I think our collegues doing TDY in Afghanistan/Iraq, aiding the law enforcement and relief effort in Haiti, doing counter-terrorism analysis at the National Target Center, training furiously for the Emergency Response Team, et cetera would have much to say about your desparaging comments regarding what is generally an agency with very proud employees.
                      "He made the night a little brighter where ever he would go. The old lamplighter of long, long ago."

Comment

• Originally posted by Jdlewis View Post

I'll give you $100 just to jump in that [email protected]$! pool...think of all those people who peed in it!

Comment

Just checked cass, looks like my BI expired. Call em Monday, see if they can email me the forms so I can fax em back.
                          Most likely will be closed on Presidents' Day...Monday.

Comment

• Originally posted by Beecy View Post
                            Most likely will be closed on Presidents' Day...Monday.
                            Yup. Forgot about the holiday. At least it's double time Monday, I'll call Tuesday.
                            Geo: Illinois
                            Test Score: 94
                            Quals: GS-7
                            T.O.: 8/7/2007
                            Referred to Schedule EOD

"Theirs not to make reply, Theirs not to reason why, Theirs but to do and die"

Comment

I redid mine and it took about two weeks to clear! As of Friday I'm back in the TSU lounge!

Comment

• i wish calls would start going out for all you guys/gals ... since i took my test and got my results i haven't gotten a thing from MHC to move me along in this lenghty process (as i took my test last year April)

GEO: Port Huron, MI
                                NOR: June/09
                                TO:
                                Pre-Emp Forms:
                                Fitness:
                                Medical:
                                VBT:
                                Quals:
                                Drug Test:
                                BI:
                                TSU:
                                EOD:
                                FLETC:
                                CASS:

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6586 users online. 472 members and 6114 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X