300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DirtStyx View Post
    She may very well be an aggie, merlin. I never get an opportunity to speak to her and you're correct, she never has a gun. I just assumed that was something someone put on when they arrived at work to save an uncomfortable commute. I will cling to your explaination and not get as upset when I see her now. Thank you
    Anyone(LEO) in uniform who's out in the public view had better be armed, otherwise they might just as well hang a sign on themselves that reads "Look at me! I'm an unarmed LEO in the Stop-and-Rob. Shoot me first!"

Comment

• I've finally figured it out. HTJ is a GS-9 or 11 in the Great Lakes Region who stamps all day long. He is a well paid father of 2 who can't stand his job due to the constant stamping. This, coupled with his disaffection from not being hired by ICE FPS and not recieving callbacks from other agencies is what drives his oddly furious posts. He most likely feels like he has made a bad career move since he left local LE and has created an enemy in his head called CBP.

I feel your pain in the application process, but we are in a similar position. Most of us, if we have a job, are just as frustrated with where we are starting out in life. If you honestly believe that telling us that our pipe dreams are stupid and we don't know what we are doing, ask yourself; what if somebody in the ATF was blasting you for going FPS? What would be the point of that? Is it stupid to be looking for this job knowing the kinds of benefits that it offers?

I've noticed that you have gone from regularly posting your sensible applicant concerns in the appropriate threads to giving up and shifting entirely into the CBP thread. You feel the need to ridicule and patronize other people for your own percieved inadequacies. Stop for all our sakes. We've found you out. If anyone at FPS was reading this they would look you up to dodge that kind of bullet. It can't be that hard to find and drop the Great Lakes GS-11 CBP officer with kids, local LE experience and no tatoos. Bad or oddly hostile attitudes are a killer in any workplace.
      Last edited by TuffStuffCBP; 02-12-2010, 08:14 PM.
      CBPO
      GEO - NY/JFK
      TEST - 03/08 (NOR: 04/08)

TO - 01/09
      PE Forms - Completed
      Fitness - Completed
      VBT - 03/09 - Completed
      Drug Screen - Completed
      Qual - 05/09 - Completed
      B.I. - 05/09 - Completed
      Medical - 05/09 - Completed
      TSU

EOD: ???
      FLETC: ???

Comment

• I was pulled out of TSU bc my credit check expired. I was just put back in TSU and they got rid of the original message stating when to expect the call. Now it just says "You have been referred to the scheduling unit." hahahaha

Comment

• Hey...hey easy on knockin the old TSA...lol, that was my foot in to DHS..besides the Military. You got to give me a chance to knock em also Jackel....

Did you apply to this recent FEMA Police announcment...MP me
          "whys the sky blue? because god loves the Infantry"

Comment

• Interesting standards. Unfortunately with those higher standards more pay and "prestige" will have to come. There are only two reasons people do a job, 1)pay and benefits or 2)personal satisfaction. Increasing the standards will place CBP OFO applicants in the same class as those applying for USSS or the FBI. That is not to say we couldn't get those applicants, it is just that we don't have the "glorious" history or pay of those agencies. We, as an agency, have a very long way to go before we could even compete for those applicants. Not to mention a complete change in mission. For what we do, we are a world class operation.
            Last edited by kc12; 02-13-2010, 11:00 AM. Reason: Edited to add italicised text
            But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object, evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new guards for their future security.

For the intelectually challenged: If the government screws the people enough, it is the right and responsibility of the people to revolt and form a new government.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hunt the Jackel
              Run 1.5 mile 19 minutes
              1.5 Mile run 25 minutes
              That is kind of a weak goal compared to "actual" law enforcement agencies.
              CBPO East Texas
              TO: 3/3/09
              Pre-Emp Forms: 3/26/09
              Fitness: 4/6/09 -Passed
              Medical: 4/6/09 -Passed
              VBT: 4/7/09 -Passed
              Quals: (GS-7) 4/10/09 -Verified
              Drug Test: 4/17/09 -Passed
              BI: 8/27/09 -Cleared
              TSU: 8/27/09
              FCRA: 05/19/10
              BI Update: 6/16/10

Comment

• eh nevermind
                CBPO
                GEO - NY/JFK

TO - 01/09
                PE Forms - Completed
                Fitness - Completed
                VBT - 03/09 - Completed
                Drug Screen - Completed
                Qual - 05/09 - Completed
                B.I. - 05/09 - Completed
                TSU

Comment

A complete change in mission ! Until we do that we will not have a glorious history .
                  There's the problem. Our mission is large enough that to change it would require going into an areas already being handled by other agencies. In the end it would be easier for you to go to the other agency than hope the government changes our mission to more closely mirror that of another agency. As it is, we currently enforce laws of several different agencies and provide initial discovery for several other agencies. Personally, I enjoy knowing we are one of the few agencies authorized and specifically mentioned in the Constitution.
                  But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object, evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new guards for their future security.

For the intelectually challenged: If the government screws the people enough, it is the right and responsibility of the people to revolt and form a new government.

Comment

• Originally posted by kc12 View Post
                    There's the problem. Our mission is large enough that to change it would require going into an areas already being handled by other agencies. In the end it would be easier for you to go to the other agency than hope the government changes our mission to more closely mirror that of another agency. As it is, we currently enforce laws of several different agencies and provide initial discovery for several other agencies. Personally, I enjoy knowing we are one of the few agencies authorized and specifically mentioned in the Constitution.
                    Well put and agreed.
                    CBPO
                    GEO - NY/JFK

TO - 01/09
                    PE Forms - Completed
                    Fitness - Completed
                    VBT - 03/09 - Completed
                    Drug Screen - Completed
                    Qual - 05/09 - Completed
                    B.I. - 05/09 - Completed
                    TSU

Comment

• Merging with BP is a very bad idea. BP is specialized for what they do. We are specialized in what we do. They do a very small part of OFO's job and do it very well, in the environment they work. They do have much more in depth knowledge for their job. With that said they would be completely lost if they had to deal with in depth customs issues. That is not a knock on them, it is just that they don't deal with customs issues. Comparing BP with OFO is like comparing ATF and DEA they are both very good jobs, but both are very specialized. It wouldn't take much to train DEA to do ATF's job or vis versa, but doing that is a very bad idea. They are each specialized for their area of expertise. If you dislike OFO so much then go to another agency, nobody is making you stay. If you can't find an agency that meets your standards the shut up and deal with it. You come on here and whine about how bad the job is when in reality you probably are not well suited for the position, but you might do very well running the streets as local po-po. This is not a knock on you. As a friend of mine would say everyone has different likes and dislikes, if that were not true then Baskin Robins would only have vanilla not 31 flavors.

Comment

• Just checked cass, looks like my BI expired. Call em Monday, see if they can email me the forms so I can fax em back.
                        Geo: Illinois
                        Test Score: 94
                        Quals: GS-7
                        T.O.: 8/7/2007
                        Referred to Schedule EOD

"Theirs not to make reply, Theirs not to reason why, Theirs but to do and die"

Comment

Keep in mind well over 50% still want to lose the guns . Many still do not want to carry baton/oc and are screaming to the Union about the Intermidiate training.
                          Personally, I've met less than a handful...much less than a dozen officers who want to lose the gun, a small percentage of people who want to lose OC/baton(though I've met a significant few that would prefer to carry one or the other), and hardly anyone who screams to the union about training related issues.

I'm not seeing where any of that comes from.

As far as the union goes...they're a labor union, not a law enforcement union...and therein lies the problem. They have never advocated for doing what was best for CBP's law enforcement mission, they have been looking out to win points on labor issues...and mostly for labor issues that benefit the 'union' disproportionally...like bid and rotation. Most of the time, I tend to think of NTEU as being the flip side of the coin...with CBP management on the front. They both love to fight and bicker over ridiculous, marginal things like cargo shorts and grooming standards, while ignoring more substantial issues, like transfers and training options.

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyHoyle View Post
                            Just checked cass, looks like my BI expired. Call em Monday, see if they can email me the forms so I can fax em back.
                            mine also.. i called mhc field ops friday and i was told that the whole dept (fo) were on a high priority case and a letter with the papers will be sent out. we also will not lose our spot in tsu and could still get the call, but the papers would have to be updated before we eod.
                            CBPO

Comment

• what does that mean? a high priority case? does it mean anything for us?

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyHoyle View Post
                                Just checked cass, looks like my BI expired. Call em Monday, see if they can email me the forms so I can fax em back.
                                You are not alone. The quest continues.
                                Le gra'sta De' a Theim.
                                Galic: By The Grace Of God Go I.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 13071 users online. 495 members and 12576 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X