Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by seeOH View Post
    On a personal note:
    I hate to say this but if you're struggling to meet those listed requirements then you need to take a look in the mirror and re-evaluate your lifestyle. Every person should be able to do those requirements any day of the week. If you're struggling I sincerely suggest you see a nutritionist and start exercising 4 times a week at minimum. Those of you that were in the military and those of you who have worked various L.E.O. jobs understand what I am saying. These are just minimal standards they hold you to. My intentions are not to sound rude. I sincerely wish you all the best of luck but again, if you have a knot in your stomach over this PFT test... You need to make serious changes. Best of luck everyone!
    I was trying to think of a nice way to say this also.
    CBPO East Texas
    TO: 3/3/09
    Pre-Emp Forms: 3/26/09
    Fitness: 4/6/09 -Passed
    Medical: 4/6/09 -Passed
    VBT: 4/7/09 -Passed
    Quals: (GS-7) 4/10/09 -Verified
    Drug Test: 4/17/09 -Passed
    BI: 8/27/09 -Cleared
    TSU: 8/27/09
    FCRA: 05/19/10
    BI Update: 6/16/10

Comment

• This is a step in the right direction. OFO is trying to catch up with BP standards. This will remove a lot of people from the process who think that FLETC is a breeze and they don't have to prepare.

Comment

I think some people are getting the two tests confused. When you receive your first TO (Conditional Offer of Employment) you still have to do the PFT1 which consists of: 1 minute as many push ups as you can, 1 minute situps (as many as you can), etc. See the link below.

CBP here to see the rest of the requirements for the CBP PFT1

Once you pass the PFT1 you will wait to do the PFT2 before you EOD. If it has been over a YEAR you will not repeat the PFT1. You will just wait for the PFT2 test before you're offered a job location. This is what I gathered from all the emails and my correspondence with the MHC.

Now this PFT2 is exactly what it says it is:

"The PFT 2 may consist of:

(1) Side Step – must complete 10 or more line touches/crosses in 10 seconds – two

trials given – best score recorded

(2) Sit-ups – 25 proper form must be completed in one minute or less
        (3) Push ups – 17 proper form must be completed in one minute or less
        (4) 1.5 mile run - must be completed in 17 minutes and 15 seconds or les"

However note the key word MAY at the top. This means they may change it again for better or worse. The only way you can prepare is to keep running, keep going to the gym, and eat healthy!!! Don't be that guy that thinks he has this job in the bag then fails the PFT2 because he was lazy (excuse the sexist male example females... this applies to you to!).

On a personal note:
        I hate to say this but if you're struggling to meet those listed requirements then you need to take a look in the mirror and re-evaluate your lifestyle. Every person should be able to do those requirements any day of the week. If you're struggling I sincerely suggest you see a nutritionist and start exercising 4 times a week at minimum. Those of you that were in the military and those of you who have worked various L.E.O. jobs understand what I am saying. These are just minimal standards they hold you to. My intentions are not to sound rude. I sincerely wish you all the best of luck but again, if you have a knot in your stomach over this PFT test... You need to make serious changes. Best of luck everyone!
        For the side step test. how far are the lines apart?
        Has anyone took the new test.
        The PFT2 looks pretty easy id much rather do the run then that step cadence thing.
        CBPO
        GEO - NY/JFK
        TO - 01/29/09
        TSU - 05/05/09

Background cleared on 6/10/09
        Expired 6/10/11
        Met with BI for second Bi 10/30/2011

Comment

• Originally posted by Rshen11 View Post
          For the side step test. how far are the lines apart?
          Has anyone took the new test.
          The PFT2 looks pretty easy id much rather do the run then that step cadence thing.
          about 10 ft apart...if u ever played basketball its almost the same width the "paint" is....and if u ever played basketball this will be super easy

Comment

• The PFT2 is still a joke. Let's lower the 1.5 mile run to 13 or 14 minutes. That will certainly weed out the couch potatoes. How about a minimum of 40 push-ups in a minute.

Comment

• Originally posted by FLA22 View Post
              The PFT2 is still a joke. Let's lower the 1.5 mile run to 13 or 14 minutes. That will certainly weed out the couch potatoes. How about a minimum of 40 push-ups in a minute.
              While we are at it, let's add 100 sit-ups in a minute and 50 line touches

Comment

• Guys we are not lowering the graduation requirements. These are what you have to do before you can go to FLETC. If you can't do these when you report then there is no way you will be able to catch up in the 15 weeks of training to do the graduation standard. If you show up unable to do this, you go home without a job. We won't waste one of the few seats in the classes we are running.
                Life is what happens while you are waiting for something better to come along.

Comment

• Originally posted by bhov97 View Post
                  about 10 ft apart...if u ever played basketball its almost the same width the "paint" is....and if u ever played basketball this will be super easy
                  Is this right?? When I took the side step test the 2 outer lines were only about 5 ft apart. I took the new test (meaning the other new test) when it first came out, when things were still in question about if tests were getting done right. I remember from previous post that the distance differed from one place to the next. I've been practicing with a 5ft distance. 10 ft is a far distance for us short people. If anyone can clarify this it would be greatly appreciated. I don't want to be doing this half [email protected]# if I'm suppose to be doing something different.

Comment

• Originally posted by PL07 View Post
                    This is a step in the right direction. OFO is trying to catch up with BP standards. This will remove a lot of people from the process who think that FLETC is a breeze and they don't have to prepare.
                    At the rate they are going it will take 20 years. They need to step it up in a very big way.

Comment

• Originally posted by cajunchik View Post
                      Is this right?? When I took the side step test the 2 outer lines were only about 5 ft apart. I took the new test (meaning the other new test) when it first came out, when things were still in question about if tests were getting done right. I remember from previous post that the distance differed from one place to the next. I've been practicing with a 5ft distance. 10 ft is a far distance for us short people. If anyone can clarify this it would be greatly appreciated. I don't want to be doing this half [email protected]# if I'm suppose to be doing something different.
                      I did it with the lines about 20 feet apart and managed 9.

Comment

• Physical Fitness Test (PFT)

Originally posted by USMC0844 View Post
                        I was trying to think of a nice way to say this also.
                        I am going to agree a 100%, if you are unable to pass what was sent in this email. I would start getting in shape "now"; if not, your just wasting time for those currently ready. This will be an easy hump to get over if your not ready, in one month you can complete this task.
                        Last edited by MP-K-9; 02-12-2010, 03:03 AM. Reason: typo
                        "whys the sky blue? because god loves the Infantry"

Comment

• Originally posted by MP-K-9 View Post
                          I am going to agree a 100%, if you are unable to pass what was sent in this email. I would start getting in shape "now"; if not, your just wasting time for those currently ready. This will be an easy hump to get over if your not ready, in one month you can complete this task.
                          It's nice to know a couple of you understand what I am saying. As soon as people realize that being healthy starts with changing your lifestyle... the sooner they stop worrying about a 17:30 mile and a half run!!! I mean, come on!!

Comment

It's nice to know a couple of you understand what I am saying. As soon as people realize that being healthy starts with changing your lifestyle... the sooner they stop worrying about a 17:30 mile and a half run!!! I mean, come on!!
                            I completely understand and am glad for the change. Every morning, I stop at a gas station to get a coffee and I see a current CBPO there most times. Not to speak disparagingly of anyone, but she is grossly overweight. Her neck even sags and she is fairly young (20's to mid 30's at most). She is at least 80 pounds overweight. I have to admit to a feeling of being wronged, even though I know that isn't fair. If I have to wait in CBP internet limbo for years on end, I'd at least like to see current officers in good shape. I realize that this step is for applicants, but hopefully it raises the bar for the entire organization.

Comment

• I have what might be a silly question. And I’m sure the answer is the govt does not care. My geo location stretches from Champlain ny to Alexandria bay ny. They are 4 hours apart. Now let’s say both ports have an opening (Champlain and Alexandria bay). And I am living near one location and another applicant is living near the other. Do they take this into consideration for placing us? I mean I will go where ever they tell me, just curious how this worked...

Comment

• Originally posted by waitingny View Post
                                I have what might be a silly question. And I’m sure the answer is the govt does not care. My geo location stretches from Champlain ny to Alexandria bay ny. They are 4 hours apart. Now let’s say both ports have an opening (Champlain and Alexandria bay). And I am living near one location and another applicant is living near the other. Do they take this into consideration for placing us? I mean I will go where ever they tell me, just curious how this worked...
                                Back in the day it was not uncommon to be given a choice between two ports. MHC would call and say we have an opening at Port X and Port Y. Please let us know your decision within in 48 hours. That could still happen, but it is also going to be based on TSU date. Another applicant could have a TSU date earlier than yours and be offered a choice between the two POEs. If they decide they want something new and choose the POE closer to you. THen when your call comes, the further POE may be the only opening left. So in a nutshell, no they are not going to consider your current location. It is first come, first served based on TSU date and when the specific ports are granted authorization to hire.
                                CBPO East Texas
                                TO: 3/3/09
                                Pre-Emp Forms: 3/26/09
                                Fitness: 4/6/09 -Passed
                                Medical: 4/6/09 -Passed
                                VBT: 4/7/09 -Passed
                                Quals: (GS-7) 4/10/09 -Verified
                                Drug Test: 4/17/09 -Passed
                                BI: 8/27/09 -Cleared
                                TSU: 8/27/09
                                FCRA: 05/19/10
                                BI Update: 6/16/10

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12511 users online. 418 members and 12093 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X