Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For the Border Patrol, the PFT2 is done in front of Border Patrol Agents whom have been certified to administer the PFT2. You won't go to the local clinic and have the nurse follow you in his/her car while you run 1.5 miles. I imagine that this will be done somewhere with a track in front of current CBPO's that have been certified to administer the PFT2.

Comment

• Just called MHC they are going to look into why the body of the email says one thing and the link shows the "old way" although I think I confused her...

Comment

• these PFTs reminds me of when i took my APFT ... only thing that concerns me when i DO EVENTUALLY get to this part is the run, even though i don't think it will be a big deal. But to all just make sure to stretch them muscles properly and Good Luck !!!

i am happy for all of you guys/gals that are pretty much close to the end but just not quite ther as yet, as for me i have only recieved my NOR and keep wondering when i will even begin to move along in this lengthy process
        Last edited by pbnj4296; 02-11-2010, 01:38 PM.

GEO: Port Huron, MI
        NOR: June/09
        TO:
        Pre-Emp Forms:
        Fitness:
        Medical:
        VBT:
        Quals:
        Drug Test:
        BI:
        TSU:
        EOD:
        FLETC:
        CASS:

Comment

• Comments on PFT2:
          I'll keep doing whatever tests they need me to do in order to get this job...Written, medical, structured interview, drug, poly, PFT, PFT2, sign forms....whatever you need MHC I got you! LOL

Comment

• CBP keeps raising the standards and the pay. I'm all for it.

Let's hope the slow down in calls was to get this PFT2 implemented and now that it is, the flood gates are going to open....

A guy can dream right?
            Geo: Illinois
            Test Score: 94
            Quals: GS-7
            T.O.: 8/7/2007
            Referred to Schedule EOD

"Theirs not to make reply, Theirs not to reason why, Theirs but to do and die"

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyHoyle View Post
              CBP keeps raising the standards and the pay. I'm all for it.

Let's hope the slow down in calls was to get this PFT2 implemented and now that it is, the flood gates are going to open....

A guy can dream right?
              amen brother, amen

Comment

• from MHC via email:
                "The new PFT2 test consists of the components listed in the body of the e-mail below. Thank you for verifying! At this time we do not know the locations. This e-mail was meant to be an informational e-mail for applicants, notifying you that there is a new test in place and what the new requirements are so that you may prepare. More information will be sent out in the future providing more detail."

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyHoyle View Post
                  CBP keeps raising the standards and the pay. I'm all for it.

A guy can dream right?
                  This sounds like a lowering of standards. I'd rather bang out a mile and a half run in 17.15 than do the step test. I hate that test, I'ts so annoying. I'm going to miss the lift/lower test, that was a synch.

BTW: Do they hold your feet for the sit-ups or do you need to do them on your own?
                  CBPO
                  GEO - NY/JFK
                  TEST - 03/08 (NOR: 04/08)

TO - 01/09
                  PE Forms - Completed
                  Fitness - Completed
                  VBT - 03/09 - Completed
                  Drug Screen - Completed
                  Qual - 05/09 - Completed
                  B.I. - 05/09 - Completed
                  Medical - 05/09 - Completed
                  TSU

EOD: ???
                  FLETC: ???

Comment

• I'm not even in the process yet, but from reading across different boards this is what I take that email to mean - There's still the original fitness test (lift/lower, step, etc.); however, once you get "the call", before you can EOD, you must pass PFT(2) consisting of what was listed in this email. I do believe I remember Merlin hinting at something similar to this coming quite some time ago when the Border Patrol started doing the same thing.

Back to my lurking corner now...

Comment

• I got the email too, about new Pft2 and Im waiting for the call now. Looking like they are almost ready to start calling people with the new updates. Now keep your fingers crossed.

Comment

• Originally posted by jbyrjax View Post
                        I'm not even in the process yet, but from reading across different boards this is what I take that email to mean - There's still the original fitness test (lift/lower, step, etc.); however, once you get "the call", before you can EOD, you must pass PFT(2) consisting of what was listed in this email. I do believe I remember Merlin hinting at something similar to this coming quite some time ago when the Border Patrol started doing the same thing.

Back to my lurking corner now...
                        I thought the same thing too. I emailed them earlier in regards of my fitness exam. My fitness exam expires next month, so I asked MHC if I would have to reschedule to retake the first PFT that consist the step test, etc. and then PFT2 before EOD.

This is what they said:

You will be completing the PFT2, however the PFT2 will not be taken until after you’ve received an entrance on duty date and duty location. The PFT2 takes place within 30 days of the entrance on duty date.
                        TSU - 8/28/09
                        TO - 3/2009
                        On the job

Comment

• I think some people are getting the two tests confused. When you receive your first TO (Conditional Offer of Employment) you still have to do the PFT1 which consists of: 1 minute as many push ups as you can, 1 minute situps (as many as you can), etc. See the link below.

CBP here to see the rest of the requirements for the CBP PFT1

Once you pass the PFT1 you will wait to do the PFT2 before you EOD. If it has been over a YEAR you will not repeat the PFT1. You will just wait for the PFT2 test before you're offered a job location. This is what I gathered from all the emails and my correspondence with the MHC.

Now this PFT2 is exactly what it says it is:

"The PFT 2 may consist of:

(1) Side Step – must complete 10 or more line touches/crosses in 10 seconds – two

trials given – best score recorded

(2) Sit-ups – 25 proper form must be completed in one minute or less
                          (3) Push ups – 17 proper form must be completed in one minute or less
                          (4) 1.5 mile run - must be completed in 17 minutes and 15 seconds or les"

However note the key word MAY at the top. This means they may change it again for better or worse. The only way you can prepare is to keep running, keep going to the gym, and eat healthy!!! Don't be that guy that thinks he has this job in the bag then fails the PFT2 because he was lazy (excuse the sexist male example females... this applies to you to!).

On a personal note:
                          I hate to say this but if you're struggling to meet those listed requirements then you need to take a look in the mirror and re-evaluate your lifestyle. Every person should be able to do those requirements any day of the week. If you're struggling I sincerely suggest you see a nutritionist and start exercising 4 times a week at minimum. Those of you that were in the military and those of you who have worked various L.E.O. jobs understand what I am saying. These are just minimal standards they hold you to. My intentions are not to sound rude. I sincerely wish you all the best of luck but again, if you have a knot in your stomach over this PFT test... You need to make serious changes. Best of luck everyone!

Comment

• I havn't been running since it got dark out on the track by the time I was out of work. The treadmill turned out to be a terrible idea, it pulled my knee and gave me a minor knee problem. I can't wait for it to get lighter out and I can start running on the track again.

Even still, the PFT2 looks like a breeze.
                            CBPO
                            GEO - NY/JFK
                            TEST - 03/08 (NOR: 04/08)

TO - 01/09
                            PE Forms - Completed
                            Fitness - Completed
                            VBT - 03/09 - Completed
                            Drug Screen - Completed
                            Qual - 05/09 - Completed
                            B.I. - 05/09 - Completed
                            Medical - 05/09 - Completed
                            TSU

EOD: ???
                            FLETC: ???

Comment

• Originally posted by sr20 View Post
                              I thought the same thing too. I emailed them earlier in regards of my fitness exam. My fitness exam expires next month, so I asked MHC if I would have to reschedule to retake the first PFT that consist the step test, etc. and then PFT2 before EOD.

This is what they said:

You will be completing the PFT2, however the PFT2 will not be taken until after you’ve received an entrance on duty date and duty location. The PFT2 takes place within 30 days of the entrance on duty date.
                              So the call has to come first.

Comment

• Originally posted by UofU76 View Post
                                So the call has to come first.
                                I guess so..it would make more sense this way then having you test twice of almost the same thing other than the step/1.5 run...
                                TSU - 8/28/09
                                TO - 3/2009
                                On the job

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7692 users online. 167 members and 7525 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X