Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• called tsu today. was told they are putting a class together. i asked if it was only for the southern border and was told that it was for all over. the tsu person made it sound like it wasn't many calls, but it's nice to see any movement at all.

on a separate note, my bi passed a year last month. apparently they have mailed me the credit report form. i haven't received it yet. i asked, like many have inquired before, if i would be passed over while waiting for this to clear. i was told no. that maybe they would have to hold the spot while that cleared but they wouldn't pass me by. i've been in tsu for over a year and i don't want to miss out while another credit check is done so this was good news to me.

Comment

• Originally posted by ZODIAC76 View Post
      Cool!!!! Thanks for the clear up! I should have checked the website myself! OOPS! lol
      Same thing is going on here in Laredo at the TAMIU campus
      "Veni, vidi, vici."

CBPO
      TEST - 03/02/09
      NOR - 03/05/09 (95%)
      TO - 04/06/09
      FORMS - 04/21/09
      MED/FIT - 04/29/09
      DRUG TEST - 05/05/09
      QUALS - 05/12/09 (GS-5)
      VBT - 05/21/09 passed 06/12/09
      BI - Met 06/24/09 cleared 08/14/09
      TSU - 08/14/09
      The "Call" - 01/14/11
      EOD - 02/07/11
      FLETC - 02/23/11 - 06/28/11

BPA
      TEST - 12/13/10
      NOR - 12/20/10 (93%)

"Find something you would be willing to die for and live for that."

Comment

• Originally posted by anydaynow View Post
        on a separate note, my bi passed a year last month. apparently they have mailed me the credit report form. i haven't received it yet. i asked, like many have inquired before, if i would be passed over while waiting for this to clear. i was told no. that maybe they would have to hold the spot while that cleared but they wouldn't pass me by. i've been in tsu for over a year and i don't want to miss out while another credit check is done so this was good news to me.

They told me that you would NOT be passed over. They would "call internal affairs to rush the results back to them." Thats good b/c they got my forms back last Friday so it'll probably be a while before I get cleared again! haha!
        Last edited by ZODIAC76; 02-11-2010, 11:44 AM.

Comment

• February 10, 2010

Dear Applicant:

The purpose of this letter is to inform you of changes related to the Customs and Border Protection Officer (CBPO) position for which you have received a tentative offer of employment with U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP).

Training at the CBP Field Operations Academy is intense and requires that you report in shape. Interns will be required to complete the Academy Fitness Test battery during the first week, mid-point and at the end to graduate. You will be expected to fully participate in a number of vigorous training activities. These activities will include: defensive tactics, daily physical fitness training programs, and regular fitness testing and assessment activities. Physical training activities include: warm-ups, calisthenics, flexibility training, partner assisted stretching techniques, cardiovascular conditioning, running on roads and trails, spinning classes, resistance training (using both free weights and machines) and hitting and striking activities These physical training activities will be conducted both indoors, in state of the art athletic facilities, and outdoors on fields, tracks and roadways. Often times, the training is conducted under hot and humid conditions.

In an effort to better prepare you to be successful in performing your duties as a CBPO, a second pre-employment fitness test (PFT 2) has been developed.

The PFT 2 may consist of:
          (1) Side Step – must complete 10 or more line touches/crosses in 10 seconds – two
          trials given – best score recorded
          (2) Sit-ups – 25 proper form must be completed in one minute or less
          (3) Push ups – 17 proper form must be completed in one minute or less
          (4) 1.5 mile run - must be completed in 17 minutes and 15 seconds or less

You may also be required to complete a 220 yard run in 45 seconds or less.

You will not be contacted to schedule the PFT 2 until you have been contacted for a contingent offer of employment. The PFT 2 will occur no more than 30 days prior to your entrance on duty. The PFT 2 will take place at several locations throughout the United States , Guam, and the Northern Mariana Islands . You will be responsible for getting yourself to and from the PFT 2. Any expenses incurred in doing so will be your responsibility. You will have an opportunity to select where you wish to take the PFT 2 from among several locations.

Please remember if you are contacted to complete a PFT 2, you must successfully pass the test before a final offer of employment can be extended. Therefore, we advise you not to make any plans to leave your present employment until you have successfully passed the PFT 2. If you fail the PFT2 you will be removed from further consideration for the position and your tentative selection will be withdrawn. Please follow this link to the CBP Officer Fitness Testing Fact Sheet. We encourage you to take advantage of the time you have while waiting to be contacted to ensure that you get in shape and stay in shape - regardless of your current level of conditioning - so that you will be adequately prepared for the rigorous fitness program at the Academy.

If you have any changes in your medical history between the time you completed the pre-employment medical examination and the time you are scheduled to enter on duty, please notify our office immediately so the issue can be addressed before you attempt to complete the PFT 2.

If your contact information changes, including your email address, it is very important that you notify this office as soon as possible so your contact information can be updated.

You may check the status of your application in the Central Applicant Self-Service program on the web at https://apps.cbp.gov/cass/. If you have any specific questions relating to the PFT 2, please contact any member of our staff at (612) 467-7042 or via email at [email protected].

Thank you for your continued interest in employment with Customs and Border Protection.

Just got this in my email......PFT2 sounds pretty easy.
          Geo Area: SFO/OAK
          Written: 08/23/08- 92 (87+5)
          NOR: 09/2008
          TO: 09/25/08
          Medical/Physical:10/08,09/09,10/09
          Drug Test: 11/2008
          Oral Board: 12/03/08
          BI: 03/12/2009 (Initiated 10/2008)
          Qualifications: 03/17/09
          Referred to TSU:03/19/09

IEA Agent
          Geo Area: San Francisco County
          Written:05/26/09
          T.O.:08/28/09
          Pre-Employment Forms Sent To DSC: 09/11/09
          Medical/Fitness:11/02/09
          Interview:PASSED on 11/16/09

Comment

• #7 IS THE BEST!!! GO BILLS!
            CBPO

Comment

• Originally posted by Burrell707 View Post
              February 10, 2010

Dear Applicant:

The purpose of this letter is to inform you of changes related to the Customs and Border Protection Officer (CBPO) position for which you have received a tentative offer of employment with U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP).

Training at the CBP Field Operations Academy is intense and requires that you report in shape. Interns will be required to complete the Academy Fitness Test battery during the first week, mid-point and at the end to graduate. You will be expected to fully participate in a number of vigorous training activities. These activities will include: defensive tactics, daily physical fitness training programs, and regular fitness testing and assessment activities. Physical training activities include: warm-ups, calisthenics, flexibility training, partner assisted stretching techniques, cardiovascular conditioning, running on roads and trails, spinning classes, resistance training (using both free weights and machines) and hitting and striking activities These physical training activities will be conducted both indoors, in state of the art athletic facilities, and outdoors on fields, tracks and roadways. Often times, the training is conducted under hot and humid conditions.

In an effort to better prepare you to be successful in performing your duties as a CBPO, a second pre-employment fitness test (PFT 2) has been developed.

The PFT 2 may consist of:
              (1) Side Step – must complete 10 or more line touches/crosses in 10 seconds – two
              trials given – best score recorded
              (2) Sit-ups – 25 proper form must be completed in one minute or less
              (3) Push ups – 17 proper form must be completed in one minute or less
              (4) 1.5 mile run - must be completed in 17 minutes and 15 seconds or less

You may also be required to complete a 220 yard run in 45 seconds or less.

You will not be contacted to schedule the PFT 2 until you have been contacted for a contingent offer of employment. The PFT 2 will occur no more than 30 days prior to your entrance on duty. The PFT 2 will take place at several locations throughout the United States , Guam, and the Northern Mariana Islands . You will be responsible for getting yourself to and from the PFT 2. Any expenses incurred in doing so will be your responsibility. You will have an opportunity to select where you wish to take the PFT 2 from among several locations.

Please remember if you are contacted to complete a PFT 2, you must successfully pass the test before a final offer of employment can be extended. Therefore, we advise you not to make any plans to leave your present employment until you have successfully passed the PFT 2. If you fail the PFT2 you will be removed from further consideration for the position and your tentative selection will be withdrawn. Please follow this link to the CBP Officer Fitness Testing Fact Sheet. We encourage you to take advantage of the time you have while waiting to be contacted to ensure that you get in shape and stay in shape - regardless of your current level of conditioning - so that you will be adequately prepared for the rigorous fitness program at the Academy.

If you have any changes in your medical history between the time you completed the pre-employment medical examination and the time you are scheduled to enter on duty, please notify our office immediately so the issue can be addressed before you attempt to complete the PFT 2.

If your contact information changes, including your email address, it is very important that you notify this office as soon as possible so your contact information can be updated.

You may check the status of your application in the Central Applicant Self-Service program on the web at https://apps.cbp.gov/cass/. If you have any specific questions relating to the PFT 2, please contact any member of our staff at (612) 467-7042 or via email at [email protected].

Thank you for your continued interest in employment with Customs and Border Protection.

Just got this in my email......PFT2 sounds pretty easy.
              They made the test easier, 17 minutes 15 seconds for a 1.5 mile test, what happened to 15 minutes? Something must have happened for them to make it easier. My guess is too many people failing. Most people can do 2 miles in 17 minutes. In the past year I have taken the fitness test twice with two different sets of standards. Now if I ever get out of TSU I will take a third test with another set of standards. Why can't they get this thing right?
              Last edited by UofU76; 02-11-2010, 12:38 PM.

Comment

• Well, I'm glad that it doesn't sound like the PFT2 will be at the same location I've had my PFTs. I just re-took the PFT and they had no idea how to administer it. There were no lines on the floor- they just had me to the side step from one wall to the other. I counted it off when they weren't looking and it was close to 22 feet. I managed 9 touches, but it was a MFer.

It is the most unprofessional place. They don't use a CD like the instructions say they will. Rather than use the stopwatch that is sitting on the desk, the nurse likes to take the wall clock down and use that to time everything.

I'm still waiting to get back into TSU.

Comment

• Originally posted by UofU76 View Post
                  They made the test easier, 17 minutes 15 seconds for a 1.5 mile test, what happened to 15 minutes? Something must of happened for them to make it easier. My guess is to many people failing. Most people can do 2 miles in 17 minutes.

I got that letter too but it sounds like you could be tested for the 1.5 mile fun at the PFT2. This has nothing to do with what you have to do at FLETC which is where you were supposed to do it in 15 min. Also the opertive word being "may" in this email. Note they said nothing about the step test either? Strange.
                  CBPO
                  Test: July 2008
                  TO: 12/26/08
                  VBT 1/21/09-passed
                  Medical - 1/21/09 - cleared 4/28
                  Fitness - 1/21/09 - passed
                  Drug test - 2/5/09- passed
                  BI - Cleared
                  TSU -4/29/09 (Buffalo)
                  BI2 - cleared 8/11

ICE Special Agent
                  Test 7/22/09 passed

Comment

• Correct me if I am wrong, but this fitness test is different from the last "new fitness test" that was created in Oct. I do not see the step test or lift lower test? As a side note on the push ups I can currently do 11 "decent" ones in a min and I only have to push out 6 more to pass! And it looks like I have time on my side to complete/work on this if they are not calling us until they need us...my 7mnth TSU anniversary is coming up on the 14th. yippee....

Comment

• oh god..my PFT test expires next month, does that mean I have to retake the first PFT..and when we I get the call, I have to take the PFT2?

Didn't someone here said MHC will not reschedule your PFT until you're near to an EOD date?
                      TSU - 8/28/09
                      TO - 3/2009
                      On the job

Comment

• Originally posted by bflogirl View Post
                        I got that letter too but it sounds like you could be tested for the 1.5 mile fun at the PFT2. This has nothing to do with what you have to do at FLETC which is where you were supposed to do it in 15 min. Also the opertive word being "may" in this email. Note they said nothing about the step test either? Strange.
                        Over and over I get the sense they just don't have their act together. It takes so much time and money to continue to make all these changes.

Comment

• oops double post
                          CBPO
                          Test: July 2008
                          TO: 12/26/08
                          VBT 1/21/09-passed
                          Medical - 1/21/09 - cleared 4/28
                          Fitness - 1/21/09 - passed
                          Drug test - 2/5/09- passed
                          BI - Cleared
                          TSU -4/29/09 (Buffalo)
                          BI2 - cleared 8/11

ICE Special Agent
                          Test 7/22/09 passed

Comment

• Originally posted by waitingny View Post
                            Correct me if I am wrong, but this fitness test is different from the last "new fitness test" that was created in Oct. I do not see the step test or lift lower test? As a side note on the push ups I can currently do 11 "decent" ones in a min and I only have to push out 6 more to pass! And it looks like I have time on my side to complete/work on this if they are not calling us until they need us...my 7mnth TSU anniversary is coming up on the 14th. yippee....
                            Now im confused. In January I received a letter telling me that the new PFT would consists of two parts.

Part One

Push-Ups(as many proper form you can do in one minute)
                            Side Step Test (as many line touches you can do in 10 seconds)
                            Sit-Up Test (as many proper form as you can do in 1 minute)
                            Lift Lower Test (8 cycles as quickly and safely as possible)

Part Two

Step Test (step cadence for 5 minutes)

You must achieve a minimum cumulative score of 80 points on Part One and successfully complete Part Two(step test). I never got a second letter!
                            Last edited by RJF2; 02-11-2010, 01:13 PM.

Comment

• As I understand it, the 1.5 in 17:00 at the PFT2 gets you to FLETC and then you have to do the 1.5 in 15:00 to graduate. The Border Patrol is doing this already. For the BP you have to run the 1.5 in 15 minutes at your PFT2 and then in 13 Minutes at FLETC. If you don't pass the PFT2, your offer is rescinded and your file is trashed. This is just a way of weeding out the people that aren't going to make it at FLETC. No more unprepared slugs taking up precious FLETC spots only to be kicked out in week 3 because they can't make it four laps around the track without having a Pepsi and a smoke, let alone 6 laps in 15:00.

Hopefully this is what has been slowing down the offers...

Good luck all!

Comment

• Ok now I am confused. What exactly do we have to do? The email says one thing, and the link on the email says another! "Please follow this link to the CBP Officer Fitness Testing Fact Sheet."

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9700 users online. 337 members and 9363 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X