3. Will graduate with my Master's in May
    3. Will outperform 99% of the people on this forum in physical fitness
    4. am under age 50
    5. Currently teach
    6. Coach my school JV hockey team
    6. Am very cool
    7. Love the Buffalo Bills
    8. ohh and I almost forgot interwebz tough guy skills

But I guess I am just a bum college kid that likes to drink pabst blue ribbon

And yes I would love a CBP job for the same reason everyone else wants one on here:

Job security
    Ridiculous pay
    Good healthcare
    Etc.............

As far as the old timers giving us "wannabees" information, if you do the research they have been wrong 100% of the time in the last 6 months on hiring projections.

***Don't have the time to respond to all the haters on here, but robeans I have a sweet spot for you!

What type of person has 1500 posts on a forum??? Old angry men that want to feel important.

Comment

• lol.

What a waste...Of half a brain..

Comment

• Originally posted by Kmarttoaster
        Skillz:
        1. I've served my country for four years
        2. Earned two teaching certifications
        4. am under age 50
        5. Currently teach
        6. Am very cool

And yes I would love a CBP job for the same reason everyone else wants one on here:

Job security
        Ridiculous pay
        Good healthcare
        Etc.............

As far as the old timers giving us "wannabees" information, if you do the research they have been wrong 100% of the time in the last 6 months on hiring projections.

***Don't have the time to respond to all the haters on here, but robeans I have a sweet spot for you!

What type of person has 1500 posts on a forum??? Old angry men that want to feel important.
        Yikes, you're an angry little man ain't ya? Need a hug? All you want to do is talk stuff to the few Officers who come here to help, offer advice and most importantly give their educated opinions on hiring trends.

And BTW, if your Johnny high speed like you claim, why don't you go somewhere more befitting a person of such moral and societal standing, like ICE, or the FBI, or the ATF or the DEA or anything other than CBP.

Get back under the bridge troll!
        Last edited by robeans; 02-10-2010, 06:22 PM.

Comment

Skillz:
          4. am under age 50
          5. Currently teach
          6. Am very cool
          Maybe you should learn to count before you start telling everyone else how much better you are than them.
          CBPO
          Test: July 2008
          TO: 12/26/08
          VBT 1/21/09-passed
          Medical - 1/21/09 - cleared 4/28
          Fitness - 1/21/09 - passed
          Drug test - 2/5/09- passed
          BI - Cleared
          TSU -4/29/09 (Buffalo)
          BI2 - cleared 8/11

ICE Special Agent
          Test 7/22/09 passed

Comment

• I have a question about the new fitness standards. I am having slight difficulty with push ups. I am working myself up but I can not quite keep my arms tight to my body and my fitness expires next month. Does anyone know how strict they are on form? Are they looking for perfect military push ups, or is it ok that my elbows flare out? (Please keep in mind before anyone pokes fun at me for not being able to do push ups, I am female and I have been busting my butt to do the best that I can!)

Comment

• Waitingny,

Leaning into / onto a wall. Practice a lot perfect standing push ups. Loosen up and stretch prior to your workout. Then hit the deck and start with reps of Five. You can do this!
              Le gra'sta De' a Theim.
              Galic: By The Grace Of God Go I.

Comment

• Something else that might help until you develop the muscle memory to do them correctly is turn your hands. Point your fingers out to the side. This tends to force your elbows in. If that is too uncomfortable, you could also do them on your fists with your thumbs toward your head and pinky toward your feet.
                But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object, evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new guards for their future security.

For the intelectually challenged: If the government screws the people enough, it is the right and responsibility of the people to revolt and form a new government.

Comment

• Originally posted by waitingny View Post
                  I have a question about the new fitness standards. I am having slight difficulty with push ups. I am working myself up but I can not quite keep my arms tight to my body and my fitness expires next month. Does anyone know how strict they are on form? Are they looking for perfect military push ups, or is it ok that my elbows flare out? (Please keep in mind before anyone pokes fun at me for not being able to do push ups, I am female and I have been busting my butt to do the best that I can!)
                  Try this: http://hundredpushups.com/

I've read good reviews by female officers on this board and others. It seems like a good program.

I've told this to others that weren't in the military that the only way to get good at pushups is to do lots and lots of pushups. Try doing them facing a mirror also, it will help with your form and force you to keep your head/chin up which helps keep your rear end down (keys to form).

Hope this helps.

Comment

• Originally posted by bflogirl View Post
                    Maybe you should learn to count before you start telling everyone else how much better you are than them.
                    pwn!

Comment

• [QUOTE=Kmarttoaster;2208892]Skillz:
                      4. am under age 50
                      5. Currently teach
                      6. Am very cool

Little man syndrome

Condition whereby undersized men compensate for their smallness by physically asserting their presence.
                      Last edited by drcapp; 02-10-2010, 12:00 PM.

Comment

Skillz:
                        4. am under age 50
                        5. Currently teach
                        6. Am very cool

Job security
                        Ridiculous pay
                        Good healthcare
                        Etc.............

I currently work in public safety, and I have to say, KMart is exactly who shouldn’t be working in this field. For one, they “think” they are the best at what they do, and better at it than anyone who has been doing it for years. I’ve been doing it for 8 years, and seen people like you come and go, because they have the cowboy syndrome. They come in thinking they can do the job better than anyone else and flaunting their abilities. But in reality, all they have is the physical aspect, and nothing else. When this happens, no one wants to work with you. Your job attitude becomes crap, and it gets close to the point where your attitude becomes dangerous.

If you want to work for CBP, you better get your attitude in line.

You ARE going to meet guys who are 50 and are in as good shape as you. Trust me. I know some 70 year olds who can do my job as well as I can, and are in excellent physical shape for their age. And you better not **** them off, because they have already earned enough respect from the others to make your life a miserable hell.

You are going to meet uneducated officers who know more than you. I’ve seen doctors come through as if they are smarter than Einstein. The degree just says you are good at reading books, writing theses and understanding the subject. It doesn’t mean you can actually DO the job.

I guess the military life didn’t teach you how to keep your mouth shut and respect your superiors. You’re in for a rude awakening my friend, and I won’t pity you.

Comment

Skillz:
                          4. am under age 50
                          5. Currently teach
                          6. Am very cool

Job security
                          Ridiculous pay
                          Good healthcare
                          Etc.............

After serving in the military and on the verge of having a master’s degree I would think you would have a higher level of maturity. Many of us on here have degrees, served in the military, and have other life accomplishments and we don’t go around throwing it in people’s faces. Grow up!
                          The scariest part of your post, you claim you are a teacher and coach children.

Comment

• Originally posted by bflogirl View Post
                            HAHA

1 2 3 3 4 5

Comment

• Agreed Sag. I thought I was hot poo when I got off of ojt, until I started working with one of our legacy customs guys. That's when I realized I didn't know jack. Same went with working immigration cases with legacy immigration guys. These old and sometimes salty officers are the best teachers. Some of them may not be the nicest people, but the are good at what they do. And as for Mr. Kmart, do your really think your credentials are unique. Talk to some of the officers at your local port. You will see some pretty nice credentials to include, advanced degrees, military service (to include special forces) and prior law enforcement (state, local, and federal). Just some food for thought.
                              Don't tase me bro!!

Comment

• Althrough it is pretty funny that SOME, get on here and rant or brag. I think we should get back on topic. When do i get hired !!! LOL. Thanks to all who do help on here, i look forward to getting in and making it back to Mich, so i that i can have the fun that there is on job. Along with the great pay and bennies.

ps. 1,2,3,3,4,5 now that is funny and i don't care who you are!!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10511 users online. 208 members and 10303 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X