• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ranma143 View Post
    5% = 100+

100% = 2000+

enough said!
    Wow! Good Will Hunting? You do exist. I thought that was just a movie. If anyone gets the call, prey that you don’t have to room with this guy/girl.

enough said!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kmarttoaster
      Don't give up on your day job??? That's impressive... As for the whole "do more with less" I have a great idea for CBP to save money. Lets hire new CBPO's and get rid of the old crusty ones like you. We would save money and replace all of the old obsolete men making 100k a year.

Get a new hobby buddy.
      Have you ever stopped to think that someday you may be "an old crusty one" making 100k a year? I'm sure you won't be feeling the same way then.

It's hard to understand life when you haven't lived enough of it yet. When you finally move out of the parent's house, get a real job and real bills, raise a family, then you might be worthy of a comment like the one you handed out. Until then, stick to school and popping zits.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kmarttoaster
        Don't give up on your day job??? That's impressive... As for the whole "do more with less" I have a great idea for CBP to save money. Lets hire new CBPO's and get rid of the old crusty ones like you. We would save money and replace all of the old obsolete men making 100k a year.

Get a new hobby buddy.
        Sorry to tell you, but the "old crusty ones," are the ones with the skill. It takes years to develop the knowledge and expertise to really be a good officer.

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
          Typically, people spend 2-4 weeks at their port before going to training. It's far from a requirement though;
          I did get that email in December saying that we'd be doing 3-4 weeks at our station prior to FLETC.

Comment

• For anyone interested, my background investigation expired and I emailed MHC and asked them about the process. It had been a month since I sent back my forms.This was MHC response.

After one year, background investigations expire and need updating. This is why we sent you the FCRA form. When your background investigation is again cleared, you will return to your former queue position in the Training Scheduling Unit

Comment

• Good will hunting!!!!

haha
              Last edited by ranma143; 02-10-2010, 01:23 AM. Reason: special

Comment

• Originally posted by ford123 View Post
                Sorry to tell you, but the "old crusty ones," are the ones with the skill. It takes years to develop the knowledge and expertise to really be a good officer.
                ^^^^What he said. Some of the the old guys are bitter, but those are the guys that will teach you the most. Bigdawg is not bustin anyone's balls. He's in a position to relay some good info. Most of the info that guys on the job get about current hiring is second hand info unless you're at the academy or HQ. Big is in a positing to give first hand info. You also have to realize that this is the federal government. What is true today can change tomorrow.
                Don't tase me bro!!

Comment

• Written Exam

I have just received a phone call from Harris County S.O. in Texas & they have asked me to come in for the initial written exam, can anyone tell me what the exam is like?

Thanks,

Comment

Last edited by waitingny; 11-21-2011, 10:32 AM. Reason: deleted

Comment

• It is a 2009 EOD date.
                      Last edited by USMC0844; 02-09-2010, 07:31 PM.
                      CBPO East Texas
                      TO: 3/3/09
                      Pre-Emp Forms: 3/26/09
                      Fitness: 4/6/09 -Passed
                      Medical: 4/6/09 -Passed
                      VBT: 4/7/09 -Passed
                      Quals: (GS-7) 4/10/09 -Verified
                      Drug Test: 4/17/09 -Passed
                      BI: 8/27/09 -Cleared
                      TSU: 8/27/09
                      FCRA: 05/19/10
                      BI Update: 6/16/10

Comment

• Originally posted by waitingny View Post
                        Geo: Illinois
                        Test Score: 94
                        Quals: GS-7
                        Referred to Schedule EOD 4/30/2009

Did anyone else notice this a few pages back (pg 780) this person has an EOD date!
                        Common mistake. Don't get excited. People say EOD when they mean TSU. I was guilty of the same mistake wayyyyy back when I was a fresh faced young applicant.

Comment

Last edited by waitingny; 11-21-2011, 10:32 AM. Reason: deleted

Comment

• Originally posted by waitingny View Post
                            Geo: Illinois
                            Test Score: 94
                            Quals: GS-7
                            Referred to Schedule EOD 4/30/2009

Did anyone else notice this a few pages back (pg 780) this person has an EOD date!
                            TSU is goofy enough to refer to their "enter into TSU date" as an EOD date.

I suppose it is...of a sort, but no one in the real world outside of TSU considers the TSU date as an EOD date. For the rest of the world, your first day on the job is your EOD date.

Comment

• anyone from the bluewater bridge in port huron, mi ?!?!?!?

GEO: Port Huron, MI
                              NOR: June/09
                              TO:
                              Pre-Emp Forms:
                              Fitness:
                              Medical:
                              VBT:
                              Quals:
                              Drug Test:
                              BI:
                              TSU:
                              EOD:
                              FLETC:
                              CASS:

Comment

• Sleeper Troll and bogus profile.
                                Le gra'sta De' a Theim.
                                Galic: By The Grace Of God Go I.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9588 users online. 437 members and 9151 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X