300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by merlin436
    Offhand, I can't think a reason why we would need to carry under HR-218(since we already have 24/7 carry authority pretty much any and everywhere in the US) but I suppose a few just might exist.
    If you wanted to carry a different firearm, than your duty weapon..That would be the only reason I could think of..

Woops, I have to edit here....This is from someone in New York....You can buy and carry whatever you want in some other states, I am sure. (As a private citizen)
    Last edited by ford123; 02-10-2007, 01:02 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by ford123
      If you wanted to carry a different firearm, than your duty weapon..That would be the only reason I could think of..
      As I understand it, HR-218 requires that the agency qualifies you with the weapon you're carrying.
      I don't see CBP making it a practice to qualify people on anything other than duty weapons.

Comment

• Originally posted by mjcek
        need some help...

when I log onto e-qip to do the SF-86, i get an error message after i fill in the 3 "golden questions" (last name, city born in , and yr of birth)...

anyone else have this problem???
        if i remember correctly for city of birt ou have to type "unknown". dont know why but i think that might be your problem.

Comment

• cbp clothing

anyone know the website address where cbp officers go to to use their uniform allowance? my friend in the national guard is an officer here in michigan and he showed me the page once, but i forgot the address.
          thanks!

Comment

• Why not ask him again?

Comment

• Originally posted by Bullitt107
              Why not ask him again?
              Oh, because i know him from the national guard and wont see him again till next month? i thought it was like ptat or something.

Comment

• Originally posted by barnaj
                if i remember correctly for city of birt ou have to type "unknown". dont know why but i think that might be your problem.
                yeah that was it...thanks...

i was looking at a diff set of instructions and found it in another section of the book...

Comment

anyone know the website address where cbp officers go to to use their uniform allowance? my friend in the national guard is an officer here in michigan and he showed me the page once, but i forgot the address.
                  thanks!
                  It's www.vfsolutions.com

It's not going to do you much good unless you've got an account already set up though.

Edit: if you do happen to have an account and you happen to know your password to log in...IMO you're crazy to order ANYTHING until after you complete FLETC and make it back to your port. Too many NUGS order stuff only to find out later that port policy bars the wearing of it. That goes for Sally's stuff too.
                  Last edited by merlin436; 02-13-2007, 12:03 AM.

Comment

I think that you are right on this.
                    I remember reading an instruction to type unknown for the city that you were born in.

Make sure to take you time reading "ALL" the instructions that are sent to you. That's one of the reasons that all of this is so time consuming.

Comment

• Originally posted by jth1999
                      I think that you are right on this.
                      I remember reading an instruction to type unknown for the city that you were born in.

Make sure to take you time reading "ALL" the instructions that are sent to you. That's one of the reasons that all of this is so time consuming.
                      yeah, aint that the truth! that package takes so darn long as it is, you might as well take your time and do it correctly.

Comment

yeah, aint that the truth! that package takes so darn long as it is, you might as well take your time and do it correctly.

I think that I got my Tenetive Selection letter the 1st week of December and then the paperwork arrived about a week later. It took me 8 months just to get the tenetive selection letter!
                        Since then, I spent 4 hours filling out the SF-86 and then another 2 hours filling out the rest of the docs/making copies of all of them.
                        Can you believe that my local PD charge me $45 to do my finger prints!!!
                        I wonder if that's reimbursable?...
                        I found out that I passed the VBT and Drug test just last Wednesday.
                        CASS says that all that's remaining is my qualifications check and my background check.
                        I wonder how much longer it's going to be.
                        I think that I read somewhere on this forum that if I get a Final Offer that it may be for more then 1 post.
                        Does anyone know what the likleyhood of that is?
                        Does anyone know what happens if I don't like any of the locations that they offer me?
                        by the way, thanks for letting me vent!
                        I just can't believe how long this has taken.

Comment

I think that I got my Tenetive Selection letter the 1st week of December and then the paperwork arrived about a week later. It took me 8 months just to get the tenetive selection letter!
                          Since then, I spent 4 hours filling out the SF-86 and then another 2 hours filling out the rest of the docs/making copies of all of them.
                          Can you believe that my local PD charge me $45 to do my finger prints!!!
                          I wonder if that's reimbursable?...
                          I found out that I passed the VBT and Drug test just last Wednesday.
                          CASS says that all that's remaining is my qualifications check and my background check.
                          I wonder how much longer it's going to be.
                          I think that I read somewhere on this forum that if I get a Final Offer that it may be for more then 1 post.
                          Does anyone know what happens if I don't like any of the locations that they offer me?
                          by the way, thanks for letting me vent!
                          I just can't believe how long this has taken.
                          Yeah it takes a while doesnt it? Im like you, waiting for my background and qualifications. cant see why qualifications takes so long. you tell em straight what high school, etc. you went to. by the way, i dont suggest turning down any location if you dont like it. if you're like me you better just bite the bullett and take whatever they offer, or you made all the hassle just a waste of your time.
                          Good Luck.

Comment

1. Maybe to probably, depending on what your selections were. If you picked northern MN, ND or anywhere...probably.

2. You walk. Maybe...just maybe they'll let you hang in limbo waiting for a chance that a port more to your choosing opens up...but don't count on it.

Comment

if you're like me you better just bite the bullett and take whatever they offer, or you made all the hassle just a waste of your time.
                              Good Luck.
                              If you're willing to spend 4-5-6 years out in the middle of nowhere...or you only using CBP as a stepping stone into another agency...that might work. Most likely you'll end up quiting otherwise.

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436
                                If you're willing to spend 4-5-6 years out in the middle of nowhere...or you only using CBP as a stepping stone into another agency...that might work. Most likely you'll end up quiting otherwise.
                                yeah, well im not sure what the job market is like where you are from, but michigan's is the worst in the country. aint nobody turnin down good jobs around here!!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9008 users online. 427 members and 8581 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X