300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by deyosurf19 View Post
    After each situation, you have plenty of time to respond. At the end they start another situation. Only on the last situation are you able to give a reason why you responded how you did. But that is only for the LAST situation. The other responses you make you aren't allowed to justify your responses.
    So I will sit there, watching a brief video, the video will stop and I'll respond as if I was actually talking to the person(s) in the stopped video? This already seems a little awkward. Is the camera recording me the entire time, or only when I'm giving my responses? I definitely don't want them seeing me dozing off, etc.

Thanks for the info, Deyo.
    "Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize... HALF OF THEM ARE STUPIDER THAN THAT!"

- The Late George Carlin

Comment

• Originally posted by williamssd View Post
      So I will sit there, watching a brief video, the video will stop and I'll respond as if I was actually talking to the person(s) in the stopped video? This already seems a little awkward. Is the camera recording me the entire time, or only when I'm giving my responses? I definitely don't want them seeing me dozing off, etc.

Thanks for the info, Deyo.
      The camera is rolling during the instructions, and until you are finished. It is awkward. Keep a customer service mindset. It won't be anything too difficult if you keep this in mind.
      CBPO - Nirgendwo in Amerika

Comment

• CBPO FLETC and EOD questions

Do CBPO classes commence at FLETC every 15 weeks or are they staggered (meaning a new class of candidates begins on a rolling weekly, biweekly, or monthly basis)?

Also, is the time between the final offer call and EOD date negotiable or is two weeks the standard time-frame? I’m eager to start my career as a CBPO but would like to give my employer at least three weeks to allow enough time to properly cross-train and transition my current position to someone else.

Thanks for your insight and my apologies if variations of these questions have been asked before.

Comment

• change

I've already got a TO but I was thinking of changing my geopref. How do I do that? thanks in advance for the help

Comment

• Originally posted by jwm0516 View Post
            I've already got a TO but I was thinking of changing my geopref. How do I do that? thanks in advance for the help

Send an email to [email protected] . Include your SSN in the email. They'll send you a Notice of Results stating the new geo pref and your score via email.
            CBPO - Nirgendwo in Amerika

Comment

• Originally posted by HokieBird View Post
              Send an email to [email protected] . Include your SSN in the email. They'll send you a Notice of Results stating the new geo pref and your score via email.
              I think that once you receive a TO you can't change your geo preference.

Comment

• you can change your preference whenever you want. However, if you change it, then they take back the offer and you just have to wait for another TO to come in the mail....stick with it unless you REALLY need to change your location.

Comment

• Anyone who is or has been at FLETC, have you seen anyone with tattoos on their forearms? Just curious..

Comment

• Originally posted by jbsm1013 View Post
                    Do CBPO classes commence at FLETC every 15 weeks or are they staggered (meaning a new class of candidates begins on a rolling weekly, biweekly, or monthly basis)? There are currently 18 CBPO classes going on at FLETC. CBPO's make up a bulk of the student population here right now. New classes start either every week or sometimes twice a week.

Also, is the time between the final offer call and EOD date negotiable or is two weeks the standard time-frame? It may be negotiable but don't count on itI’m eager to start my career as a CBPO but would like to give my employer at least three weeks to allow enough time to properly cross-train and transition my current position to someone else. Sadly the G doesn't care about your current employer and may only give you a few days or a week in a worst case scenario.

Thanks for your insight and my apologies if variations of these questions have been asked before.

Comment

• Originally posted by FutureLE View Post
                      Anyone who is or has been at FLETC, have you seen anyone with tattoos on their forearms? Just curious..
                      Many, to include US Marshals, ICE, BOP, CBPO's, and some dudes that look like bikers and work for someone I probably don't want to know about.

Comment

• Originally posted by robeans View Post
                        Many, to include US Marshals, ICE, BOP, CBPO's, and some dudes that look like bikers and work for someone I probably don't want to know about.
                        Hehe, sounds like DEA UCs.

Comment

• Originally posted by FutureLE View Post
                          Anyone who is or has been at FLETC, have you seen anyone with tattoos on their forearms? Just curious..
                          Or going through training at the Fort Benning Ranger center and laughing at the looks on the faces of the Ranger trainees at the long haired, bearded guys, goateed guys with BDU's in the mess hall, back in the 90's. I'm sure it looked like recruiting standards had gone completely out the window.

Comment

• Can anybody from Detroit shed some light on the amount of OT currently available?

Comment

• Originally posted by ammo19 View Post
                              First I met with the BI at a diner in the town that I work in. After our face to face he physically went in to my place of employment. I am not sure who or how many people he talked to but I am sure I will find out tomorrow morning.
                              Wouldn't happen to have been the Eagle Diner now would it?
                              ICE IEA Philadelphia FO (Dingmans Ferry, PA)
                              Written: 5/15/08
                              NOR: 5/20/08
                              TO: 10/28/08
                              Medical/Drug Test: Cleared from CBP
                              Fitness: 2/02/09
                              BI: 3/15/09
                              OB: 4/24
                              EOD: 7/27
                              FLETC: 7/29 (Class 928)

CBPO Pennsylvania
                              Written: 3/15/08
                              NOR: 4/2/08
                              TO: 5/22/08
                              Pre-Emp Forms: 6/2/08
                              Fitness/Medical: 6/18/08
                              VBT: 6/30/08
                              Drug Test: 7/10/08
                              Quals: (GS-7) 7/23/08
                              Met w/ BI: 9/24/08
                              BI submitted: 10/10/08
                              TSU: 4/2/09
                              Removed from TSU (med/fit): 6/4
                              EOD:

Comment

• Originally posted by JDNoble81 View Post
                                Wouldn't happen to have been the Eagle Diner now would it?
                                No, it was Perkins in Doylestown. But the Eagle Diner is not too far from me.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9714 users online. 366 members and 9348 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X