300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bolts56 View Post
    I hear you, but the same can be said for Miami, San Francisco, LA/Long Beach, Detroit, Buffalo, Seattle, JFK, San Diego etc. etc. I think we're all confident that a lot of POE's need Officers, but for whatever reason there is just no hiring taking place.

I know that it is easier said than done, but don't question what is happening here as it is beyond logic or common sense. There is a log jam in hiring and no one besides us applicants really cares. Instead of trying to make sense of this, spend your time applying to the Air Marshal position, Bureau of Prisons and local agencies. I have heard that Dallas and Houston PD's are hiring; is that something you're interested in? Texas State Trooper? Best of luck to you. Don't let this process, or lack thereof, chew you up...
    I know a couple guys who work at SF. They said they have more than enough officers. During the big hiring push a couple years back they over hired, then the economy took a nose dive. Not a good combination for those of us waiting to be hired. I bet there are similar situations at other ports around the country.

Comment

• Aside from all the talk on all the major regions, does anybody have any information on staffing levels for PA? I believe it covers Philly, Pittsburg, a lil bit of Delaware, and a lil bit of Jersey. According to Anthony's list, I'm the only one on the TSU list for PA, which seems cool, but I know there has to be peopel in front of me "in real life" that aren't on this forum lol....

Comment

• Originally posted by USMC0844 View Post
        This was very hard to read. What I read is that you tested in 06 and are now in TSU. Your wife is an officer at Newark and she has informed you that Newark is having the training unit stand down as they do not expect any new hires in the near future.
        yes!
        Test 10/07
        TSU 8/24/09

Comment

• I don't know about you guys, but wouldn't it be cool to at least get paid say $50 per month just for being in TSU.
          Test: November 2008
          TO: 12/26/08
          Qualifications: 1/09/09-completed
          VBT 1/21/09-completed
          Medical - 1/22/09 - cleared 3/09
          Fitness - 1/22/09 - completed
          Drug test - 7/1/2009 completed
          BI - 6/22/2009 Met with Investigator
          TSU- Referred to Schedule 12/1/2009

Geographic Location- San Francisco/Oakland Airport

Comment

• Originally posted by 1Lnation View Post
            I don't know about you guys, but wouldn't it be cool to at least get paid say $50 per month just for being in TSU.
            Damn you are moving from michigan to SFO...........

The SF line is too long...argh...haha

Comment

• Originally posted by ranma143 View Post
              Damn you are moving from michigan to SFO...........

The SF line is too long...argh...haha
              yup, SF TSU line is really long. I am 4/2/09 and I know of 4 guys ahead of me and may 10 guys behind me that are not on the list.. I bet there is a another dozen or so out there.

Comment

• well...i have been hearing some about the FY 2011 budget...anyone care to speculate what this October will bring for us in TSU?? Although it would be nice if nobody has to wait around to see it happen.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bob236 View Post
                  well...i have been hearing some about the FY 2011 budget...anyone care to speculate what this October will bring for us in TSU?? Although it would be nice if nobody has to wait around to see it happen.

It brings funding for 300 officers. Was posted a few pages back:

Strengthens Border Security and Immigration Verification Programs. The Budget includes funding to support 20,000 Border Patrol agents and complete the first segment of Customs and Border Protection’s (CBP’s) virtual border fence. The Budget also includes funding for 300 new CBP officers for passenger and cargo screening at ports of entry, as well as expansion of pre-screening operations at foreign airports and land ports of entry. The Budget provides more than $1.6 billion for Immigration and Customs Enforcement programs to expeditiously identify and remove from the United States illegal aliens who commit crimes. Included in this total is continued support for the Secure Communities program.
                  CBPO East Texas
                  TO: 3/3/09
                  Pre-Emp Forms: 3/26/09
                  Fitness: 4/6/09 -Passed
                  Medical: 4/6/09 -Passed
                  VBT: 4/7/09 -Passed
                  Quals: (GS-7) 4/10/09 -Verified
                  Drug Test: 4/17/09 -Passed
                  BI: 8/27/09 -Cleared
                  TSU: 8/27/09
                  FCRA: 05/19/10
                  BI Update: 6/16/10

Comment

• 300...and there is like 2000+ us waiting in TSU..GOOD LUCK!!!!

Comment

• "300 new CBP officers"

As in addition to those several hundred 'old' 2011 hires who are needed to replace those leaving due to retirements, deaths, firings and whatever other causes of attrition.

Comment

• I would have to agree with Merlin. New officers are new positions, as opposed to officers hired to maintain staffing levels. There was an actual break down in the 2010 budget between the difference between new officers and officers hired to maintain staffing levels. I think the 300 new officers are designed to expand the pre-clearance programs and other various programs that Big Sis is wanting to expand.
                        But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object, evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new guards for their future security.

For the intelectually challenged: If the government screws the people enough, it is the right and responsibility of the people to revolt and form a new government.

Comment

• Originally posted by kc12 View Post
                          I would have to agree with Merlin. New officers are new positions, as opposed to officers hired to maintain staffing levels. There was an actual break down in the 2010 budget between the difference between new officers and officers hired to maintain staffing levels. I think the 300 new officers are designed to expand the pre-clearance programs and other various programs that Big Sis is wanting to expand.
                          They said there would be "new positions" in addition to attrition replacement last year. So far, in the past 5 months of the new fiscal year, I don't believe we've seen a single new hire to any port in the entire US. There is a reason the President want's to cut funding to CBP - It's most likely because:

A. The agency doesn't fit into the strategy of securing aircraft prior to loading and departure, like the FAMS/TSA do.

B. Passenger volume has, so far, outpaced attrition in the major airports for negative growth.

CBP at big airports analyze passengers AFTER they have landed, only from abroad, and after the threat to passengers is largely over. When has their been an attack AT an airport AFTER arrival? If you are en route, you would be best served to attack the aircraft in flight. If you are departing an airport domestically, CBP has nothing to do with you, as it isn't in their charter. Unless the administration starts pushing Customs pre-clearance abroad or there is a congressional change to CBP powers, we will rely on passenger and cargo volume for growth. This is the most telling as to whether a job is coming or not. I'll start to get psyched when JFK posts big numbers or when an act of congress begins construction on pre-clearance sites at every major foreign airport.
                          Last edited by TuffStuffCBP; 02-05-2010, 07:48 AM.
                          CBPO
                          GEO - NY/JFK
                          TEST - 03/08 (NOR: 04/08)

TO - 01/09
                          PE Forms - Completed
                          Fitness - Completed
                          VBT - 03/09 - Completed
                          Drug Screen - Completed
                          Qual - 05/09 - Completed
                          B.I. - 05/09 - Completed
                          Medical - 05/09 - Completed
                          TSU

EOD: ???
                          FLETC: ???

Comment

• Hi to all, its been awhile. If I were you I would apply everywhere as you aready know, take the TSA gig. Take the job you really dont want but in the agency you want. Just do it, get in. TSA has alot of Inspector spots that open every mo. Take a look and see if you quilify, there open to the public, at least most are. ICE, CBP, have a ton of 1802/1801 jobs that would be great and prepare you for what you want in the end. I was offered jobs with DLA, FAMS and DHS for LE gigs "finally" LOL. Also a bunch of referred for BIA, USFWS, US Marshalls etc... Just keep it up. Now I just have to get back to the states to finish a few things...

BIA has a ton of jobs posted on usajobs for LEO. Also entry for USFWS...take a look, good luck
                            Last edited by MP-K-9; 02-05-2010, 08:04 AM. Reason: typo
                            "whys the sky blue? because god loves the Infantry"

Comment

• PARK RANGER (LE/REFUGE)
                              Job Announcement Number: WA311164-DZ
                              Pay Plan: GS-0025-07/05
                              Location: US-Site to be determined after selection is made Active U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service

1/26/2010 POLICE OFFICER, GL-0083-4/5/6/7/8
                              Job Announcement Number: D-OLES 10/10
                              Pay Plan: GL-0083-08/04
                              Location: US-Site to be determined after selection is made Active Bureau of Indian Affairs
                              "whys the sky blue? because god loves the Infantry"

Comment

• That BIA gig is hard to get into if you are not of Indian descent.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9088 users online. 451 members and 8637 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X