300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B.i.

I spoke to tsu today and they told me that if my bi expires before i get the call. They send out a form to update my credit report, not the hole thing all over. Is this not true??? are people having to redo the hole thing again!!

Also they told me that a academy is strating in March and that it is for all over not just the southern border. ????

does any one know what really is going on with the back ground when it expires?

thanks, hppd48
    Last edited by HPPD#48; 02-02-2010, 06:25 PM. Reason: //

Comment

• Originally posted by HPPD#48 View Post
      I spoke to tsu today and they told me that if my bi expires before i get the call. They send out a form to update my credit report, not the hole thing all over. Is this not true??? are people having to redo the hole thing again!!

Also they told me that a academy is strating in March and that it is for all over not just the southern border. ????

does any one know what really is going on with the back ground when it expires?

thanks, hppd48
      My background expired last month. On CASS it showed my paperwork expired and background. I called MHC and they sent me a form to update my credit report. That was it. I had to make two original copies and send it back. That was about a month ago. Now when I check CASS I have all green checks except BI. Next to the BI it says "in the security office" which I assume will be there until they run the credit check again. A few pages back someone told me that it took them about 40 days to get back into TSU after their BI expired. I don't believe they do the whole thing over.

Comment

• UofU76

UofU76,

thanks for the info. Man i was getting ready to go crazy. Just think if you have to redo all of it again and wait ( for me ) 7 mo for them to finish.

At that rate i would never get in!!! It would expire and redo and wait, then expire and redo, etc.... Wow that would really suck!!!!!

thanks again.

Comment

• Saw this today on DHS web site: http://www.dhs.gov/ynews/releases/pr_1265049379725.shtm

CBP Officers: An increase of $44.8M is requested to fund 318 CBP Officers FTEs within the Office of Field Operations and 71 support FTEs for CBP. The decline in the number of passengers and conveyances entering the United States in FY 2009 resulted in an almost 8 percent decrease in revenues from inspection user fees. CBP, therefore, has fewer resources to maintain critical staffing levels for CBP officers. The proposed funding will allow CBP to maintain staffing for critical positions to protect the United States at its ports of entry.

A little more reason for the slow down in hiring and a little hope for the future.
          Now don't say I never gave you anything
          Life is what happens while you are waiting for something better to come along.

Comment

• tsu

I've been on the TSU since 10/09 for Calexico/ Andrade. I live in the area, is actually not that bad if you like the heat. So, do we or don't have to take the new physical test (if we are not expired). I'm confused

Comment

• Originally posted by HPPD#48 View Post
              UofU76,

thanks for the info. Man i was getting ready to go crazy. Just think if you have to redo all of it again and wait ( for me ) 7 mo for them to finish.

At that rate i would never get in!!! It would expire and redo and wait, then expire and redo, etc.... Wow that would really suck!!!!!

thanks again.
              WOW
              Take a quick look at my timeline!.... I have had to Re-do all of my steps 3 times already, while my BI is still PENDING, consider yourself lucky to have gotten to TSU that "quick" even though you still have to wait for "the call"...
              CBPO
              Written: 08/29/2007
              EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• not that lucky

i took the test in dec 06, got the to in may 08 just shy of the 1 1/2 mark. started all my testing and got it all done by oct 08. Sat down with my B.I guy in nov 08 and back ground cleared june 09. Retook the physical july 09 and tsu aug 09. Now my B.G will expire in june 10. Still waiting on the call!!

Lucky.... no i've worked my tail off trying to get this job, just like everyone else. Not mad or any thing just saying... not lucky!!!!
                Last edited by HPPD#48; 02-03-2010, 12:16 AM.

Comment

• Ever wonder how many people are in our shoes (not being called), that have been waiting just as long if not longer than us?? Thats what worries me the most, that there's 10,000 people waiting for the actual call...... TSU since Dec. 10, 2009.... Just thinking out loud.

Comment

• how is the list for SF/OAK?

Comment

• Originally posted by ranma143 View Post
                      how is the list for SF/OAK?
                      First one in the line has TSU date back to early March 2009. It's very long list

Comment

• Originally posted by ni86 View Post
                        First one in the line has TSU date back to early March 2009. It's very long list
                        Well that makes me feel really great when the first one in East Texas is 12/08. So does that mean we have a very, very long list?
                        CBPO East Texas
                        TO: 3/3/09
                        Pre-Emp Forms: 3/26/09
                        Fitness: 4/6/09 -Passed
                        Medical: 4/6/09 -Passed
                        VBT: 4/7/09 -Passed
                        Quals: (GS-7) 4/10/09 -Verified
                        Drug Test: 4/17/09 -Passed
                        BI: 8/27/09 -Cleared
                        TSU: 8/27/09
                        FCRA: 05/19/10
                        BI Update: 6/16/10

Comment

• I can definetely understand everybody's frustration with the hiring process. I received my NOR (100) in June/09 and haven't heard anything after that.
                          ICE 1811

Written Test: July/2009
                          SI/WS: Mar/2010
                          TSL: May 10/2010
                          T&S: Sept 24/2010
                          The Call: Oct 29/2010
                          EOD: Dec 5/2010
                          FLETC: Dec 13/2010

Comment

• Originally posted by yoda View Post
                            WOW
                            Take a quick look at my timeline!.... I have had to Re-do all of my steps 3 times already, while my BI is still PENDING, consider yourself lucky to have gotten to TSU that "quick" even though you still have to wait for "the call"...
                            I don't understand why you are still in limbo. You should have a yes or no by now. What could possibly be taking them this long? You sent in your NOPA response over a year ago. Why so drawn out? How could it take them a year to consider your response? Do you think they are keeping you in limbo for any particular reason?

Comment

• Originally posted by USMC0844 View Post
                              Well that makes me feel really great when the first one in East Texas is 12/08. So does that mean we have a very, very long list?
                              It could be longer. Most people in TSU are not members of this forum. The lists that have been put toegther are incomplete because it's only made up of a hand full of us that are on this forum. I last heard there was around 2000 people in TSU, that was about 3 months ago.

Comment

• Originally posted by UofU76 View Post
                                I don't understand why you are still in limbo. You should have a yes or no by now. What could possibly be taking them this long? You sent in your NOPA response over a year ago. Why so drawn out? How could it take them a year to consider your response? Do you think they are keeping you in limbo for any particular reason?
                                I wish I knew the answer to that!...I have tried all avenues with IA to see what's going on, and all I get is that it takes time.
                                CBPO
                                Written: 08/29/2007
                                EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4829 users online. 297 members and 4532 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X