300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CMUnupe View Post
    I got this off of another forum posted by someone else. I don't know if this is legit or not. If it is, I got dibs on class 1021. That means a call sometime around March. You guys can argue over the other dates.

Classes scheduled for FY10:

1006 11/18/09-03/01/10

1012 01/28/10-05/11/10

1020 04/29/10-08/11/10

1021 05/06/10-08/18/10

1022 05/19/10-08/31/10

1023 05/27/10-09/09/10

1024 06/09/10-09/21/10

1025 06/17/10-09/29/10

1026 07/08/10-10/20/10

1027 07/15/10-10/27/10

1028 07/28/10-11/09/10

1029 08/05/10-11/18/10

1030 08/17/10-12/02/10

1031 08/24/10-12/09/10

1032 09/01/10-12/17/10
    Could be good news or could indicate what has already been posted. My guess is that if class sizes were cut in half as has been previously mentioned, that schedule would be just about enough to keep the southern border ports fully staffed. Figure a cancelled class here or there and combined with the new tougher standards (= fail outs) this would seem to be confirmation of only SB hiring for this year. Just my opinion which is not worth much.
    Last edited by USMC0844; 02-01-2010, 05:03 PM.
    CBPO East Texas
    TO: 3/3/09
    Pre-Emp Forms: 3/26/09
    Fitness: 4/6/09 -Passed
    Medical: 4/6/09 -Passed
    VBT: 4/7/09 -Passed
    Quals: (GS-7) 4/10/09 -Verified
    Drug Test: 4/17/09 -Passed
    BI: 8/27/09 -Cleared
    TSU: 8/27/09
    FCRA: 05/19/10
    BI Update: 6/16/10

Comment

• I got a quick ??. When SW border is referred to on here, is that the entire U.S. Mexico border or just SW as in Southern California?? In other words can someone define SW Border?? I'm TSU for Andrade/Calexico, the worst place to work and live...

Comment

• Originally posted by dezertdude6 View Post
        I got a quick ??. When SW border is referred to on here, is that the entire U.S. Mexico border or just SW as in Southern California?? In other words can someone define SW Border?? I'm TSU for Andrade/Calexico, the worst place to work and live...
        Land Border U.S. / Mexico. Brownsville to San Ysidro.
        Life is what happens while you are waiting for something better to come along.

Comment

• Just applied for a desk job on usajobs

Do you feel that? It's hope fading...
          "He made the night a little brighter where ever he would go. The old lamplighter of long, long ago."

Comment

• I have a question for someone who knows. Please refrain from personal opinions.

I am in the process of enlisting in the Army National Guard & I was referred to TSU for CBP. My question is, if I enlist & ship to basic training for the National Guard and CBP calls while I am in training, will I be passed over for the position or would it be held until I graduate basic training?

Thanks
            Geo Pref - Boston
            Written - 7/25/2008
            TO - 3/6/2009
            Pre-Employment Forms - 3/11/2009 Complete
            Qualifications (GS05/07) - 3/11/2009 Complete GS07
            VBT - 3/24/2009 Passed
            Med/Phys - 3/25/2009 Passed
            Drug Test - 4/3/2009 Passed
            BI - 5/13/2009
            TSU - 9/04/2009

Comment

• Originally posted by JaredB11381 View Post
              I have a question for someone who knows. Please refrain from personal opinions.

I am in the process of enlisting in the Army National Guard & I was referred to TSU for CBP. My question is, if I enlist & ship to basic training for the National Guard and CBP calls while I am in training, will I be passed over for the position or would it be held until I graduate basic training?

Thanks
              Go right ahead and enlist!...
              The way things are moving, you will ship out and come back, and still be waiting for the call... Of course it will depend on your MOS training time as well. If you pick an MOS that is 3-6 months long then it could be a concern, but then again you can simply call MHC or TSU to inform them of your enlistment. They will ask you to fax in your orders so that you don't lose your TO and remain as a candidate. Remember to do this before you ship off to BCT, because you will have NO phone access, only for emergencies or earned privilege.

Good Luck!

BTW
              Look at my timeline... I enlisted, went off to BCT, and now waiting for Federal OCS in April... nothing has changed on my status!
              CBPO
              Written: 08/29/2007
              EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by JaredB11381 View Post
                I have a question for someone who knows. Please refrain from personal opinions.

Thanks
                Go ahead and enlist, you will be back before this thing gets moving. The TSU line for Boston starts back in 2008.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lamp Lighter View Post
                  Just applied for a desk job on usajobs

Well you will be downright depressed. I also applied for 4 "desk" jobs in the past 4 months. Other than my "thanks for applying" and my ratings , I have yet to hear another peep! Insane

Comment

I have been doing the same thing. Finally got a response from the IRS to go move to the next step in their hiring process.

Depressing Sidenote: FAMS are hiring in my preferred geo and I can't apply: 38 is too old.
                    Written Test: 3/08
                    NOR: 4/08
                    TO: 4/08
                    Medical: 4/08
                    Fitness: 6/08
                    VBT: 6/08
                    Met with investigator: 10/08
                    Received NOPA: 11/08
                    Won appeal: 3/09
                    TSU: 4/23/09 (Michigan) pulled in May for fitness
                    New fitness: 7/28/09
                    Back in TSU: 8/3/09

Comment

• Originally posted by CMUnupe View Post
                      I have been doing the same thing. Finally got a response from the IRS to go move to the next step in their hiring process.

Depressing Sidenote: FAMS are hiring in my preferred geo and I can't apply: 38 is too old.
                      I applied for the following:

IRS Revenue Officer: Rec'd offer and rejected - I am not going out and taking peoples assets w/o a gun for $35k. Can do the same thing for the state and get a gun.

IRS Revenue Agent: Currently in process. Cat A+

Defense Contract Audit Agency: Application Submitted.

CBP Auditor: Application Submitted.
                      CBPO East Texas

Comment

Me too!! Blah!!

Comment

• I just came across this. Could be good for us.

http://washingtontimes.com/news/2010...turn-of-big-g/

While I am a pretty staunch conservative who is against a bloated federal government...I really need a job. Haha.
                          "He made the night a little brighter where ever he would go. The old lamplighter of long, long ago."

Comment

• Here is the 2011 budget breakdown from the WSJ.

http://online.wsj.com/public/page/obama-budget.html

Click Homeland Security under Budget Details on right.

Funding Highlights:
                            • Supports aviation security by deploying up to 1,000 Advanced Imaging Technology screening machines that can identify anomalies such as firearms and explosives on passengers, and by increasing the number of international flights on which Federal Air Marshals are present.

• Protects against threats to the homeland by procuring and deploying next-generation
                            BioWatch sensors nationwide and supporting the Comprehensive National Cybersecurity
                            Initiative.

• Strengthens border security and immigration enforcement by supporting 20,000 Border Patrol agents, adding 300 new officers at ports of entry, completing the first segment of the virtual border fence, and by enhancing and expanding immigration verification systems.

• Supports State homeland security activities through funding provided to States and localities to protect Americans from terrorist attacks and natural disasters. Specifically, provides $4 billion in State and local programs funding for risk-informed grants and additional assistance to our Nation’s first responders as well as $1.95 billion for disaster assistance.

• Continues recapitalization of key Coast Guard assets, including $538 million to construct the fifth National Security Cutter and $240 million to construct four more Fast Response Cutters.

Strengthens Border Security and Immigration Verification Programs. The Budget
                            includes funding to support 20,000 Border Patrol agents and complete the first segment of Customs and Border Protection’s (CBP’s) virtual border fence. The Budget also includes funding for 300 new CBP officers for passenger and cargo screening at ports of entry, as well as expansion of pre-screening operations at foreign airports and land ports of entry. The Budget provides more than $1.6 billion for Immigration and Customs Enforcement programs to expeditiously identify and remove from the United States illegal aliens who commit crimes. Included in this total is
                            continued support for the Secure Communities program.

To enhance and expand immigration related verification programs, the Budget provides $137 million to the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services. Through E-Verify, U.S. employers can maintain a legal workforce by verifying the employment eligibility of their workers, while Systematic Alien Verification for Entitlements (SAVE) assists Federal, State, and local benefit- granting agencies with determining eligibility for benefits by verifying immigration status. These programs promote compliance with immigration laws and prevent individuals from obtaining benefits for which they are not eligible.
                            Last edited by USMC0844; 02-02-2010, 02:02 PM.
                            CBPO East Texas

Comment

I just came across this. Could be good for us.

http://washingtontimes.com/news/2010...turn-of-big-g/

While I am a pretty staunch conservative who is against a bloated federal government...I really need a job. Haha.
                              I'd rather have a healthy society than a Federal job if I had to make the choice, so there is consolation in major cuts.
                              Last edited by TuffStuffCBP; 02-02-2010, 01:57 PM.
                              CBPO
                              GEO - NY/JFK
                              TEST - 03/08 (NOR: 04/08)

TO - 01/09
                              PE Forms - Completed
                              Fitness - Completed
                              VBT - 03/09 - Completed
                              Drug Screen - Completed
                              Qual - 05/09 - Completed
                              B.I. - 05/09 - Completed
                              Medical - 05/09 - Completed
                              TSU

EOD: ???
                              FLETC: ???

Comment

• Background...
                                I just spoke to a friend who applied in jul 08 and referred to tsu last year. She told me that she got a packet in the mail that she has to redo her background all over as it is no longer current. I thought background is good for 2 years after it cleared? Could someone please explain.
                                CBPO
                                Written: 08/18/08
                                NOR:8/22/08 LAX/LB 90
                                TO: 09/23/08
                                Pre-employment Forms: Completed 10/08
                                Medical: Completed 12/08
                                Drug Test: Completed 11/08
                                Fitness: Completed 10/08 (retest 10/05/09)
                                VBT: Completed 11/08
                                BI: Completed (met with BI 12/10/08)
                                Qualifications: Completed 2/26/09

3/2/2009 You have tentatively met the pre-employment requirements and your file is being reviewed.
                                3/4/2009 Referred to Schedule EOD

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6238 users online. 351 members and 5887 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X