Clear All

• happy 5 months!!
    TSU - 8/28/09
    TO - 3/2009
    On the job

Comment

• Originally posted by anydaynow View Post
      change of subject.

how does pay work? if i ever get the call, i'm wondering how much i'll get paid. i can read the pay chart just fine, but after one year, will i go from a 7 to a 9? or a seven step 2? do you go up every year, quarter, etc. does it depend on evaluations or job performance? again, any info is appreciated.
      if u get hired as a 7/1 it's easy.. next year, 9/1, then 11/1.. then allegedly 12/1 then u start steps.. but thats a long time from now..... u do have year end "performance evals" that are merely a formality...

Comment

• new member here

first off let me say hello to everyone here on this forum. i been a lurker for about 3mths now and finally got approved for this board after about 3 weeks. i have so many questions that i would like answered here as i am kinda lost. i am presently serving in the New York Army national guard but living in florida. i took the CBPO test in Port huron, MI (which is my geo location) last year april and recieved a passing score in the first week of june (GS-5). Ever since then i have not heard anything from MHC.

now my questions

i have figured out the obvious but what do these mean (sorry i didn't search as this thread is over 700 pages) hopefully someone can answer these for me TIA

TO: <--- ?
        Pre-Emp Forms: <--- ?
        Fitness:
        Medical:
        VBT: <--- ?
        Quals: <--- ?
        Drug Test:
        BI:
        TSU:
        EOD: <--- ?
        FLETC:<--- ?

now my second question

since i've recieved my passing score and been sitting for the past six mths. I've read in some recent posts that there is some kind of hiring freeze but is there a number that i can call to find out why i haven't recieved anything as far as why my process hasn't started such as medical, fitness, etc. as i pretty much haven't started anything as yet.

GEO: Port Huron, MI
        NOR: June/09
        TO:
        Pre-Emp Forms:
        Fitness:
        Medical:
        VBT:
        Quals:
        Drug Test:
        BI:
        TSU:
        EOD:
        FLETC:
        CASS:

Comment

• I been waiting.. took the test in 2006 been in TSU since 8/09.. my wife is a officer.. and we just found out our port.. there breaking down the training unit.. and said its because they wont be hiring for at least another year.. Newark.. Sucks.. but I'm getting turned off.. might just stay in the career i'm in now. and forget that!!
          Test 10/07
          TSU 8/24/09

Comment

• Originally posted by pbnj4296 View Post
            first off let me say hello to everyone here on this forum. i been a lurker for about 3mths now and finally got approved for this board after about 3 weeks. i have so many questions that i would like answered here as i am kinda lost. i am presently serving in the New York Army national guard but living in florida. i took the CBPO test in Port huron, MI (which is my geo location) last year april and recieved a passing score in the first week of june (GS-5). Ever since then i have not heard anything from MHC.

now my questions

i have figured out the obvious but what do these mean (sorry i didn't search as this thread is over 700 pages) hopefully someone can answer these for me TIA

TO: <--- ? tentative offer (after passing test, starting the process)
            Pre-Emp Forms: <--- ? this comes with the tentative offer
            Fitness:
            Medical:
            VBT: <--- ? Verbal Board Test
            Quals: <--- ? Qualified.. GS 5 .. GS 7
            Drug Test:
            BI:
            TSU:
            EOD: <--- ? Entry on Duty
            FLETC:<--- ? Federal law enforcement training center

now my second question

since i've recieved my passing score and been sitting for the past six mths. I've read in some recent posts that there is some kind of hiring freeze but is there a number that i can call to find out why i haven't recieved anything as far as why my process hasn't started such as medical, fitness, etc. as i pretty much haven't started anything as yet.
            Test 10/07
            TSU 8/24/09

Comment

now my questions

Fitness:
              Medical:
              Drug Test:
              BI:
              TSU:

now my second question

TO = Tentative offer
              Pre emp forms = stack of forms they send with a TO
              VBT = Video Based Test
              Quals = Qualification
              EOD = Entrance on duty
              FLETC = Federal Law Enforcement Training Center

As far as not receiving anything after getting your test results......

No one is getting anything right now. No one in TSU is moving and TSU is extremely packed right now. Not much room for any additions. So my guess is that they will not get anyone else started on prequalifications until everyone else gets moving first. (Again just a guess) Just be patient that is what everyone is trying to do right now.
              Exam - July 2008
              NOR - Aug 2008
              T.O. - Dec 2008
              Background Completed - March 2009
              TSU - April 22 2009
              FCRA - March 2010
              Drivers License Form - May 2010
              Back in TSU - June 15 2010
              Poly - January 2011
              2nd BI - May 2011 (Still waiting on the little green check)

Comment

• So tomorrow is my birthday, I'm going to blow out my candles (haha) and wish for a "call" from TSU or MHC, whoever does these so-called "calls"!!!!
                TO-6/16/08
                TSU-E.TX 12/01/08

Comment

• Does anyone know if it is a 4 inch block that they make you go down to when doing the pushups in the fitness test? I just want to make sure I am using the right size when I am working out. Thanks in advance.
                  Exam - July 2008
                  NOR - Aug 2008
                  T.O. - Dec 2008
                  Background Completed - March 2009
                  TSU - April 22 2009
                  FCRA - March 2010
                  Drivers License Form - May 2010
                  Back in TSU - June 15 2010
                  Poly - January 2011
                  2nd BI - May 2011 (Still waiting on the little green check)

Comment

• Originally posted by NIKKIinBUFFALO View Post
                    Does anyone know if it is a 4 inch block that they make you go down to when doing the pushups in the fitness test? I just want to make sure I am using the right size when I am working out. Thanks in advance.
                    Actually, don't use the block and just go as far down as you can and when you do HAVE to use the block (test), it will/should be a lot easier!!! Just my 2 pennies.....good luck....
                    TO-6/16/08
                    TSU-E.TX 12/01/08

Comment

• Originally posted by NIKKIinBUFFALO View Post
                      TO = Tentative offer
                      Pre emp forms = stack of forms they send with a TO
                      VBT = Video Based Test
                      Quals = Qualification
                      EOD = Entrance on duty
                      FLETC = Federal Law Enforcement Training Center

As far as not receiving anything after getting your test results......

No one is getting anything right now. No one in TSU is moving and TSU is extremely packed right now. Not much room for any additions. So my guess is that they will not get anyone else started on prequalifications until everyone else gets moving first. (Again just a guess) Just be patient that is what everyone is trying to do right now.
                      thanks for clearing that up and doing my best being patient as mine is nothing compared to what some of you men and women have been waiting for. i am just wanting to get somewhat moving 'cause i have another 5mths in which i'm going to have to extend for as far as my test scores are concerned.

TO:
                      Pre-Emp Forms:
                      Fitness:
                      Medical:
                      VBT:
                      Quals:
                      Drug Test:
                      BI:
                      TSU:
                      EOD:
                      FLETC:
                      CASS:

Comment

now my questions

Fitness:
                        Medical:
                        Drug Test:
                        BI:
                        TSU:

now my second question

TO: Tentative Offer. That's the notice you get to start the whole process. Basically it reads “Congratulations, you’re hired. Now jump through our hoops then we will hire you”. If you don’t get this, then your name hasn’t been reached yet, and you do not need to worry about the other steps listed below.

Pre-Emp Forms: Pre-Employment Forms. It’s as thick as the old testament, and asks you about every aspect of your life, just short of asking you how often you drop one. You get it at the same time as your TO.

Fitness: Fitness exam. See the CBP website for how the test is. Done at the same time as the Medical Exam.

Medical: Medical Exam. It is done the same time as the Fitness exam. It is conducted in a contracted Doctor’s office or medical clinic near you along with your medical exam. Bring a face mask if you don’t want to get sick, as you are waiting in the waiting room with sick patients waiting to see the same doc you need to see. Evaluates your hearing, vision, EKG and the whole cough and grab your junk thing (if you’re a male)

VBT: Video-Based Test. It’s pretty much your oral interview. Not really allowed to discuss much of it, but it’s easy as long as you’re a mature adult and know how to deal with real-life situations. Looking back, I kind of enjoyed it.

Quals: Qualification. Another term for Pay-Grade. Did you apply at the GS 5 or 7? 5 is pretty much complete entry-level, while 7 is entry level with pertinent work experience, B.A with honors, or Masters Degree.

Drug Test: Go to another doctor’s office, sit in their waiting room, and wait to be called to pee in a cup. You will be notified randomly for it. Bring another mask with you...

BI: Background Investigation. This is where they verify your Pre-Employment forms to the truth. You will meet a person who will interview all of the people you listed on all of those forms. They verify your finances, criminal past, family history, travel habits, etc. I refer to him as my stalker, but all in all he was pretty cool, but I don’t think I can speak for everyone else here.

TSU: Training Scheduling Unit. The bottomless abyss that some of us here are in. It’s when your file at the hiring center has all of your documents, and when all of the steps above have been completed. In normal situations, it’s the limbo period between when you jump through all of the hoops and when you start training.

EOD: Entrance of Duty. The first day of work! Yay!

FLETC: Federal Law Enforcement Training Center. It’s The Police Academy, although not as funny. It's also refered to as Glynco, as it is in Glynn County, GA.

CASS - Central Applicant Self-Service. A website that tells you where you stand with your hiring process, so it stops you from bugging the hiring center with questions like “Where do I stand with my hiring process?”
                        Last edited by sag227; 01-28-2010, 05:21 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by sag227 View Post
                          TO: Tentative Offer. That's the notice you get to start the whole process. Basically it reads “Congratulations, you’re hired. Now jump through our hoops then we will hire you”. If you don’t get this, then your name hasn’t been reached yet, and you do not need to worry about the other steps listed below.

Pre-Emp Forms: Pre-Employment Forms. It’s as thick as the old testament, and asks you about every aspect of your life, just short of asking you how often you drop one. You get it at the same time as your TO.

Fitness: Fitness exam. See the CBP website for how the test is. Done at the same time as the Medical Exam.

Medical: Medical Exam. It is done the same time as the Fitness exam. It is conducted in a contracted Doctor’s office or medical clinic near you along with your medical exam. Bring a face mask if you don’t want to get sick, as you are waiting in the waiting room with sick patients waiting to see the same doc you need to see. Evaluates your hearing, vision, EKG and the whole cough and grab your junk thing (if you’re a male)

VBT: Video-Based Test. It’s pretty much your oral interview. Not really allowed to discuss much of it, but it’s easy as long as you’re a mature adult and know how to deal with real-life situations. Looking back, I kind of enjoyed it.

Quals: Qualification. Another term for Pay-Grade. Did you apply at the GS 5 or 7? 5 is pretty much complete entry-level, while 7 is entry level with pertinent work experience, B.A with honors, or Masters Degree.

Drug Test: Go to another doctor’s office, sit in their waiting room, and wait to be called to pee in a cup. You will be notified randomly for it. Bring another mask with you...

BI: Background Investigation. This is where they verify your Pre-Employment forms to the truth. You will meet a person who will interview all of the people you listed on all of those forms. They verify your finances, criminal past, family history, travel habits, etc. I refer to him as my stalker, but all in all he was pretty cool, but I don’t think I can speak for everyone else here.

TSU: Training Scheduling Unit. The bottomless abyss that some of us here are in. It’s when your file at the hiring center has all of your documents, and when all of the steps above have been completed. In normal situations, it’s the limbo period between when you jump through all of the hoops and when you start training.

EOD: Entrance of Duty. The first day of work! Yay!

FLETC: Federal Law Enforcement Training Center. It’s The Police Academy, although not as funny. It's also refered to as Glynco, as it is in Glynn County, GA.

CASS - Central Applicant Self-Service. A website that tells you where you stand with your hiring process, so it stops you from bugging the hiring center with questions like “Where do I stand with my hiring process?”
                          nice break down Thank You

TO:
                          Pre-Emp Forms:
                          Fitness:
                          Medical:
                          VBT:
                          Quals:
                          Drug Test:
                          BI:
                          TSU:
                          EOD:
                          FLETC:
                          CASS:

Comment

• Originally posted by justwaiting View Post
                            I been waiting.. took the test in 2006 been in TSU since 8/09.. my wife is a officer.. and we just found out our port.. there breaking down the training unit.. and said its because they wont be hiring for at least another year.. Newark.. Sucks.. but I'm getting turned off.. might just stay in the career i'm in now. and forget that!!

This was very hard to read. What I read is that you tested in 06 and are now in TSU. Your wife is an officer at Newark and she has informed you that Newark is having the training unit stand down as they do not expect any new hires in the near future.
                            CBPO East Texas
                            TO: 3/3/09
                            Pre-Emp Forms: 3/26/09
                            Fitness: 4/6/09 -Passed
                            Medical: 4/6/09 -Passed
                            VBT: 4/7/09 -Passed
                            Quals: (GS-7) 4/10/09 -Verified
                            Drug Test: 4/17/09 -Passed
                            BI: 8/27/09 -Cleared
                            TSU: 8/27/09
                            FCRA: 05/19/10
                            BI Update: 6/16/10

Comment

• Originally posted by Wrangler81 View Post
                              if u get hired as a 7/1 it's easy.. next year, 9/1, then 11/1.. then allegedly 12/1 then u start steps.. but thats a long time from now..... u do have year end "performance evals" that are merely a formality...
                              That means in three years from hire date, someone is a twelve step one?

Comment

Hi there and welcome! Did you actually take the test in Port Huron?

If so....where at?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 19759 users online. 550 members and 19209 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X