B.I. - 05/09 - Completed
    Medical - 05/09 - Completed
    TSU

EOD: ???
    FLETC: ???

Comment

• Originally posted by vqv123 View Post
      Anybody's Cass down?
      Negative. Logged in about 5 minutes ago.
      CBPO East Texas
      TO: 3/3/09
      Pre-Emp Forms: 3/26/09
      Fitness: 4/6/09 -Passed
      Medical: 4/6/09 -Passed
      VBT: 4/7/09 -Passed
      Quals: (GS-7) 4/10/09 -Verified
      Drug Test: 4/17/09 -Passed
      BI: 8/27/09 -Cleared
      TSU: 8/27/09
      FCRA: 05/19/10
      BI Update: 6/16/10

Comment

• My CASS is fine...?

Comment

• Thanks for checking. I'll contact them tomorrow.

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
            It doesn't work that way.

Now...CBP will issue TOs first based on GS-05/GS-07 so it's very possible that the 05 gets an offer first. Also, there are always a limited number of 07s issued so it is also possible that a 07 will sit about longer awaiting a TO than the 05. A 07 might also take longer to get through the qualification process because the quals are stricter for a 07. So it's possible for a GS-07 to get jammed up during the pre-TO phase.

Once one does get a TO though and makes it all the way to the hiring center, it doesn't matter. As far as on a port level, almost no hiring is done on a port level. Entry level positions will virtually never be filled by port level hires. For almost everybody, the people at a port will have no idea at what level anyone is coming in at until AFTER the hiring center in Minn. hires them.
            Additionally CBP doesn't just give out 7's, you have to qualify for it. That means, theoretically, you already have some of the skills CBP is going to teach you and they don't have as much training to do with you. That also means you should be able to pass the academy with little or no problems. Both of these results have the effect of lowering the cost of hiring a 7 over a 5.

A 5 might have problems getting through the academy, but then again they might not. If they fail then all of the money spent sending them there and completing the hiring process is wasted (that goes for both 5's and 7's). A 7 has proven they can handle at least portions of the job, CBP is going to offer.
            But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object, evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new guards for their future security.

For the intelectually challenged: If the government screws the people enough, it is the right and responsibility of the people to revolt and form a new government.

Comment

• Originally posted by kc12 View Post
              Additionally CBP doesn't just give out 7's, you have to qualify for it. That means, theoretically, you already have some of the skills CBP is going to teach you and they don't have as much training to do with you. That also means you should be able to pass the academy with little or no problems. Both of these results have the effect of lowering the cost of hiring a 7 over a 5.

A 5 might have problems getting through the academy, but then again they might not. If they fail then all of the money spent sending them there and completing the hiring process is wasted (that goes for both 5's and 7's). A 7 has proven they can handle at least portions of the job, CBP is going to offer.
              So does that mean everybody who qualified for 07 will get contacted in TSU first over the 05's since the 07's have a higher probability of passing the academy?

Comment

• Still in CASS. TSU 06/2009--Northern Maine
                CBPO
                Written 08/08
                TO 02/09
                TSU 06/09
                BI Expired 04/10
                Polygraph 06/10--Passed
                Met with 2nd BI--07/10
                TSU 08/10

CBP BPA
                Written 08/10
                TO 09/10
                TSU 11/10
                THE CALL: 03/02/2011
                FLETC: 04/04/2011--06/20/2011

Comment

• Originally posted by Lancer07 View Post
                  You can't be serious man lol. You actually believed that statement?
                  sarcasm is so easy to read online!

p.s. be careful who you refer to as a man...I'd stay away from assuming everyone on here is a man.

Comment

• I would hope as far as hiring, they would just go down the TSU list. I did check that I would accept a GS-5 and a GS-7 position but I know I qualified for GS-7 and my offer was also as a GS-7.

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
                      It doesn't work that way.

Now...CBP will issue TOs first based on GS-05/GS-07 so it's very possible that the 05 gets an offer first. Also, there are always a limited number of 07s issued so it is also possible that a 07 will sit about longer awaiting a TO than the 05. A 07 might also take longer to get through the qualification process because the quals are stricter for a 07. So it's possible for a GS-07 to get jammed up during the pre-TO phase.

Once one does get a TO though and makes it all the way to the hiring center, it doesn't matter. As far as on a port level, almost no hiring is done on a port level. Entry level positions will virtually never be filled by port level hires. For almost everybody, the people at a port will have no idea at what level anyone is coming in at until AFTER the hiring center in Minn. hires them.
                      I called TSU with this question about a year ago and got almost this same exact answer. Once you get a T.O. and make it to TSU, it is by your TSU date they hire.
                      Last edited by UofU76; 01-28-2010, 12:29 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by SSG_MP View Post
                        So does that mean everybody who qualified for 07 will get contacted in TSU first over the 05's since the 07's have a higher probability of passing the academy?
                        No, the point is the higher cost to pay the GS-7 is countered by the generally faster learning curve, when compared to a GS-5. The end result is, it is essentially a wash cost wise whether they hire a GS-5 or a GS-7. The GS-7 will be at full performance level a year faster than the GS-5, but when we are talking 3 or 4 years down the road that is essentially irrelevant.
                        But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object, evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new guards for their future security.

For the intelectually challenged: If the government screws the people enough, it is the right and responsibility of the people to revolt and form a new government.

Comment

• I emailed MHC about my CASS file not showing up. They said it was an error and that it should be up the next time CASS updates. This is some roller coaster ride we are all in. Good luck to everyone!

Comment

I emailed MHC about my CASS file not showing up. They said it was an error and that it should be up the next time CASS updates. This is some roller coaster ride we are all in. Good luck to everyone!
                            That is good you followed up on that. It's scary with those letters we had to send to them saying we are still interested, I am waiting for them to say they didn't get it! I hope that doesn't happen to anyone.
                            CBPO
                            Test: July 2008
                            TO: 12/26/08
                            VBT 1/21/09-passed
                            Medical - 1/21/09 - cleared 4/28
                            Fitness - 1/21/09 - passed
                            Drug test - 2/5/09- passed
                            BI - Cleared
                            TSU -4/29/09 (Buffalo)
                            BI2 - cleared 8/11

ICE Special Agent
                            Test 7/22/09 passed

Comment

I emailed MHC about my CASS file not showing up. They said it was an error and that it should be up the next time CASS updates. This is some roller coaster ride we are all in. Good luck to everyone!
                              Glad to hear that!
                              CBPO East Texas
                              TO: 3/3/09
                              Pre-Emp Forms: 3/26/09
                              Fitness: 4/6/09 -Passed
                              Medical: 4/6/09 -Passed
                              VBT: 4/7/09 -Passed
                              Quals: (GS-7) 4/10/09 -Verified
                              Drug Test: 4/17/09 -Passed
                              BI: 8/27/09 -Cleared
                              TSU: 8/27/09
                              FCRA: 05/19/10
                              BI Update: 6/16/10

Comment

• change of subject.

how does pay work? if i ever get the call, i'm wondering how much i'll get paid. i can read the pay chart just fine, but after one year, will i go from a 7 to a 9? or a seven step 2? do you go up every year, quarter, etc. does it depend on evaluations or job performance? again, any info is appreciated.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3106 users online. 222 members and 2884 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X