300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Hopeful09 View Post
    If you're being serious, does this mean besides the 15 weeks or so at the academy, an additional 6 months or so of buds training?
    There is no way he is serious......the PT for CBP compared to that of Buds, is no where near a comparison lol....

Comment

• Originally posted by SSG_MP View Post
      There is no way he is serious......the PT for CBP compared to that of Buds, is no where near a comparison lol....
      Not to mention that BUD/S is a seven month HAZEX. I went to a school at Coronado NAB...me and a few of my friends used to pound beer on the beach and watch the BUD/S guys get smoked when there was nothing else to do. Old Misery doesn't get any lighter the more they lift it.

Those BUD/S guys were wet and sandy 24/7...screw that.
      Big Brother is watching

Comment

• Originally posted by Hopeful09 View Post
        If you're being serious, does this mean besides the 15 weeks or so at the academy, an additional 6 months or so of buds training?
        You can't be serious man lol. You actually believed that statement?

Comment

• Error..................................
          Last edited by sevokg; 06-07-2018, 03:28 PM.

Comment

• Well today I tried logging in CASS and my application id/ssn was not on file. I called the CASS hotline and it says the same thing. Is anyone else having this problem? I made TSU back in July btw.

Comment

• Originally posted by sevokg View Post
              Well after talking to a couple Customs Officers at LAX and finding out valuable information regarding the hiring at possibly LAX AND LB. I do not know if the rest of the country is doing there hiring practices like this, but the officers stated Customs is hiring all the g-5's first, then the g-7's based on the g-5's get paid less. That is how LAX is doing it, for I work for TSA so I have the pleasure of running into them daily, in the nice black uniform.
              TSU:6/23/09:LAX/LB(LONG BEACH)
              Probably a good idea even though the idea is anathema to me. If they were doing this I wish they'd give GS-7's the option of changing to GS-5. That's what they would do if they really wanted to maximize their returns without changing the GS scale entirely.
              Last edited by TuffStuffCBP; 01-27-2010, 09:14 PM.
              CBPO
              GEO - NY/JFK
              TEST - 03/08 (NOR: 04/08)

TO - 01/09
              PE Forms - Completed
              Fitness - Completed
              VBT - 03/09 - Completed
              Drug Screen - Completed
              Qual - 05/09 - Completed
              B.I. - 05/09 - Completed
              Medical - 05/09 - Completed
              TSU

EOD: ???
              FLETC: ???

Comment

• Originally posted by TuffStuffCBP View Post
                Probably a good idea even though the idea is anathema to me. If they were doing this I wish they'd give GS-7's the option of changing to GS-5. That's what they would do if they really wanted to maximize their returns without changing the GS scale entirely.
                I agree!! Ultimately I figured for those of us who qualified for 7 meant technically we were at a higher qualification, so we would get priority. I can understand the GOV wanting to save so they just want to hire 5's, so the 7's should get the option of going to 5 to EOD, I'll take it in a heartbeat!!

Comment

• Originally posted by SSG_MP View Post
                  I agree!! Ultimately I figured for those of us who qualified for 7 meant technically we were at a higher qualification, so we would get priority. I can understand the GOV wanting to save so they just want to hire 5's, so the 7's should get the option of going to 5 to EOD, I'll take it in a heartbeat!!
                  When you submitted under the announcement, it should have asked you if you would accept consideration for the 5 and 7 level. If you selected 7 only, then that is all you will receive. If you selected 5 and 7, then you will receive consideration for both.
                  CBPO East Texas
                  TO: 3/3/09
                  Pre-Emp Forms: 3/26/09
                  Fitness: 4/6/09 -Passed
                  Medical: 4/6/09 -Passed
                  VBT: 4/7/09 -Passed
                  Quals: (GS-7) 4/10/09 -Verified
                  Drug Test: 4/17/09 -Passed
                  BI: 8/27/09 -Cleared
                  TSU: 8/27/09
                  FCRA: 05/19/10
                  BI Update: 6/16/10

Comment

• i took the offer as the 5 when i got it... and let me tell you it was really rough keeping up with 9's and 11's on the money wheel... good luck

Comment

• Originally posted by USMC0844 View Post
                      When you submitted under the announcement, it should have asked you if you would accept consideration for the 5 and 7 level. If you selected 7 only, then that is all you will receive. If you selected 5 and 7, then you will receive consideration for both.
                      You are right, I actually forgot about that. I just dug up my NOR, and and have ratings for both 5 and 7, and know I remember saying I would consider both. Thanks for the reminder!!

Comment

• Originally posted by woodster11x View Post
                        just fyi to the guys awaiting the academy, all new cbp recruits are required to attend navy seals buds training and halo school after fletc. Our mission is changing and we are slowly being converted into double 0 agents. just giving a heads up :-)
                        I'm sure there's a lot of opprotunities for underwater demolition for me in the international arrivals terminal of IAD. Sterling, VA, is a hotbed of paramilitary law enforcement activity! Haha.
                        "He made the night a little brighter where ever he would go. The old lamplighter of long, long ago."

Comment

• Btw, Presidnt Obama just said in the State of the Union Address that strengthening our borders is a top national security priority. Maybe we'll all get the call tomorrow!

A man can dream...
                          "He made the night a little brighter where ever he would go. The old lamplighter of long, long ago."

Comment

• Originally posted by sevokg View Post
                            Well after talking to a couple Customs Officers at LAX and finding out valuable information regarding the hiring at possibly LAX AND LB. I do not know if the rest of the country is doing there hiring practices like this, but the officers stated Customs is hiring all the g-5's first, then the g-7's based on the g-5's get paid less. That is how LAX is doing it, for I work for TSA so I have the pleasure of running into them daily, in the nice black uniform.
                            TSU:6/23/09:LAX/LB(LONG BEACH)
                            It doesn't work that way.

Now...CBP will issue TOs first based on GS-05/GS-07 so it's very possible that the 05 gets an offer first. Also, there are always a limited number of 07s issued so it is also possible that a 07 will sit about longer awaiting a TO than the 05. A 07 might also take longer to get through the qualification process because the quals are stricter for a 07. So it's possible for a GS-07 to get jammed up during the pre-TO phase.

Once one does get a TO though and makes it all the way to the hiring center, it doesn't matter. As far as on a port level, almost no hiring is done on a port level. Entry level positions will virtually never be filled by port level hires. For almost everybody, the people at a port will have no idea at what level anyone is coming in at until AFTER the hiring center in Minn. hires them.

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
                              It doesn't work that way.

Now...CBP will issue TOs first based on GS-05/GS-07 so it's very possible that the 05 gets an offer first. Also, there are always a limited number of 07s issued so it is also possible that a 07 will sit about longer awaiting a TO than the 05. A 07 might also take longer to get through the qualification process because the quals are stricter for a 07. So it's possible for a GS-07 to get jammed up during the pre-TO phase.

Once one does get a TO though and makes it all the way to the hiring center, it doesn't matter. As far as on a port level, almost no hiring is done on a port level. Entry level positions will virtually never be filled by port level hires. For almost everybody, the people at a port will have no idea at what level anyone is coming in at until AFTER the hiring center in Minn. hires them.

Interesting. For some reason I had it in my head that you would not know the grade of the offer until receiving the call. After reading your post, I went back and reviewed my TO. Sure enough it states that the offer is being made at the GS-07 level upon being found qualified. I received the check mark in CASS for GS-07, so I guess when the call comes I am go as a 07. That makes me feel better as the 07 pay scale for East TX is inline with my current salary level.
                              CBPO East Texas
                              TO: 3/3/09
                              Pre-Emp Forms: 3/26/09
                              Fitness: 4/6/09 -Passed
                              Medical: 4/6/09 -Passed
                              VBT: 4/7/09 -Passed
                              Quals: (GS-7) 4/10/09 -Verified
                              Drug Test: 4/17/09 -Passed
                              BI: 8/27/09 -Cleared
                              TSU: 8/27/09
                              FCRA: 05/19/10
                              BI Update: 6/16/10

Comment

• Anybody's Cass down?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12457 users online. 456 members and 12001 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X