Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CBP officer

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I think what he's referring to is the no significant movement in hiring for about a F*****G YEAR NOW!!!!!!!

    Comment


    • he's been in TSU for 5 months. That's nothing.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Lancer07 View Post
        he's been in TSU for 5 months. That's nothing.
        Remember when 5 days was a lot?

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Lancer07 View Post
          he's been in TSU for 5 months. That's nothing.
          Yeah, but I have been watching this thread for over a year now and my post was because it was fixing to fall off of the first page. If I would not have made that joke and nobody responded, this would be page 2 for the first time in God knows how long. Just thought it was a fitting sign of the times.
          CBPO East Texas
          TO: 3/3/09
          Pre-Emp Forms: 3/26/09
          Fitness: 4/6/09 -Passed
          Medical: 4/6/09 -Passed
          VBT: 4/7/09 -Passed
          Quals: (GS-7) 4/10/09 -Verified
          Drug Test: 4/17/09 -Passed
          BI: 8/27/09 -Cleared
          TSU: 8/27/09
          FCRA: 05/19/10
          BI Update: 6/16/10

          Comment


          • A year ago the biggest topic of conversation was what kind of footwear to bring to FLETC or if there was wireless internet in the dorms.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by USMC0844 View Post
              Shut her down and cut out the lights boys. Party is over.
              Un-tap the keg and make sure the butts are out too.

              This job pursuit is like some kind of bazar quest of Ulysses. After The One hundred Year Wait, enters The Giant Cyclops.
              Le gra'sta De' a Theim.
              Galic: By The Grace Of God Go I.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by imlikeaninja View Post
                Heading out the door for my VBT. Ended up going with a grey suit. Wish me luck guys.
                That was me a year ago today

                Comment


                • I remember when 2.5 through 3 year waits in TSU were not all that uncommon.

                  It ebbs, it flows. The good news...it's almost February. Sometime before now and October, they'll have to hire for FY10. That means calls are more or less coming, starting sometime in the spring and early summer at the latest.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
                    I remember when 2.5 through 3 year waits in TSU were not all that uncommon.

                    It ebbs, it flows. The good news...it's almost February. Sometime before now and October, they'll have to hire for FY10. That means calls are more or less coming, starting sometime in the spring and early summer at the latest.
                    I'm done with speculation. Who knows if there will even be a CBP as it is currently understood going forward. 10 years ago it didn't exist. What happened to all of the INS, Customs and Ag applicants after the merger? Did they have to reapply, or was an application for INS good for the new position?
                    CBPO
                    GEO - NY/JFK
                    TEST - 03/08 (NOR: 04/08)

                    TO - 01/09
                    PE Forms - Completed
                    Fitness - Completed
                    VBT - 03/09 - Completed
                    Drug Screen - Completed
                    Qual - 05/09 - Completed
                    B.I. - 05/09 - Completed
                    Medical - 05/09 - Completed
                    TSU


                    EOD: ???
                    FLETC: ???

                    Comment


                    • hey merlin

                      is there something important about february as far as hiring/spending/training goes? i think weeks back when i was harassing the tsu mhc people for information, they made reference to february.

                      i, like many others cling to hope and also any new information.

                      Comment


                      • Tuff,

                        I'm done with speculation. Who knows if there will even be a CBP as it is currently understood going forward. 10 years ago it didn't exist. What happened to all of the INS, Customs and Ag applicants after the merger? Did they have to reapply, or was an application for INS good for the new position?

                        Not proud to say but I've had the misfortune of getting a "letters" advising me that due to an act of congress the agency I've applied to (INS) has been abolished. Then, The registry for U.S. Customs has been closed, your invited to apply again when reorganization has been completed. Now at least the applicant is more informed during the process. Back in the "Day" you didn't hear "Jack-diddley-doddle" from the agency's.
                        Last edited by Thek9; 01-26-2010, 11:02 PM. Reason: Correction
                        Le gra'sta De' a Theim.
                        Galic: By The Grace Of God Go I.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Thek9 View Post
                          Not proud to say but I've had the misfortune of getting a "letters" advising me that due to an act of congress the agency I've applied to (INS) has been abolished. Then, The registry for U.S. Customs has been closed, your invited to apply again when reorganization has been completed. Now at least the applicant is more informed during the process. Back in the "Day" you did hear "Jack-diddley-doddle" from the agency's.
                          Exactly.
                          CBPO
                          GEO - NY/JFK
                          TEST - 03/08 (NOR: 04/08)

                          TO - 01/09
                          PE Forms - Completed
                          Fitness - Completed
                          VBT - 03/09 - Completed
                          Drug Screen - Completed
                          Qual - 05/09 - Completed
                          B.I. - 05/09 - Completed
                          Medical - 05/09 - Completed
                          TSU


                          EOD: ???
                          FLETC: ???

                          Comment


                          • Just curious as to why soooo many applicants find it necessary to have at the end of their messages what stage they are in of the application process???

                            This is not a jab, just curious why you feel you must do it is all.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by anydaynow View Post
                              hey merlin

                              is there something important about february as far as hiring/spending/training goes? i think weeks back when i was harassing the tsu mhc people for information, they made reference to february.

                              i, like many others cling to hope and also any new information.
                              Not that I know of.

                              They have hundreds of people to hire between now and Oct. The longer they wait, the more difficult it becomes to rush things. Febuary is as good of a time to open up as any....and better than waiting. That puts people in classes in March. 100-150 new people each month from March till August. Roughly 700 new hires...that sounds about right.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by ArmouredSainT View Post
                                Just curious as to why soooo many applicants find it necessary to have at the end of their messages what stage they are in of the application process???

                                This is not a jab, just curious why you feel you must do it is all.
                                I did it so I can remember when I did each step and keep track of when each expires.... I'm not the most organized person when it comes to paperwork, so it's easier for me to just jump on the forum and check my sig rather than shuffle through the stack of paper on my desk to find a date.....
                                Geo Pref - Boston
                                Written - 7/25/2008
                                TO - 3/6/2009
                                Pre-Employment Forms - 3/11/2009 Complete
                                Qualifications (GS05/07) - 3/11/2009 Complete GS07
                                VBT - 3/24/2009 Passed
                                Med/Phys - 3/25/2009 Passed
                                Drug Test - 4/3/2009 Passed
                                BI - 5/13/2009
                                TSU - 9/04/2009

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 9073 users online. 277 members and 8796 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X