Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [QUOTE=Bolts56;2175730]
    Originally posted by UofU76 View Post

I believe the TSU person is referring to Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years... of 2010.

I agree with you; TSU has no idea what is happening until DC calls and says "Give us X people for Port X for a X , 2010 Academy" and then they make calls.

But they don't know or won't know until they know, you know?
    I agree.

Comment

• Has anyone noticed that when you respond to another persons comment that the wrong name is being quoted in the originally posted line?
      Example, I just responded to Bolts56 and my name is in the originally posted line so it looks like I responded to myself. I guess it doesn't matter, but I don't remember that happening before.

Comment

• Happy one year tsu anniversary to me.

Comment

• Originally posted by anydaynow View Post
          Happy one year tsu anniversary to me.

1 yr ago today I took the VBT and the fitness test. Oh the hopes I had!
          CASS hasn't changed for me. I guess they aren't doing fitness tests until you get "the call" at least that is what I got from the most recent email they sent out.
          Does the BI expire after a year too?
          CBPO
          Test: July 2008
          TO: 12/26/08
          VBT 1/21/09-passed
          Medical - 1/21/09 - cleared 4/28
          Fitness - 1/21/09 - passed
          Drug test - 2/5/09- passed
          BI - Cleared
          TSU -4/29/09 (Buffalo)
          BI2 - cleared 8/11

ICE Special Agent
          Test 7/22/09 passed

Comment

• By chance is any one in here a re-hire?

Comment

• New CBP OFO sighting. Plane from NY to Kentucky (notice not international) was diverted to Philly due to misunderstanding over religious items. I found it interesting as this is the second time in the past couple of months I have seen CBPOs involved in a reaction force. According to a certain poster using many names on here, CBPOs are not asked to participate in reaction drills because they are not real law enforcement.

http://buzz.yahoo.com/buzzlog/93331?fp=1

Also several CBP sightings in this video:

http://www.myfoxphilly.com/dpp/news/...elphia-airport

Last edited by USMC0844; 01-21-2010, 07:36 PM.
              CBPO East Texas
              TO: 3/3/09
              Pre-Emp Forms: 3/26/09
              Fitness: 4/6/09 -Passed
              Medical: 4/6/09 -Passed
              VBT: 4/7/09 -Passed
              Quals: (GS-7) 4/10/09 -Verified
              Drug Test: 4/17/09 -Passed
              BI: 8/27/09 -Cleared
              TSU: 8/27/09
              FCRA: 05/19/10
              BI Update: 6/16/10

Comment

• Originally posted by alb3508 View Post
                My FCRA expired as well and I called MHC yesterday. The lady said that it hadn't been mailed and I asked if she could email it and she did. I already sent the form back today. Hopefully this can help you out.
                Hey thanks! Will email.
                Geo Area: SFO/OAK
                Written: 08/23/08- 92 (87+5)
                NOR: 09/2008
                TO: 09/25/08
                Medical/Physical:10/08,09/09,10/09
                Drug Test: 11/2008
                Oral Board: 12/03/08
                BI: 03/12/2009 (Initiated 10/2008)
                Qualifications: 03/17/09
                Referred to TSU:03/19/09

IEA Agent
                Geo Area: San Francisco County
                Written:05/26/09
                T.O.:08/28/09
                Pre-Employment Forms Sent To DSC: 09/11/09
                Medical/Fitness:11/02/09
                Interview:PASSED on 11/16/09

Comment

• I just thought i would like to quote J B (JBThug) from the delphiforums when someone asked when hiring at JFK would begin to hire.

Nobody here has experienced hiring procedures during a similar economic recession where unemployment has exceeded 10%.

Nobody here was around to comment on hiring practices at JFK between 1933 and 1943, the only period I can think of that was worse in US history.

Nobody can predict when HQ will feel the need to augment the current workforce, as commercial flights continue to decline and as world commerce continues to remain stagnant or decline from month to month.

There is no need to hire more staff at JFK while flight volumes continue to DECLINE in the face of a world-wide recession.

Gas prices are rising, so ticket prices will rise, so more flights will have fewer passengers, which means more airlines will cancel more flights into JFK.
                  Although this really hit the nail on the head on answering our age-old question on when HQs is going to hire us all, it really discourages me, as it seems this current administration seems to be hell-bent on doing everything else (failed health care reform, bailing out GE et. al., giving themselves raises) but creating job growth and encouraging travel. In fact, it is getting to the point of anger.

Got a job, laid off. Got another job, laid off again. Currently collecting unemployment doing per diem work, and waiting for a job that may or may not come until the politicians pull their head out of their @$#es. If it weren't for bad luck i'd have no luck at all.
                  Last edited by sag227; 01-22-2010, 02:30 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by sag227 View Post
                    I just thought i would like to quote J B (JBThug) from the delphiforums when someone asked when hiring at JFK would begin to hire.

Although this really hit the nail on the head on answering our age-old question on when HQs is going to hire us all, it really discourages me, as it seems this current administration seems to be hell-bent on doing everything else (failed health care reform, bailing out GE et. al., giving themselves raises) but creating job growth and encouraging travel. In fact, it is getting to the point of anger.

Got a job, laid off. Got another job, laid off again. Currently collecting unemployment doing per diem work, and waiting for a job that may or may not come until the politicians pull their head out of their @$#es. If it weren't for bad luck i'd have no luck at all.

The government bailed out General Electric too?

Comment

• Originally posted by anydaynow View Post
                      The government bailed out General Electric too?
                      hahaha ooops...GM, not GE.

Comment

• Originally posted by sr20 View Post
                        i know this is way off the subject...but i have few questions for some of the current/former TSOs...

As I'm waiting to get the "call", I have decided to apply for TSO. Can someone explain what's the difference on the pay band between Part-time Permanent and Full-time Permanent.

http://www.tsa.gov/join/careers/pay_scales.shtm

on the link, there's minimum and maximum pay, so how does the raise work?

The location I signed up for, its Part-time Permanent and I think I'm qualified for Band D.

If you get the position as Part-Time TSO, it will be at Band D. Part-Time salary is based on the number of hours you work. For example, full time D band salary is about $20k, figure out the hourly rate for that, then multiply by the hours you will work.
                        You wont get a raise until the COL increases at the end of the year. There's also PASS (a pay for performance system that's pretty much a joke), but you wont qualify for it this year since you wont be employed for the full year.
                        The raises that go along with PASS are never set in stone. 1 year, you could get the highest rating and get a 3% raise & $1500 bonus, the next year get the exact same rating and get a 2% raise & $1000 bonus. It's not a terrible job, if you're only going to be using it to kill time until CBP or another real agency calls then it's great. If you plan to make it a career, I'd advise looking elsewhere.

I've been with TSA for nearly 6 VERY VERY VERY long years, so anything else you need to know feel free to ask.
                        Geo Pref - Boston
                        Written - 7/25/2008
                        TO - 3/6/2009
                        Pre-Employment Forms - 3/11/2009 Complete
                        Qualifications (GS05/07) - 3/11/2009 Complete GS07
                        VBT - 3/24/2009 Passed
                        Med/Phys - 3/25/2009 Passed
                        Drug Test - 4/3/2009 Passed
                        BI - 5/13/2009
                        TSU - 9/04/2009

Comment

• There are quite a few TSA employees on this forum so it is a great place to get info. I have been in TSA for 3 1/2 years. I started as a part time D band baggage TSO. After about 6 months I moved to full time by taking a split shift (work three hours, off for two, then work five more) and working both checkpoints and baggage. About 18 months ago I was promoted to Behavior Detection Officer which is F band (with Minnesota locality pay about 40k.) Its not the worst job. There is alot of BS and manager politics, more than anywhere else I've ever worked. TSA is not for everyone but for now it works for me. The starting pay isnt great, the hours suck and most people start as part time. On the other hand I love my new position, even part timers get benifits, and it makes a good stepping stone into federal employment. It definatly has its drawbacks but I am very greatful for it. At 22 I never would have gotten this kind of experiance outside of the military. If anyone has any other questions just ask one of the Thousand Standing Around will have the answer.
                          TSU- 07/14/09
                          location- Minneapolis

Comment

• Shut her down and cut out the lights boys. Party is over.
                            CBPO East Texas
                            TO: 3/3/09
                            Pre-Emp Forms: 3/26/09
                            Fitness: 4/6/09 -Passed
                            Medical: 4/6/09 -Passed
                            VBT: 4/7/09 -Passed
                            Quals: (GS-7) 4/10/09 -Verified
                            Drug Test: 4/17/09 -Passed
                            BI: 8/27/09 -Cleared
                            TSU: 8/27/09
                            FCRA: 05/19/10
                            BI Update: 6/16/10

Comment

• huh?????????????

Comment

• Originally posted by USMC0844 View Post
                                Shut her down and cut out the lights boys. Party is over.
                                What are you talking about?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11893 users online. 391 members and 11502 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X